Custom 1/60 V.2 Side Covers.... Oh Yeah!

DyNo

Updated 6/17.... Scroll Down :lol:

I just finish my first test set of custom 1/60 side covers.

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

I will say the covers don't sit as good and take a little work to get them in right unlike the 1/48's covers that just seem to pop right in.

Overall..... they turned out pretty good I think.

Time now to start working on recasting them :D

Edited by DyNo

As a suggestion, maybe you can work in a support for the shoulder? A number of us have cracked shoulders, so having that little bit more support would be reassuring at least.

Yes I know all to well about cracks. The shoulders on my Roy are both cracked :angry:

I did try to come up with a way to support the shoulders some but in the end it just didn't work out.

This should have been included from the get-go!

Exactly.

Never understood why they never did this on the original 1/60 and 1/48 anyway. All the Anime footage shows they have them.

Oh well Yamato's loss is DyNo's gain. Cast away old chap.

As a suggestion, maybe you can work in a support for the shoulder? A number of us have cracked shoulders, so having that little bit more support would be reassuring at least.

Yeah, I thinking the same, a base with a clip that hold the shoulder, something equal to that is used to hold the legs in fighter mode.

Edited by SVF-Gerwalk

Yes I know all to well about cracks. The shoulders on my Roy are both cracked :angry:

I did try to come up with a way to support the shoulders some but in the end it just didn't work out.

I didnt get a Roy yet, did yours get cracked out of the box? or cracked while fiddling with the shoulders?

Edited by Gunpod71

This should have been included from the get-go!

I can only agree 100%.

Yamato goes to the trouble of creating removable intake covers, but they can't give us side covers!? It just does not compute with me.

But hey, at least we got that completely useless removable fuselage gimmick that everybody likes to show off in their photos...

@DyNo

Great stuff. When, where and how much?

And prior to the V.2 1/60 release there were a whole lot of us here asking, begging, that they include the side covers, many a plea to old Yamato. I think that Graham may have even mentioned it to them. But of course nothing.

Yeah, Rock it DyNo!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dyno,

any chance you can make something similar to that piece that goes behind the neck on the 1/48's for the new 1/60's or does no one else really have a problem with the back of the neck being exposed? It's one of the turnoffs for me about the Battroid mode on the 1/60, and one of the positives for me for the 1/48 Battroid. If Yamato came out with side covers and that neckpiece, I would probably replace all my 1/48's with their 1/60 equivalents.

• 1 month later...