Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

I've got it from Yahoo Japan. Costs one of my kidneys. :ph34r:

To typhoon: we've discussed in this thread around Nov... The Armored Klan is around 1/72, we'd say.

But I would say it goes well with a 1/60 VF-25G too.

Edited by ff95gj

To typhoon: we've discussed in this thread around Nov... The Armored Klan is around 1/72, we'd say.

Cool thanks, Time to make a purchase!!

I'm sure many of the members here must be aware already, but I thought to post a heads up anyway:

HLJ has MegaHouse's Armored Klan Klang PVC figure on sale for 4800 Yen (60% off). This is a great opportunity for anyone who wanted one of these gorgeous figures but was kept away by how expensive it was... with that impediment out of the way I've already placed my order; it still won't be cheap but at least it's somewhat affordable now.

Cheers!

Edited by mechaninac

Placed a bid on one. They certainly aren't inexpensive, but it's, in my opinion, one of the best Sheryl sculpts, if not the best.

I'm sure many of the members here must be aware already, but I thought to post a heads up anyway:

HLJ has MegaHouse's Armored Klan Klang PVC figure on sale for 4800 Yen (60% off). This is a great opportunity for anyone who wanted one of these gorgeous figures but was kept away by how expensive it was... with that impediment out of the way I've already placed my order; it still won't be cheap but at least it's somewhat affordable now.

Cheers!

I still need to place an order for this, but as it stands now, I'm on financial hold, till I can sell more of my old items.

That new Sheryl is definitely a looker, even with the ridiculously unnecessary cast off feature. Nice to see another high end that isn't entirely smutty.

Tried to pick up the Hobby Japan when I was in SF the other day, but Kinokuniya didn't have it yet. I'll probably miss it.

That Klan price is tempting, but Fanime's so close...

That new Sheryl is definitely a looker, even with the ridiculously unnecessary cast off feature. Nice to see another high end that isn't entirely smutty.

Tried to pick up the Hobby Japan when I was in SF the other day, but Kinokuniya didn't have it yet. I'll probably miss it.

That Klan price is tempting, but Fanime's so close...

They had a ton of those at the LA Kinokuniya. Picked one up on my lunch break.

I also placed a bid on the Sheryl Geisha figure. 12 hours left, and keeping my fingers crossed.

Geez. They said they just got the April on the 23rd, so they don't expect it until later this month. I'll be there for the Cherry Blossom Festival, but it's unknown if I'll even have the cash for it then. But I sort of figured that anyway. How much did they want for it anyway?

Good luck on the auction.

no luck this weekend trying to find the kuji sheryl kimono in SG. only ranka's on the shelves.

any local SG folks know where i can buy this?

or perhaps someone can please send me a link to search results in yahoo auctions japan?

thanks.

Try this:

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=A%BE%DE+%B2%D6%B3%A1%8E%BC%8E%AA%8E%D8%8E%D9&auccat=0&tab_ex=commerce&ei=euc-jp

The price has risen somehow since I've bidded it... :o

Good luck on the bid, Jasonc! :)

Edited by ff95gj

Wow. It's times like this that I'm glad I'm not much of a Sheryl fan. :o I've already spent a 100 bucks on a Sheryl in the past, never again as I still wonder how.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I am really tempted to buy Armored Klan. I've already got Figma Kos-Mos preordered and wanting to buy Sideshow Cobra Viper and Cobra Sniper, along with Hot Toys Battlesuit Jill Valentine.

Man this sucks. I wish I could win the lottery or something. Anyone got "tricks" to make easy money :lol: ?

Try this:

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=A%BE%DE+%B2%D6%B3%A1%8E%BC%8E%AA%8E%D8%8E%D9&auccat=0&tab_ex=commerce&ei=euc-jp

The price has risen somehow since I've bidded it... :o

Good luck on the bid, Jasonc! :)

Thaks for the luck. Seems like I may need it. These are definitely up there in price, but I think I should be able to snag one. Just sold some toys that went through, so I got the funds to get them. There are all kinds of bidders for these.

Just received my Armored Klan Figure. Two observations:

1. Beautiful sculpt and paint applications like most here have said.

2. Did MegaHouse contract their box design out to Yamato?... There is more empty space on the package design then I've seen on anything short of a VF box. Major fail on the packaging efficiency front.

Edited by mechaninac

I won the Kimono Sheryl. I'm so excited to have won it. I can't wait to get it. I hope to get that Klan statue soon, but it will have to be after I pay off this item. It was a lot of dough.

Try these for real kidney price:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-383902.html

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-461091.html

But if you are looking for other older ichiban-kuji Macross figures Mandarake has many listed at reasonable price. Just search there using Japanese keyword like "一番くじ" or "マクロス".

Thanks for the tip! Some of those are great prices. Though the images can make it hard to tell what one's looking at. Congrats, Jasonc. Hope she didn't break the bank.

I won the Kimono Sheryl. I'm so excited to have won it. I can't wait to get it. I hope to get that Klan statue soon, but it will have to be after I pay off this item. It was a lot of dough.

Congrats!

I keep telling myself that there are only so many Macross shows and only a handful of them I like them enough (I am not interested in Sara Nome for instance) to buy their figures.

Amortize over the years... It sounds affordable to me.

Congrats!

I keep telling myself that there are only so many Macross shows and only a handful of them I like them enough (I am not interested in Sara Nome for instance) to buy their figures.

Amortize over the years... It sounds affordable to me.

Hahaha, exactly. I've got just about every Sheryl figure out there, except the blk bunny/wht bunny versions, but that is only a matter of time. This one seems harder to get, and in my opinion, is the most elaborate of them all. Not only that, the face sculpt seems dead on, and when I get my display room going I will have a display strictly of Sheryl put up.

A whole display? Wow. Sounds like my Asukas. Here I'm I'm amazed that I have two Sheryls, and they're among the most expensive figures in my collection.

For awhile, I was doing that with Ikki Tousen, but that is just so expensive, I gave up. I can only afford a couple hobbies, so I gotta pick my battles. I think next purchase will be the black and white bunny sheryls. It helps that my wife has the same name, LOL

I finally broke down a bought an armored klan ^_^

shipped it SAL though so it'll be forever before it gets here... :(

Congrats dude. From what people have been saying, sounds like you'll enjoy it very much.

You ask and I giveth. The box:

5624089800_6b64055724_z.jpg

Close up on her face, quite exquisite and looks a lot like Sheryl on the big screen:

5623465325_acb8947830_z.jpg

Out of the box, I removed the corset and tail coz they were tricky to put on and worst of all they obstruct her...behind. It looks weird like this because it is and I don't plan to display her like this anyway. Also the "suspenders" were even harder to apply. Didn't like them anyway.

5623465269_87a84efa6a_z.jpg

The aforementioned behind, and her enchanting legs:

5623465411_812bf295e0_z.jpg

And her place in one of my shelves at the moment. You can highly customize which part of the clothes you prefer that she puts on. Personally I like her with everything casted off, but her nipples are very apparent under the top and this is a family friendly board so.

5624053896_9574ae96f7_z.jpg

Overall, a pretty good deal with that sale.

Edited by raptormesh