macross toys

arrow

with the global credit crunch & all.

has macross toy prices gone down in asia?

Depending on were you live in the world they might have actually gone up as the Yen is very strong at the minute compared to other currencies. I would say late this year or early next year before serious price drops, at the moment you might just see "sales" on selected stuff that isn't moving out the door fast enough. The global credit crunch is still only starting.

I get the impression that the cost of money is rising fast than the prices of goods and services in monetary terms is falling.

So the answer is:

Price of goods - down.

Price of money to buy goods - up

End result: We're all gonna die.

Pete

Judging by what people say on these forums, Yamato charges an arm, leg and firstborn for their cheapest offerings.

Vostok 7

Not really, all depends where you live I guess.

Here in Hong Kong, prices for Yamato toys have generally been holding steady, with no real increase or decrease. Generally prices are close to Japanese retail price, occasionally below, sometimes a bit higher. It all really depends if you are willing to shop around. And of course we Hong Kongers are lucky enough not to have to pay any shipping charges.

For the Bandai DX VF-25 toys though, prices have been getting silly, being in many cases far, far higher than MSRP.

Graham

I guess the only real change wil be when Japan really starts to hurt from its journey throught the recession. Its share of the global market has dropped about 12.5% comparedd to the U.S and U.K 2% or so in the last few months mainly because consumers are not buying those shiney new cars and electronics goods.

Panasonic is considering clossing factories and Honda and Nissan have slowed production of cars in the U.K to a crawl. So it is only a matter of time untill the worlds largest shopping culture starts to sweat.

Edited by big F

Japan is actually engaged in monetary policies at the moment to reduce demand for the Yen... talk about a scary place to be. Their economy is getting slammed by the drop in trade due to Yen conversion rates. Everyone wants to buy their money but no one can afford their goods. Hopefully, for Japan, when the pendulum swings back it does so gradually and it doesn't stay peaked at the far end where it is now for too long.

Not really, all depends where you live I guess.

Here in Hong Kong, prices for Yamato toys have generally been holding steady, with no real increase or decrease. Generally prices are close to Japanese retail price, occasionally below, sometimes a bit higher. It all really depends if you are willing to shop around. And of course we Hong Kongers are lucky enough not to have to pay any shipping charges.

For the Bandai DX VF-25 toys though, prices have been getting silly, being in many cases far, far higher than MSRP.

Graham

The VF-25 prices are still crazy. I checked some Japanese sites, they are offerring a 25% discount on them (under 10000 yen). (25F is now prety sold out, but I saw 25S last time I checked). Hong Kong is generally selling at an inflated price of 50%+.

I am still waiting it to drop to US$100 and I'll consider buying the DX.

with the global credit crunch & all.

has macross toy prices gone down in asia?

Dude why bother buying Macross stuff from the online stores? Just check in the "For sale" section here. I'm sure you'll find some nice stuff at a reasonable price. People are going to be selling their stuff just to pay rent in a minute. :blink:

Edited by SilentCrossHairs

Dude why bother buying Macross stuff from the online stores? Just check in the "For sale" section here. I'm sure you'll find some nice stuff at a reasonable price. People are going to be selling their stuff just to pay rent in a minute. :blink:

screw that

considering the poor quality of food these days I d rather hang on to the collection and if need be eat my toys. Im sure there would be more nutrition in a SOC Gunbuster

Japan is actually engaged in monetary policies at the moment to reduce demand for the Yen... talk about a scary place to be. Their economy is getting slammed by the drop in trade due to Yen conversion rates. Everyone wants to buy their money but no one can afford their goods. Hopefully, for Japan, when the pendulum swings back it does so gradually and it doesn't stay peaked at the far end where it is now for too long.

What he said. Spot on.

Dude why bother buying Macross stuff from the online stores? Just check in the "For sale" section here. I'm sure you'll find some nice stuff at a reasonable price. People are going to be selling their stuff just to pay rent in a minute. blink.gif

screw that

considering the poor quality of food these days I d rather hang on to the collection and if need be eat my toys. Im sure there would be more nutrition in a SOC Gunbuster

I agree with the "screw that" sentiment.

Not because I think you can eat your figures, but because I think if you sell your stuff in panic just to pay the rent it will be pointless.

If you can't afford your rent then making payments by selling off your non-liquid assets at a time when liquid assets are getting more and more worthless is kind of like fighting a painful broken bone by injecting more and more morphine into your body instead of going to a doctor.

In my view, money is worthless at this point. Fluctutions in exchange rates are swinging wildly, as are prices - particularly for goods like oil. Notice that now oil is below 35 USD and countries which export are screaming "we're bankrupt!" when only a few months ago, oil was at 175 USD and these same countries were projecting budget surpluses and huge profits fo the foreseeable future.

So - under such conditions: any projections based on numerical data are WORTHLESS because the data is not stable, it is and will change RADICALLY in the foreseeable future and it's impossible to know whether a business is doing well or poorly.

Non-liquid assets are falling in value in terms of their exchange value - true - but if you have your own house you at least are not homeless. Sure, it's worthless, but it's better than money anyways, because you can't live in money.

If you have a big toy collection that you managed to accumulate before the economy went to hell, then at least you have something that will give you joy even if you can't add as many toys to it as you once could.

Sell it off for money to cover bills and all that will happen is that you will forestall the inevitable when you have nothing left to sell and the bills keep coming.

I guess in a sense this scenario is inevitable if your are literally unemployed and facing eviction - although even then you should be looking for cheaper housing instead of pawning your toys for worthless cash IMO, or looking for any kind of job or friends to move in with. Like if people car pool to save on gas - then they can "house pool" - move in with friends - get five or six guys together and rent an apartment. It'll be tight, but it'll be cheap too.

Anything is better than selling of that collection because you WILL BE SORRY. You will never accumulate such a fine collection again and you will never get back what you put into it.

That's my opinion at least.

Pete

screw that

People need to stop eating processed food. That stuff will kill yah. You saw what American peanut butter can do. Anyway, I have a valk already boxed up for shipping. I just don't have the heart to sell it.................. yet.

And Pete.......Good point. But if you have to pack into a house like clowns in a yugo. I'm sure that collection is already gone.

Edited by SilentCrossHairs