Tenchi Muyo

The original Tenchi Muyo OAV is awesome. My favorite anime after Macross and Mospeada.

The second OAV, the movies, and the Tenchi TV series were good too. Tenchi in Tokyo kinda sucked, and OAV 3 was f*cking horrible.

There's a spin-off that came out recently, Sasami Magical Girls Club or something. Are we talking about that or an even newer show?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the 3 in OAV 3.

Edited by danth

The original Tenchi Muyo OAV is awesome. My favorite anime after Macross and Mospeada.

The second OAV, the movies, and the Tenchi TV series were good too. Tenchi in Tokyo kinda sucked, and OAV was f*cking horrible.

There's a spin-off that came out recently, Sasami Magical Girls Club or something. Are we talking about that or an even newer show?

I herd from zomganime sight which had a link to a sight that had a tailer. Their is a description of the series a brother of Tenchi gets sucked in to a parallel world.

ah.. "classic" harem anime :)

I watched the original OVA, the series, and a few of the movies. Really liked it back then, but never watched any of the follow-up/spin off series. I particularly liked the first movie... it was really touching and sad.

Another series? didn't his mom and sister come back from space in one of the later ones already?

If it was the Ryo-Ohki series, it was his sister that looks like his mom. Plus he bacame a god already didn't he (tenchi)?

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

The second OAV, the movies, and the Tenchi TV series were good too. Tenchi in Tokyo kinda sucked, and OAV was f*cking horrible.

I'm a great Tenchi Muyo fan too. Have u watched the OVA 3 because u didn't mention it. Tenchi Muyo Novels(side stories) were awesome as well.

Yeah we are talking about the newer show, not GXP nor GXP2. However the new show doesn't have any of the original TM characters in it.

Edit: New OVA link http://www.seikishi.com/news/index.html

Can't read a thing, only knows the DVD is on sale 22nd April

Edited by Repiv_Onex

I'm a great Tenchi Muyo fan too. Have u watched the OVA 3 because u didn't mention it. Tenchi Muyo Novels(side stories) were awesome as well.

Yeah we are talking about the newer show, not GXP nor GXP2. However the new show doesn't have any of the original TM characters in it.

Edit: New OVA link http://www.seikishi.com/news/index.html

Can't read a thing, only knows the DVD is on sale 22nd April

Whoops, I meant to say that OAV 3 was horrible. I thought both the story and the animation were lacking. I wish I had never seen any of OAV 3. I only watched half an episode of GXP, but I heard it was okay but not great. Plus it only has cameos of the Tenchi Muyo characters, so I didn't really care about it. I'd like to check out the Novels, but are they available in English?

Thanks for the link, but I can't seem to find the actual trailer on that page.

As for new Tenchi series, I think it's getting kinda retarded. What's the point? If it's not about the original characters, why not just call it something else and stop pretending it has anything to do with the original series? Are the few hardcore Tenchi fans who will care really going to make the difference?

I dunno. The original Tenchi OAV was perfect and magical. Nothing else compares.

The site you linked to makes the new series look like Tenchi Muyo meets El Hazard. Man, these guys can't do anything original any more. Okay, I guess you can say that neither Tenchi nor El Hazard were original, but retreading your own unoriginal works is just sad.

EDIT: Found the trailers, which were really just slide shows. I'd like to see some actual animation.

Edited by danth

I'd like to check out the Novels, but are they available in English?

Since I'm free, I have uploaded the Official Tenchi Muyo Novels (consist of 3 stories on Jurai, Washu and Yosho in html format) and the Official "Tenchi 101 Facts"

Here's the link to download "REMOVED"

It have been ages since I have watched the original Epic OVA, did the ova mentioned anything saying Washu is Mihoshi great great grandmother?

Random interesting qoute from Tenchi 101 Facts:

Secret of Ko-oh-yoku (Wings of the Light Hawk / Light Hawk Wings).

Answer:

It is a manifestation of God's aura.

More details ...

Ko-oh-yoku is a manifestation of God's aura and not a weapon. Although apart from Tsunami, one Tree can produce only three Ko-oh-yoku, they are enough to protect the entire ship. Ko-oh-yoku does not shut the incoming energy out but converts it to harmless one (one power exists that could pierce them but it requires huge amount of energy and a very big system).

Incidentally, to increase the number of Ko-oh-yoku by one, twice as much energy is needed. (ie, Tsunami uses 2^10/2^3 = 2^7 = 128 times as much as energy.)

Just wanna share these with other Tenchi Muyo fans who haven't seen them, pardon me if you guys already seen it B))

Edit: Removed potential harmful dl link

Edited by Repiv_Onex

Cool, thanks for the download! I already read the 101 facts some time ago, but never the novels.

I don't think the OAV mentions anything about Mihoshi and Washu, although the dude Washu had a kid with looked like Mihoshi.

So what did you think of OAV3, Tenchi in Tokyo, and GXP?

EDIT: were there pictures with the original novels? I remember the cover art was pretty cool. I guess there wasn't any more art inside?

Edited by danth

The second OAV, the movies, and the Tenchi TV series were good too. Tenchi in Tokyo kinda sucked, and OAV 3 was f*cking horrible.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the 3 in OAV 3.

*twitch*

I saw ONE episode of Magical Girl Club. That was... more than enough.

I have not rewatched Magical Project S enough to cleanse my retinas yet.

*twitch*

I saw ONE episode of Magical Girl Club. That was... more than enough.

I have not rewatched Magical Project S enough to cleanse my retinas yet.

I haven't even bothered to check out Magical Girl Club, but I keep hearing good things about Magical Project S. I have both Magical Project S DVD sets (that I snagged super cheap by the way) but I haven't watched them yet.

Since I'm free, I have uploaded the Official Tenchi Muyo Novels (consist of 3 stories on Jurai, Washu and Yosho in html format) and the Official "Tenchi 101 Facts"

Here's the link to download http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e8d0895...04e75f6e8ebb871

It says the link is broken. :(

I haven't even bothered to check out Magical Girl Club, but I keep hearing good things about Magical Project S. I have both Magical Project S DVD sets (that I snagged super cheap by the way) but I haven't watched them yet.

Watch them now!

Actually, flip the reversible inserts around in the boxes, THEN watch them.

And then walk down the street singing the Pixy Misa song and getting funny looks.

It must be noted that Sasami's dad is the single most awesome character ever. Even if we're still not sure what exactly he does.

Watch them now!

Actually, flip the reversible inserts around in the boxes, THEN watch them.

And then walk down the street singing the Pixy Misa song and getting funny looks.

It must be noted that Sasami's dad is the single most awesome character ever. Even if we're still not sure what exactly he does.

Sounds like a plan!

By the way, I got a ridiculously nasty virus after downloading from that mediafire website. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what, but be careful.

Sounds like a plan!

By the way, I got a ridiculously nasty virus after downloading from that mediafire website. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what, but be careful.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know nothing much about computers, the files have been with me for years, it should be free of virus, maybe it's the website.

Hope that no one else download from that link, I will remove it now.

Again, sorry danth, if it were anything to do with the files or website. :(

• 1 month later...

I don't know whether we should call it a new Tenchi Muyo series since none of the characters are in it. The new series Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is out since 1 week+ ago. If I'm not wrong, the main character is Tenchi's brother.

Anyone has Ep1 dl link? Can't find it anywhere, only found Ep2.

If I'm not wrong, the main character is Tenchi's brother.

How f*cking lame. Seriously. I'd have more respect if they set the show in the same universe, but didn't call it Tenchi in an insulting attempt to trick us into caring. Actually, I'd be way more interested in it if they did that. And I need a main character who doesn't look exactly like Tenchi.