Which one has less or no production issues, VF-0A Shin Kudo w/QF-2200D

Omegablue

Update:

Sorry for the error, but somehow the subject line cut short my question.

Anyway, which one has less or no production issues, the Yamato VF-0A Shin Kudo w/QF-2200D or the Yamato VF-19 25th Anniversary black edition.

Planning to purchase one of them, can't decide so I'm flipping it to which one will give me less headaches.

If a mod can update the subject line, please.

Thanx B))

Edited by Omegablue

The YF-19 has no production issues. The first run of the normal color had crooked gun pods - but far as I can tell everything since then, including the 25th anniversary has been flawless.

The Shin with Ghost is a case of hit or miss. I went through a couple of them before finally getting one that DIDN'T have exploding arms, feet that crack and other problems.

Pete

how can one know if it is the reissued vf-0S?

this is stand alone right?

there are bubble-wrap+cardboard padding for the tailfins w/c can be seen through the box's window. there's also a cling-wrap type plastic on the cockpit. there was a VF-0 thread a while back and somebody posted pics of this...

Cool thanx for the input guys. :)

I'm leaning more for the black yf-19, as I'm not a fan of VF-0s cause of it's white plastic. I live in fear from the yellowing curse upon my 1/48 1J.

Edited by Omegablue

Cool thanx for the input guys. :)

I'm leaning more for the black yf-19, as I'm not a fan of VF-0s cause of it's white plastic. I leave in fear from the yellowing curse upon my 1/48 1J.

the VF-0S is actually a li'l off white... and i remember somebody mentioning that the color of the re-issue is a tad darker than the first release 0S...

i hope Yamato will do a re-issue of the Shin VF-0A that'll be just as tight as the dec re-issue 0S... even if its not bundled w/ the ghost as long as it has the white stripes and Shin's markings/codex #s... please Yamato!!!! :D

If we get an improved version of the VF-0A I'll definitely pick one up. I'm still sad we never got a VF-0D.

Personally I would say get the VF-0 but that's just my bias as I like how it looks allot more like a Gen 3-4 fighter. That front cockpit section on the VF looks awesome. They both turn into a floopy mess after a while so buy which one you like more.

Edited by logos

i would go for anything BUT the black yf-19 if i were you...

the color scheme of the black yf-19... ah well *rolls eyes*

although its black,

there's something about it that simply sucks, that i cant explain.

i totally agree with the way jenius described it in his review

"The paint scheme isn’t very exciting but it’s also not too gaudy either. It strives to be a bit sexy and classy but in the end looks a little retro and dull. Really these toys just represent a wasted opportunity by Yamato to really capitalize on the 25th anniversary"

yeah, spot on retro and dull.

you can read his rather recent review here:

http://anymoon.com/blog/2009/02/23/yamato-...rsary-specials/

right now, the best macross stuff to me are the yamato 1/60 vf-1 ver2 and the bandai 1/72 vf-25 model kits,

you just cant go wrong with either of these lines.

Edited by honkhet

Well after researching through the info, links provided (Thanx honkhet) and other related threads, I think I will pulling back from both of them.

Decided to invest in a VF-25S 1/72 and hold out for a 1/60v2 Millia VF-1J to when it comes out.

Thanx for the input guys, saved me money and headaches. Nearly fell into impulsive buying, but thankfully decided to check here first. :lol: