Valkyria Chronicles : The Gallian Front

wolfx

RULES: Keep game spoilers in spoiler tags. Just assume people who come into this thread have never played the game.

Awesome anime is awesome. Some minor details of how things transpired were changed in the anime from the game in the 1s episode but that is to be expected. Overall very nice production values. The OST is a mix of the game's OST + some new original ones. They maintained the "filter" used for the game to give it that pastel look. Alicia's expressions are priceless in the anime....seriously. :lol:

vcthumbs.jpg

RULES: Keep game spoilers in spoiler tags. Just assume people who come into this thread have never played the game.

Awesome anime is awesome. Some minor details of how things transpired were changed in the anime from the game in the 1s episode but that is to be expected. Overall very nice production values. The OST is a mix of the game's OST + some new original ones. They maintained the "filter" used for the game to give it that pastel look. Alicia's expressions are priceless in the anime....seriously. :lol:

vcthumbs.jpg

Looks nice. Although I'm not sure about the character designs... why couldn't they use the ones from the game?

Any idea when it will be fansubbed?

Looks nice. Although I'm not sure about the character designs... why couldn't they use the ones from the game?

Any idea when it will be fansubbed?

Heheh....its already subbed. The filename is on my screenshots.

And the anime designs are more natural imho. The game designs have oversized gloves/hands and proportions are kind of off. Also you won't want to see everyone with the same body but different head in the anime do you? :lol: (i.e: Aisha actually gets a loli body in the anime :lol:)

Heheh....its already subbed. The filename is on my screenshots.

And the anime designs are more natural imho. The game designs have oversized gloves/hands and proportions are kind of off. Also you won't want to see everyone with the same body but different head in the anime do you? :lol: (i.e: Aisha actually gets a loli body in the anime :lol:)

Does the filename say anything about being subbed? I rest my case.

As for the characters having the same bodies... at least the main characters didn't. I'm talking more about the faces/heads. Don't like the anime ones. Hopefully they will look better in motion...

Thanks for the link, Shiroikaze!

Does the filename say anything about being subbed? I rest my case.

Yes.... the brackets in front of a filename will be the fansubber's name indicating that it is subbed.

Yes.... the brackets in front of a filename will be the fansubber's name indicating that it is subbed.

Once again, it doesn't say anything about being subbed. Your specification is that it has an indicator that it has been subbed, but doesn't actually say it is subbed. Never argue semantics with me, because you will always lose.

Anyhow, watched a little bit with the sound off, definitely don't like the facial designs. Alicia's eyes are too huge and Welkin has that weak chin design that has been prevalent in anime lately that I ind pretty awful.

At least I already know the story is going to be good!

Once again, it doesn't say anything about being subbed. Your specification is that it has an indicator that it has been subbed, but doesn't actually say it is subbed. Never argue semantics with me, because you will always lose.

Dude....i NEVER argued semantics with you. You were the one who brought it down to that level. I was just saying the filename indicates the fansubber which obviously means it has been subbed, making your original question "Any idea when it will be fansubbed?" mean you probably didn't know that it was a fansubber's name.

What kind of redundant file namings do you want on your filenames to adhere to your "it says its being subbed" ?

Perhaps you wanted it to say:

Valkyria Chronicles - episode 01 (h264 5.1 DTS Surround Sound) WideScreen Ripped From HDTV fansubbed by Ayako in English-American.mkv ? :mellow:

Anyway argument on semantics are always silly. Carry on with the anime discussion. ^_^

When something isn't subbed in english (or any other language), the filename will usually have "Raw" in the title, indicating that it has no subs of any kind, such as: [Zero-Raws] Senjou no Valkyria - 01 RAW (MX x264 1280x720).​mp4

So when a sub group puts their name in front of the filename, that pretty much means it has english subs, unless noted otherwise.

Edited by Mellow Yellow

Also, the torrents listed on tokyotosho.com are categorized respectively, "raw" for raws, "anime" for subbed anime, "drama" for drama, "music" for music, etc... though once in a blue, blue moon you have a torrent that's miscategorized. Also, most of the time the description will tell you that it's subbed or not. But most of the time, if it doesn't say 'raw" anywhere in the filename and it has a group name on it, it's most likely subbed.

Hmmm.....I'm showing 2 verisons from Ayako. Different trackers. Are they both legit?

Also, here's a small, but cool artbook:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=54782

Both versions should be legit, V2 from Ayako just fixes some error of sorts (mistranslation, missing subs, less-than-stellar encode, what have you) so get version 2. Also Ayako mainly uses Scarywater's tracker, Nyaatorrent's tracker sometimes gets used too I guess.

If I remember correctly, I think Gamestop has an english version of the artbook as a preorder bonus... not a bad artbook really.

Edited by shiroikaze

Got around to watching eps 1. I have to say I really like it so far. Characters are likable, and the art work is fresh. Is episode 1 anything like the game because if it is I'm going to have to get it.

They changed some details on how things transpired but generally the same as the game.

And yes get the game. You won't regret it. ;)

OK, so I finally got to watch the 1st ep. Good stuff!

I still don't like the character designs, and I feel that the way they are trying to integrate the "hand drawn/sketched" shading is pretty awful. Still, so far I've been able to overlook it.

I like how members of Squad 7 are showing up earlier, and how their potentials (positive or negative) are used well to define the characters.

I'm excited for more!

The game it self was like a anime. So making a anime out of an "anime" was kind of strange but very welcome. I'll be watching this show, maybe only for the tanks though :lol:

The game it self was like a anime. So making a anime out of an "anime" was kind of strange but very welcome. I'll be watching this show, maybe only for the tanks though :lol:

Well now they're animating ALL of it, not just having the same background images and having them talk. So what's all in the DLC? You get to play as the Imperials?

Well now they're animating ALL of it, not just having the same background images and having them talk. So what's all in the DLC? You get to play as the Imperials?

3 DLCs,

1.) Extra Selvaria Episode (which apparently has 2 missions...apparently seen from the perspective of a timid imperial engineer under Selvaria's charge?)

2.) Edy's mission (the Japanese just love their tsundere ojou characters...heck even i put Edy in my squad roster at all times)

3.) Hard EX skirmish missions...where you start with no tanks.

Subs of Episode 2 is out. To pad the mission from the game, they added alot of extra meat into the Bruhl evacuation story and changed it somewhat. (no more Imps killing civies. :( ) Edelweiss kicks some serious Imperial butt. Alicia's very "emotive" in the anime and given a sort of "tsundere" vibe. I'm not surprised that there are alot of Alicia fanart appearing on the net.Next ep, dai nana shoutai, hakshin suru! B))

vc02.jpg

Any idea how many episodes this series will have?

26 apparently.

Episode 3:

I'm quite unhappy on how the battle for Vasel was glossed over from the game. They should have spent episode 3 more on character development and the battle take at least 15 minutes in the next episode. Ep 3 felt contrived. Super tank go around shooting other tanks (like a gundam) and footsoldiers giving the impression the enemy is surrounded and they decide to retreat. Gallians win.

The game's more epic.

They landed secretly on the shore without the enemy noticing and did a blitzkrieg while enemy is still asleep, taking advantage of ragnite containers to blow up and cause confusion. Finally they took control of the building that controls the bridge, and retracted the bridge so all the imperial tanks get thrown into the river and cutting off all reinforcements to the imperials.

More epic than the anime's episode 3 by far. And wtf all the other squad mates in this episode are like cardboard stand-ins. But Alicia gets some classic moments again this ep. :lol:

In game news....i finished the game yesterday...and i liked the epilogue overall. But the final 2 deaths made me feel "err...why did he have to do that?" Th :huh:

Well the preview said it was going to be Squad 7's day off (huh? already?) so i doubt it somewhat. And lol on all the Alicia emotes in the next ep preview.

I'm enjoying this series sofar. Never played the game, though last episode really felt like a mission in an RTS game. Not very original but good fun. Tank designs are very nicely done.

I have Shinsen's raw, the file suffix says AAC MP4, I have Xvid, but it's not playing. Any suggestions, do I need a differrent codec?

Try using CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack = http://www.cccp-project.net/) or heck if you don't want to mess up the codecs you already have installed SMPlayer ( http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/ ) is worth a try though.

Edited by grss1982

thanks, I'll give smplayer a try. I appreciate the help.

No Problem. :D

Thanks for the help with the codec, I was getting Valkyria Chronicals from tokyotos, but for the last two days the site's been loading a blank page, something I should know?

What did you use? SMPlayer or CCCP?

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 7 withSubs is out now. The series is starting to show more character development. Episode sets up for the Darcsen/Valkyria background.

Edited by Bri