THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

It's from Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross, aka the Master's Saga in Robotech.

I was being facetious... I know what the "L" word is.

However it is kind of inviting criticism to have an RT/Southern Cross vehicle in a Macross color scheme thread... B))

I was being facetious... I know what the "L" word is.

However it is kind of inviting criticism to have an RT/Southern Cross vehicle in a Macross color scheme thread... B))

Actually you're wrong. Macross II.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my own colorscheme for a VF-22. :D

I need to redo this since it's a year old. But I'll get to it when I have free time.

post-8055-1210132230_thumb.jpg

Not too shabby, Starscream. Do you do requests?

I can but my free time is limited due to work and what-not. However, I'd suggest asking HelloHikaru- his color schemes come out a hell of a lot better looking than mine.

I've been working on coloring one of the VF-4 profiles I drew and decided I should post a preview of some of the (unfinished) paint schemes. What I'm posting now is Max's blue with white stripes and beige radome, Milia's red with black stripes and white radome (Based on her Macross 7 VF-1J), and Hikaru's white with red stripes and white radome. I'm planning to have the following all done at together first:

Max's

Blue with white stripes and beige radome

Blue with white stripes and white radome

Blue with black stripes and white radome

Milia's

Red with white stripes and beige radome

Red with white stripes and white radome

Red with black stripes and white radome

Hikaru's

vf4basemaxdarksr0.th.pngvf4basemiliablackstripemw0.th.pngvf4basehikarupt3.th.png

Thanks, Mr. March. I've been here for awhile, though I've only been lurking and reading the posts, haven't had anything to post before. I'm still a beginner as far as coloring, but I've been doing linearts for awhile now. Here's a large pic of most of the aircraft I've drawn. Of interest to the MWers here would be the VF-0/F-14 hybrid F-14NG (F-14E, F-14F, EF-14G), and my F-15/VF-11B hybrid F-27C Warhawk II.

aircraftchartqr0.th.png

Oh, nice work on your site. I've been following it since day 1 and it gets better and better. I've actually been using it as a reference for my schemes I've been working on.

I'm glad my website was of help. But make sure you remember, my color schemes may be good fan made interpretations of the real colors schemes, but they are still fan made. Some colors might not be 100% accurate in every detail and some change over time as I struggle to correct errors. In fact, the VF-1A Max, the VF-1A Dark Bird and the VF-0S Reactive Armor have all been given a recoloring to make them more anime accurate (the new pictures will appear in the next update). Just something to keep in mind.

I like the Hikaru scheme on the VF-4. Actually, I've always thought it would be kinda cool to see what the other Valkyries looked like in the classic VF-1 colors and vice versa. Like the YF-19 in the Hikaru White and Red colors or the VF-1A in the YF-19 colors :) That would be sick :)

Edited by Mr March

I'm glad my website was of help. But make sure you remember, my color schemes may be good fan made interpretations of the real colors schemes, but they are still fan made. Some colors might not be 100% accurate in every detail and some change over time as I struggle to correct errors. In fact, the VF-1A Max, the VF-1A Dark Bird and the VF-0S Reactive Armor have all been given a recoloring to make them more anime accurate (the new pictures will appear in the next update). Just something to keep in mind.

I like the Hikaru scheme on the VF-4. Actually, I've always thought it would be kinda cool to see what the other Valkyries looked like in the classic VF-1 colors and vice versa. Like the YF-19 in the Hikaru White and Red colors or the VF-1A in the YF-19 colors :) That would be sick :)

Hmm... interesting idea. Edited by Wolfman

Yeah, I know, March. I've mostly been using your images as a rough guide to the layout of the scheme, since I switched to using more realistic FS colors as opposed to the anime-closer colors I originally had. I'll be doing other classic VF-1 colors soon, at least the four DYRL Skull ones and the TV brown cannon fodder for sure. Looking forward to your site update!

I've pretty much finished the base paints for these. There's still some small things I'll go back and tweak later, but they're overall 99%. First three posted now, others and background text to follow later.

vf4basemaxdarkus7.th.pngvf4basemiliawhitestripeca1.th.pngvf4basehikaruij3.th.png

Edited by Talos

Beige nose and white stripe Max and Milia, as well as Hikaru created as a PR item for 10th anniversary of the end of SW1 in 2020. The decal on their tails reads "Victory 2010". They are repainted from YF-4 L/N 003 (Hikaru, which is unarmed and becomes a museum piece after the celebrations), VF-4A L/N 014 (Max) and VF-4A L/N 032 (Milia), which are both combat-capable and are flown by their respective pilots.

White nose and white stripe Max and Milia are from 2031. 014 was crashed by Max in 2026 and was replaced by upgraded VF-4G L/N 1675, featuring improved engines and FAST pack capability. Both it and the upgraded VF-4A® L/N 032 received a new white radome and where used to help promote the new movie released that year, "Do You Remember Love?".

vf4basemaxwhitestripewhjy8.th.pngvf4basemiliawhitestripevj3.th.png

White nose and black stripes are from sometime between 2031 and 2045. The UN Spacy sells the fighters as surplus to the Jeniuses, along with their SW1-veteran VF-1Js. They are then repainted with black stripes, but maintain their UNS markings. Milia takes her VF-1J with her on the Macross 7 mission, but the other three planes are left behind and donated to the Museum of Flight on Eden.

vf4basemaxblackstripewhwu7.th.pngvf4basemiliablackstripeja1.th.png

EDIT: And here's a VF-4 painted in USAF Compass Ghost colors.

vf4compassghostev0.th.png

Edited by Talos

• 4 weeks later...

LOL :) Wow, some one really did the Frankenstein with my pictures. Some of them look kinda cool, in a garish, super robot kinds of way. They chose the perfect lame mecha for Aquaman :)

Edited by Mr March

LOL :) Wow, some one really did the Frankenstein with my pictures. Some of them look kinda cool, in a garish, super robot kinds of way. They chose the perfect lame mecha for Aquaman :)

"All I ever get is fish jokes."

The only one which doesn't make me sick is Batman.

Of course the art work is Kawamori. No ownership of the actual art work itself was implied in any way by my post, only acknowledgement that I was the colorist of all those pictures. You do realize that all the color pictures on the M3 were originally black and white before I colored them in Photoshop, yes? This fella made his "Justice League Macross" using the colored line art from my website. That's all that was said. I enjoyed this fan made picture very much.

Of course the art work is Kawamori. No ownership of the actual art work itself was implied in any way by my post, only acknowledgement that I was the colorist of all those pictures. You do realize that all the color pictures on the M3 were originally black and white before I colored them in Photoshop, yes? This fella made his "Justice League Macross" using the colored line art from my website. That's all that was said. I enjoyed this fan made picture very much.

I'd be willing to wager Kawamori himself would love it too...

THAT is brilliant and funny as hell!!

Nice work

Thanks, but I merely posted what a friend of mine sent me.

I keep trying to sway him over to the dark side (mecha) but he is only mildly interested... he prefers Kryptonians.

<<Although- I must admit that now I want to do the Avengers.>>

Edited by daeudi

daeudi

Hey, can you ask the fella if it's alright if I can include his "Justice League Macross" picture in the For Fans Only section of my website?

Wolfman

Ahhh, you're killing me :) I'll see if I can get to it, but no promises.

daeudi

Hey, can you ask the fella if it's alright if I can include his "Justice League Macross" picture in the For Fans Only section of my website?

He's embaressed by his Photoshopping, but otherwise, he doesn't care.

daeudi

Wolfman

Ahhh, you're killing me :) I'll see if I can get to it, but no promises.

Fair enough, Mr. March. I'm also waiting for the GERWALK mode of the Darkbird VF-1J. By the way, I used some of your Macross-class SDF lineart on another forum to represent a Terran superdreadnought.

I've gotten a few more VF-4s done since I last posted.

UNAF Southeast Asia

vf4seaun0.th.png

UNS SVF-111 Sundowners

sundownersje3.th.png

UNS Skull Squadron Kakizaki type

vf4skullkakizakilo3.th.png

And just as an extra, my F-14FJ in JMSDF blue scheme.

f14fjasdfblueyl4.th.png

EDIT: Does anyone have better scans of the VF-0B or VF-0D painting guides then what's on this site? I'm trying to draw those and it's hard to get the details right.

Edited by Talos

I've gotten a few more VF-4s done since I last posted.

UNAF Southeast Asia

vf4seaun0.th.png

UNS SVF-111 Sundowners

sundownersje3.th.png

UNS Skull Squadron Kakizaki type

vf4skullkakizakilo3.th.png

And just as an extra, my F-14FJ in JMSDF blue scheme.

f14fjasdfblueyl4.th.png

EDIT: Does anyone have better scans of the VF-0B or VF-0D painting guides then what's on this site? I'm trying to draw those and it's hard to get the details right.

The Kakizaki-type Lightning's number is inaccurate. The VF-11 image I'm attaching to this post has his actual number.

post-6469-1214234744_thumb.jpg