Top 10 toys for 2008

Scream Man

Well, here are mine.

01 - NECA - TMNT

02 - HASBRO - Big Millenium Falcon

03 - HASBRO - Jazz (TF Animated)

04 - YAMATO - VF-1S 1/60 scale (Roy Focker type + Stike Packs, Macross DYRL?)

05 - BANDAI - Gundam Exia (1/100 scale, Gundam 00)

06 - BANDAI - Ptolymius (1/400 Scale, Gundam 00)

07 - MATTEL - Green Lantern (DCUC)

08 - MATTEL - Nightwing (DCUC)

09 - HASBRO - Megatron (Leader Class, Transformers Animated)

10 - YAMATO - YF-21 (Macross Plus)

My list would go: -

1. Yamato 1/60 YF-21.
  2. Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valkyrie.
  3. Yamato 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk.
  4. Takara 1/18 Scopedog Turbo Custom.

Haven't bought any other toys for myself this year, although I've bought a ton of Star Wars toys for my son.

Graham

Here's my list:

1. Yamato 1/60 VF-1 version two (all types S,A,J, etc) - the toy itself is the biggest achievement of the year IMO

2. Bandai Soul of Chogokin God Mars - that was released this year -wasn't it?... In any event - I think it's superb. Anime accurate, and the leg poseability makes it seem like the legs are "fluid" even though they are solid metal.

3. Yamato 1/60 YF-21 - hard not to include this thing. The execution is fantastic. The stand is there. The cockpit transformation is amazing - including the nose-shortening trick. The hands are impressive. The transformation is fluid and graceful. The wheels...everything - this is one of the best achievements in a long long time.

4. Kaiyod- Revoltech...Regult. Yep- that's right. Of course, it's hard to love the Regult just for being a Revoltech, because it has standard Revoltech sculpting and joints - nothing "big" there. And the Regult itself is a fairly run of the mill low tier mecha. BUT - I nominate it because it is not only the FIRST Regult toy in decades, but it is the BEST Regult toy in the history of the universe thus far. Unsurpassable - this is the piece Macross fans were waiting for.

5. Transformers Animated Bulkhead - why? Because 10 years from now he will STILL stand out - love or hate the new aesthetic of animated; Bulkhead is its' premiere representative. He is clearly distinct from every Transformer that preceeded him (although you could say that Cybertron Crumplezone was a bit of a Bulkhead pre-cursor) - and he's kind of a vanguard for the artistic direction of animated. A very bold Transformer - love him or hate him. And a pretty nifty one at that. He's cute (I think); the lower leg transformation is nifty and he's got lots of character to him.

I have a ton more candidates but I need to first check if they actually came out this year :)

Pete

1. Yamato macross plus 1/60 YF-21

2. Neca TMNT

3. G.I. Joe 25th B.A.T

4. Revletech ARX-8 levatein

5. DC Direct Afro-Samurai

6. Sota Toys Street Fighter Zangeif

7. DC Universe Classics Deathstroke

8. DC Universe Classics Grundy

9. The Dark Knight movie maniac Joker

10. Figma Ikki tousen

Well seeing how the 1S Hikaru is going to be my first v.2 1/60, but it's gonna come next year.. so -

1. Yamato 1/60 YF-21 - she's perfect. Good job Yamato!

2. NECO TMNT 4 set (plus i got the Raphael single release just for the ninja climbing spikes)

3. CM Legioss and Tread, i'm so happy i forked out the big bucks for this baby, they are brilliant toys!!!

that's it for now, i'll figure out the others after. :D

If i had the 1/60 Roy VF-0S v.2, it'd be third, and the Hikky 1S will be right behind the YF-21.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie