THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that when creating profile images of mecha/aircraft, several nice designs have been created with what appears to be camo templates or 'swatches' (such as camoflagure, desert tan, urban camo, etc)

Would anyone be aware of any sites that would have good color 'swatches' that could be used when creating Valks?

I have noticed that when creating profile images of mecha/aircraft, several nice designs have been created with what appears to be camo templates or 'swatches' (such as camoflagure, desert tan, urban camo, etc)

Would anyone be aware of any sites that would have good color 'swatches' that could be used when creating Valks?

Try Doncolor i but beware that some of the colors do not match their real world counterparts.

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/luft_e.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Where's my drool bucket?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That is freakin'..........AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I get goose-bumps just lookin' at that!

Bah, where's my thesaurus?!?!?

Once again, NICE WORK!!!!!!!

Thank you VERY much for all your work on this VF-2SS project.

Hopefully we can collaborate on something else in the future. :)

Edited by Jedi Knight

• 2 weeks later...

And finally..........SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for all your hard work on this project hellohikaru. Once my part is done, I'll post a small version here, and send you a larger version. ;)

Of course the stealth pod is so simple because the only art available for it IS side line art :lol:

I wonder if I should customize this one...

Actually there is a non-matching bottom view of the stealth pod that comes with the side view.

I have only seen the type in the game VF-X Digital Missions and it was all purple i remember. There weren't any marking of affiliation on it.

• 3 weeks later...

finnally got back into making these. THis one is probalby the most detailed color scheme I've done. I know hellohikaru made a Sundowners VF-11 (which if you can't tell by now are one of my favorite squadrons) but I've had an idea for one myself since I made the VF-11 blank.

After transitioning to the VF-11 the Sundowners were stationed aboard the UNS Pioneer on a deep space exploration mission. Pictured here is the squadron leader's mecha, the 11th mecha was given to her in place of the traditional first because it's modex happened to coinside with the squadron's. It is finished in an overal dark grey scheme common among squadrons assigned to deep space, with the traditional red highlights and setting sun pattern on the tail. Of special note is the rainbow pattern in the sun, it was added after the captain of the Pioneer expressed his distaste for the mostly monochrome red and white motif of the Sundowner's mecha. Due to the nature of it's mission the Pioneer and her air group saw a great deal of combat against Zentradi and Supervision Army remnants, as a result this mecha shows a great deal of wear despite the best efforts of her maintnence crew.

post-5-1109495517_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nied

• 3 weeks later...