Pash! Animation File 02: Macross Frontier

sketchley

Basically a repeat of the majority of the info in Macross F Official File 1 & 2, and Macross F 2059: Memories.

I'm not sure if any of the following is new, but it's info and stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else: info available here: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2077.0

Edited by sketchley

Isn't this book suppose to be mostly character stuff, IIRC?

It is focused more on the characters, but it does have a bunch of picts from the series (important character moments?), as well as the occasional piece of line art/still from the anime/coloured line art. I was surprised at the quantity of line art for locations in the book - but alas, the majority of it can be found in the two Movic books, and at much larger sizes at that!

Leon Mishima

Born: 2042.07.27

Blood type: unknown

Sign: unknown

School Education: New UN Government Chief of Staff -> 5th President

Hobby: success in life

Now that's a copy-paste typo if I haven't seen one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added a bit on Saotome Yasaburo.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through translating. Some new stuff, some clarification of stuff, and some stuff if you were paying attention during the series and are aware of previous Macross series, you'd already know about.

• 11 months later...

I've started typing out the translation of the section(s) that I translated way back when. Digging through the book once more, I've gone and gotten excited about translating other sections of the book. I think it has something to do with the impression of it containing text for lineart that has been published elsewhere, hasn't been published elsewhere with text nor combined with other things in context.

Anyhow, linky: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g30476#msg30476

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g37004#msg37004 (this is the stuff that I'm getting interested in. Also contains the translation of the Macross Quarter ARMD-L hangar.)

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g37007#msg37007 (Glossary section, work in progress)

So far, I'm surprised to see that Pash! got a) Island 11 (the "fishing" one), and b) that City Frontier is a multi-layered multi-leveled ship (yes, had to clarify with the wife, as I thought it was a typo!)

I'm not sure if other publications also state that City Frontier is a "multi-layered multi-leveled" ship, but I find it noteworthy, as I was under the impression that the multi-layered multi-level aspect of City Frontier was a new element introduced in the MF movie (the location of Deep Akiba in the movie gives the impression that there are at least two levels (each with dense urban development) below the layer exposed in the dome.

I also find the stratification of society eyebrow raising (I thought the UN/NUN was more egalitarian), and I'm sure a lot of you will appreciate the clarification of what language is spoken in the Frontier Fleet, as well as what currency.

Well, thanks for bumping it. I probably wouldn't have found it easily otherwise, and the reading is quite interesting.

Thanks for the hard work! :D I'm much more interested in social and cultural issues in the Macross world than mecha details...

Very interesting. Worth noting that if Frontier fleet is only at 10% of its population capacity, it says something for how severe their resource losses were over the course of the series if they were no longer able to sustain it.

As for social stratification, it was already clear enough that the wealthy and poor still exist in the future, so some people getting apartments with windows and some not doesn't shock me too much.

Very interesting. Worth noting that if Frontier fleet is only at 10% of its population capacity, it says something for how severe their resource losses were over the course of the series if they were no longer able to sustain it.

As for social stratification, it was already clear enough that the wealthy and poor still exist in the future, so some people getting apartments with windows and some not doesn't shock me too much.

I have never viewed the UN/NUN government as being egalitarian may have a under current of Fascism running through it.

Life on the colony ships may need to be stratified to some extent since they started with a fix amount of room if the homes in the under part of the colony are engineered well should be no worse than the above ground homes.

It took the human race 10,000 years to reach 6 billion people and since the population was decimated being reduced to a few million people may not have the excess population to send 100,000,000 people out at one whack.

The intent maybe for the colony ship to grow and develop in to cohesive group of people before they reach a suitable planet to reduce propblems.

• 2 months later...

Found the time to complete another handful of entries in the books Q&A: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g37007#msg37007

Originally, who were the Zentradi? - there's a bit of a nuance that they can become any size inbetween giant and human sizes.

Why do Kuran's ears that we saw change? - I found the revelations on micronization disease, and especially the Michael type as most interesting. Especially as it implies that most any human can use the micronization/macronization equipment!

So... what is Fold Quartz? - some insight on Ranka. Wait... wasn't that the V-type Infection in her, and not an innate ability?

Is Bururaa's objective Minmei? - interesting, as it says more on Bururaa, and answers the question with more questions :wacko:

What kind of fleet is the 117th Large-Scale Investigation Fleet? - nothing new if you were paying attention during the show.

Why can Sheryl change her clothes instantly? - interesting. M+ Sharon Apple program actually did something beneficial!

Found the time to complete another handful of entries in the books Q&A: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g37007#msg37007

Originally, who were the Zentradi? - there's a bit of a nuance that they can become any size inbetween giant and human sizes.

Why do Kuran's ears that we saw change? - I found the revelations on micronization disease, and especially the Michael type as most interesting. Especially as it implies that most any human can use the micronization/macronization equipment!

So... what is Fold Quartz? - some insight on Ranka. Wait... wasn't that the V-type Infection in her, and not an innate ability?

Is Bururaa's objective Minmei? - interesting, as it says more on Bururaa, and answers the question with more questions :wacko:

What kind of fleet is the 117th Large-Scale Investigation Fleet? - nothing new if you were paying attention during the show.

Why can Sheryl change her clothes instantly? - interesting. M+ Sharon Apple program actually did something beneficial!

The fold quartz thing makes sense: I expect that means that since Ranka has a "safe" V-type infection she creates fold quartz in her body like the Vajra do, and that it's a property of the microbe hive mind rather than the insectoid host.

As for the genetic issues, finally an explanation as to why Michael can't just macronize for a less awkward relationship.

A few more:

What is the V-type infection [infectious disease]? - some interesting stuff. Hopefully other material clarifies some of the mystery. Maybe the second movie???

I want to known everyone's call sign - good for trivia.

What is the Dimension Eater that smashed [broke up] Garia 4 [Gaul 4]? - first up: yup, Gaul is the translation of the name. Second: interesting stuff, with a capital V. Most interesting is the description of L.A.I (Luca Angelloni Institute?) I'm having a bit of trouble translating ルカの実家であるL.A.I技研, but have provided alternative possible translations in square brackets. The main one is the most literal translation, with the alternatives being potential common and literal meanings.

Is it true that everyone is lovey-dovey while space-folding? - drug trips? Getting high? "Fold Love"!

Teach me the rumours of the incidents surrounding implants - interesting. More back story of the Galaxy Fleet, Sheryl and Grace.

Is it true that Sheryl got sick because of Grace's actions? - and more. With some rather unsettling questions asked about Grace.

Edited by sketchley

Not answered in the sections I've translated.

Some more:

What is EX-Gear? - nothing truly new...

What are the codenames "Fairy 9" and "Q1"? - again, if one was paying attention while watching the series...

Isn't the medicine that Sheryl took, terrible? - hmmm. Interesting. Maybe not so much the medicine per se, but the manufacturer, and what it implies about the Galaxy fleet's armed forces. Hmmm

... and finished. These are the last two of the Q&A section, and the last translation of this book I'll be doing for the foreseeable future. There's too much content in Macross Chronicle and Great Mechanics.DX. Let alone some articles in Macross Ace...

Anyhow, last content:

I want to know the real faces of only the female characters! - cup sizes, history of the bridge bunnies, and medical advancements!

I want to known the functions of Ranka's beloved lifelike mobile phone! - not quite as much as I was hoping. Ah well, something's better than nothing, right.