Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

Finally able to join in with some decent shots.

This one I stumbled across on the net. I believe it may be from the Macross Chronicals.

2009-04-16-005.jpg

2009-04-16-004.jpg

This my friend is a work of art! Makes me want to get a second VF-1D to display in multiple modes. No way I can do that now with the Elintseeker coming down the pipe.

Your pic taking skills are taking off man. You'll have to share some tips or maybe write a book: Photography for Dummies...if it hasn't already been written. B))

This my friend is a work of art! Makes me want to get a second VF-1D to display in multiple modes. No way I can do that now with the Elintseeker coming down the pipe.

Your pic taking skills are taking off man. You'll have to share some tips or maybe write a book: Photography for Dummies...if it hasn't already been written. B))

Thanks brother! I will work on that book. I may be too dumb to write it though :p I am seriously considering getting multiples of all the V.2 1/60s. I just need to hit the lottery (or a bank) first.

man, its getting embarassing to post my pics here anymore

i really need an SLR!

should i sacrifice my 3 next macross purchases just to buy one?

damn

some sucky non-SLR pics for the day:

first and foremost, a person need skills and camera comes only second.

edited: sorry honkhet if i offended you in anyway

the third pic is great, nice composition.

Edited by Vegas

Ouch, I have skills as proved with my great grades in my photo class and I've been a military videographer for years, and an okay camera but I know I could really pull the photos I want to pull with a DSLR too.

Ouch, I have skills as proved with my great grades in my photo class and I've been a military videographer for years, and an okay camera but I know I could really pull the photos I want to pull with a DSLR too.

Well put up what you have or start offering some constructive criticism. We're a pretty closed bubble here so if you have some proper learning, please share!

And I agree with Vegas, skill and vision count for more than a fancy camera.

edited: sorry honkhet if i offended you in anyway

the third pic is great, nice composition.

hey no problem mate :)

the thing about the model kit vf-25 is that its rather small..

look at the size comparison with the 1/60 vf-1j,

and ppl complain about the size of the 1/60 vs the 1/48 :p

most of the time i find if i fit in the whole 1/72 vf-25 body in the pic,

my cam cant pick up the small details (panel lines esp.) of it anymore,

and the pic turns out a bit blur.

i'll try to play around with the settings and steady my hands (dont have a tripod) abit more :D

Well put up what you have or start offering some constructive criticism. We're a pretty closed bubble here so if you have some proper learning, please share!

You sir have impugned my honor and my skillzzzzzzz, lol. I shall accept thy challenge by offering these shots using my current camera in low light, since my office is lit very low. Enjoy and criticize!

th_P1030556.jpg

th_P1030557.jpg

th_P1030560.jpg

th_P1030561.jpg

th_P1030563.jpg

th_P1030565.jpg

th_P1030567.jpg

th_P1030570.jpg

Edited by kanedaestes

my cam cant pick up the small details (panel lines esp.) of it anymore,

and the pic turns out a bit blur.

i'll try to play around with the settings and steady my hands (dont have a tripod) abit more :D

try concentrating on the composition and and the lighting for now. about the blur, you might wanna invest on a cheap tripod and check the depth of field of your camera if its too shallow youll get more of the blur effect just like on eugimon's pics. so adjust the aperture if you can. the lower the f stop is , the more blur youll get.

yeah, just like in some sports w/c require equipment of some sort, if you really suck at it, no amount of high tech or fancy equipment will help (suck at golf - sold callaway clubs; pretty decent at badminton even w/ cheap bootleg equipment)... however, even if someone has some basic skills to begin with, crappy equipment will definitely hinder the development of said skills... i'd bet that even phenoms like Tiger Woods/Lance Armsrtong etc wouldn't have won as many tournaments/races if they only had crappy/consumer end equipment... well, MJ still would've won as many NBA titles coz his shoes were just for show and for making boatloads of money... it definitely did not make me jump higher or stay in the air longer when i bought those air jordans... :lol:

well, here's to hoping a new cam will bring out some skills... :rolleyes:

Edited by m0n5t3r

yeah, just like in some sports w/c require equipment of some sort, if you really suck at it, no amount of high tech or fancy equipment will help (suck at golf - sold callaway clubs; pretty decent at badminton even w/ cheap bootleg equipment)... however, even if someone has some basic skills to begin with, crappy equipment will definitely hinder the development of said skills... i'd bet that even phenoms like Tiger Woods/Lance Armsrtong etc wouldn't have won as many tournaments/races if they only had crappy/consumer end equipment... well, MJ still would've won as many NBA titles coz his shoes were just for show and for making boatloads of money... it definitely did not make me jump higher or stay in the air longer when i bought those air jordans... :lol:

sure... but even a decent P&S can take good pictures with proper lighting. A good camera can certainly help to act as a crutch for bad skills... which is why I love my D90. :p

i really need an SLR!

Your pics are just fine mate. We all need work here and there. I know I certainly do.

Time and Parctice = Skillllzzzzzz that kills :lol: It's true though.

Well put brother. And I will say that Vegas has it right.

You sir have impugned my honor and my skillzzzzzzz, lol. I shall accept thy challenge by offering these shots using my current camera in low light, since my office is lit very low. Enjoy and criticize!

I dig your poses mate. Your pics are a bit grainy and IIRC these guys were sayin that you need to mess with the ISO or something like that. I use like and ISO of 80 sometimes 100. I'm still messing around alot with it though.

This is true. But this below is my set up. Nothing special. I guess you would almost call it a point and shoot.

MySetup.jpg

sure... but even a decent P&S can take good pictures with proper lighting. A good camera can certainly help to act as a crutch for bad skills... which is why I love my D90. :p

You must have been posting this when I was posting mine...you're right...you're absolutely right.

This is true. But this below is my set up. Nothing special. I guess you would almost call it a point and shoot.

MySetup.jpg

LOL, poor ole me :lol: ... my setup's much much worse than that, and it's been to the repair shop a couple of times, i'm massively embarrassed to even show it! LOL :lol:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Yeah I know about the grainy pics, my P&S isn't that good when it comes to adjusting the ISO for low light areas hence I want a new camera. I have some skill in the field but I do want a better camera none the less.

try concentrating on the composition and and the lighting for now. about the blur, you might wanna invest on a cheap tripod and check the depth of field of your camera if its too shallow youll get more of the blur effect just like on eugimon's pics. so adjust the aperture if you can. the lower the f stop is , the more blur youll get.

yeah but mine is on purpose... you'll notice some of it is in focus. :p

It's all about depth of field, which I love when people take kick ass depth of field shots. It doesn't all have to be in focus, just the subject of the pic, and everything else can be a little blurry.

Just a few shots...

I know you're gonna be thinking..."there's no difference"...but wait, there is, the difference is the amount of light coming in. There is a .2 second difference. Any pointers or critiques?

2009-04-16-A-001.jpg

2009-04-16-A-002.jpg

first one is better

Thanks! That's what I was thinking as well.

yup, first one. Better feel of the material and original color. The 2nd one the highlights are close to being blown, notice how some of the dorsal details are obscured.

Yes..I agree..there's just a little too much light.

I'll contribute with my "half gerwalk" VF-1D :lol:

You weren't kidding when you said "half". :lol: :lol:

EDIT -

My latest 2 shots...

2009-04-16-B-001.jpg

Can you find Hikaru? :p

2009-04-16-B-002.jpg

Edited by macross1979

Thanks! That's what I was thinking as well.

Yes..I agree..there's just a little too much light.

You weren't kidding when you said "half". :lol: :lol:

EDIT -

My latest 2 shots...

ok youre going way too advance now! :lol: love the pics, by far the best from your series

The day in Photos....

Finally able to join in with some decent shots.

2009-04-16-004.jpg

SWEET!!!

or surpass me......its inevitable lol

following awesome pics are not mine but they are my favorites at flickr and i get inspiration from them:

537098614_5219f69f7f_o.jpg

whoever kevin lok is, the guy rocks.

SUPER SWEET!!!

a little wide angle fun

_DSC4075.jpg

TOTALLY SEXY SWEET!!!

Thanks, here's some more to maybe change your mind:

_DSC4077.jpg

CREATIVE SWEET!!!

pre dslr days

IMG_0074.jpg

AH... I think I am coming down but the universe is still amazing....

and the batt-walk mode lol

IMG_0423.jpg

Oh I have definitely come down off that trip and am wondering why I ended up in this nasty bar. (But still lovin the crazy valks.)

i really need an SLR!

should i sacrifice my 3 next macross purchases just to buy one?

damn

some sucky non-SLR pics for the day:

Picture051-1.jpg

Frontier SWEET!!!

th_P1030556.jpg

More cool angles!!!

Great stuff everyone. I am sorry that I have nothing to contribute today. Other than some old pics. . .

med_gallery_4840_317_472592.jpg