SU35 Super Flanker

destroid

Hello to all,

Got a bit of work done on this project over the easter break...

I'm starting to get close now.... gloss coat, decals, washes & streaking / leaks and a flat coat and I'm done,

Then I can mount it on my custom made stand... thanks Benny!!

Woops, this should have gone under the workbench topic!! sorry!

Cheers,

post-11542-1239663167_thumb.gif

post-11542-1239663187_thumb.gif

post-11542-1239663206_thumb.gif

post-11542-1239663354_thumb.gif

Edited by destroid

Looking good. The COFFIN cockpit is really well done.

... /sigh, I wish they had made a proper release of Ace Combat 3 for the non-JP editions of the game. Factoring in the story, it was easily on par with the later AC games.

they really should do an AC3 remake. use the same planes and storyline from the JP release but with graphics and features from the last couple AC games.

I was totally blown away when I found that movie on the web almost 10 years ago and pulled all strings available at that time to get my hands on the japanese AC3 game. Played it on Virtual Gamestation.

I think I first noticed the game when Hasegawa advertised their Delphinus resin kits in Hobby Japan.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGGC7

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGGC8

Love Rena:

rena.jpg

Hello to all,

Got a bit of work done on this project over the easter break...

I'm starting to get close now.... gloss coat, decals, washes & streaking / leaks and a flat coat and I'm done,

Then I can mount it on my custom made stand... thanks Benny!!

Woops, this should have gone under the workbench topic!! sorry!

Cheers,

WELL ITS FINISHED - HURRAH!!!

CHEERS,

post-11542-1240450900_thumb.jpg

post-11542-1240450924_thumb.jpg

Excellent work. And it really makes me want to pick up my own flawed attempt again.

ac3flanker.jpg

Engage!

Hey - looking nice!!

You have gone to the trouble of narrowing the nose as well... very cool stuff. Please promise me that you will finish it!!

Love to see that one painted up. What scale is it looks 1:72 to me.

Cheers

Looks great. I like it very much. It also reminds me of my unfinished Super Flanker or any other unfinished Ace Combat model kit. Guess what, I used a Zhengdefu/KiTech kit as well.

My attempt

Thanks for sharing your work

Looks great. I like it very much. It also reminds me of my unfinished Super Flanker or any other unfinished Ace Combat model kit. Guess what, I used a Zhengdefu/KiTech kit as well.

My attempt

Thanks for sharing your work

Hey there looks very nice,

I hope that you have finished that by now..... c'mon now get in and finish it!!!

Thanks for sharing that!!

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I'll get back to this one so fast. I still have quite a long back log to clear...and a lot of them are Macross kits.

And my Ace Combat stuff on my to do list is also quite long and old.

Let's see I have an 1/144 8492nd F-15S+ still lying around.

th_F15SMTD01.jpg th_F15SMTD04.jpg

1/72 X-02A Wyvern

th_X04.jpg th_X05.jpg

Kei Nagase's F-14A in 144 scale

th_KeiNagase00.jpg th_KeiNagase02.jpg

1/144 R-103 Delphinus 3

th_R-103a.jpg th_R-103d.jpg

And a pre build 1/144 Amami Haruka Raptor which will probably be replaced by the 1/72 Revell kit.

Most of these pictures are old. The F-15 is fully scribbled and primered. F-14 and R-103 both have their base coat. And the X-02 has a pair of air intakes now.

Success!!

I'm so stoked that I won best Sci_Fi with this at the NSW Scale Model Exhibition recently!!

Chuffed!

Congratulations! It really is a great build. :)

TSP Did you use the F-18 tailplanes as the Canards ala F-15 S/MTD? Nice! Will you be modifying the exhaust nozzles as well?

Congratulations! It really is a great build. :)

TSP Did you use the F-18 tailplanes as the Canards ala F-15 S/MTD? Nice! Will you be modifying the exhaust nozzles as well?

No mate,

The great thing about the Kitech kit (and theres not many other great things about it) is that it comes with the canards (at lest the top half of them) and the wing tip pods. The exhaust nozzles are kit stock as well... they seemed to match my reference pics so I left them.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Well as destroid already wrote. The exhaust nozzles in regular Electrosphere Fighters are like the ones we have nowadays. And the Super Flanker canards came with the kit. I remodeled the area for a smoother fillet between fuselage and canards. The F-15S/+ canards are made or styrene sheet. For this one I have build a pair of vectoring nozzles.