Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - >>Season 2 + Movie<<

Looks like people who are exposed to the fake GN particles turn into Innovator-types? Louise Halevy and Setsuna both have innovator eyes now... Maybe Ribbons was lying when he told Wang Liu Mei that humans could not become innovators.

Marina Ismail: I will audition for the part of idol singer in his upcoming Macross Frontier movie.

Classic!

Watching the OP, i notice there is a scene where 00 shoots at Halevy's new MA resulting in a huge explosion fading out with Saji in newtype mode reaching out in anguish... foreshadowing the death of Halevy?

Edit: About Setsuna undergoing innovation--- wouldn't it be nice if he ends up siding with Ribbons and the series ends with Ribbons achieving world domination? There have been so many Gundam series, I think its time for the bad guys to win, setting the stage for Gundam 00 Destiny :p

Edited by edwin3060

Marina singing...please stop it...I don't want her song to send the war.....let her be Setsuna

bitch

Setsuna has a girl already. Gundam.

Also, I haven't been happy about that singing-bit from the start. I know MF had a nice impact on singing and anime, but singing, in Gundam, doesn't save the galaxy.

Looks like people who are exposed to the fake GN particles turn into Innovator-types? Louise Halevy and Setsuna both have innovator eyes now... Maybe Ribbons was lying when he told Wang Liu Mei that humans could not become innovators.

Classic!

Watching the OP, i notice there is a scene where 00 shoots at Halevy's new MA resulting in a huge explosion fading out with Saji in newtype mode reaching out in anguish... foreshadowing the death of Halevy?

Edit: About Setsuna undergoing innovation--- wouldn't it be nice if he ends up siding with Ribbons and the series ends with Ribbons achieving world domination? There have been so many Gundam series, I think its time for the bad guys to win, setting the stage for Gundam 00 Destiny :p

Not the fake GN Tau drives....but the true GN drives....and i think the GN drives were probably originally designed to "innovate" humans. It just happened that it conveniently has its military applications. :lol: The GN Tau drives have the opposite effect which was to degrade tissue at the mollecular level.

And I really doubt Setsuna will ever join Amuro Ribbonz. Ribbonz is everything Setsuna stands against at the moment.

Not the fake GN Tau drives....but the true GN drives....and i think the GN drives were probably originally designed to "innovate" humans. It just happened that it conveniently has its military applications. :lol: The GN Tau drives have the opposite effect which was to degrade tissue at the mollecular level.

And I really doubt Setsuna will ever join Amuro Ribbonz. Ribbonz is everything Setsuna stands against at the moment.

But Louise Halevy was only hit with the fake GN particles, and Setsuna was hit with that fake GN doped bullet from Ribbons? Louise Halevy has had no exposure to true GN particles at all. Unless Ribbons has yet another source of real GN particles, which would then explain Halevy, but all the GN drives are accounted for and with Celestial being.

But Louise Halevy was only hit with the fake GN particles, and Setsuna was hit with that fake GN doped bullet from Ribbons? Louise Halevy has had no exposure to true GN particles at all. Unless Ribbons has yet another source of real GN particles, which would then explain Halevy, but all the GN drives are accounted for and with Celestial being.

You misunderstood.

Louise was hit with red GN particles....thus her hand and presumably parts of her body was affected. She's been given mechanical prosthesis to replace her missing hand. As for how she became an Innovator, she underwent some kinda gene manipulation (hence artificial innovation) sanctioned by Ribbonz himself. It has nothing to do with the red GN particles. Just think of the artificial newtypes from UC and the artificial biocomputers from CE.

As for Setsuna, he was hit with the doped bullet and would've died from it (that was Ribbon's intention)....if not for something else stopping the mollecular degeneration, which is the GN particles from 00. He did not need gene manipulation to become an innovator. He just....became one.....a "natural evolution" if you will.

I think "mutation" is a better way to describe Setsuna's condition than "evolution." Evolution implies that said mutation is also reflected in his germ lining so that it can be passed on to the next generation which might or might not be the case... but since Setsuna only has the hots for his Gundam I don't see this happening XD

You misunderstood.

Louise was hit with red GN particles....thus her hand and presumably parts of her body was affected. She's been given mechanical prosthesis to replace her missing hand. As for how she became an Innovator, she underwent some kinda gene manipulation (hence artificial innovation) sanctioned by Ribbonz himself. It has nothing to do with the red GN particles. Just think of the artificial newtypes from UC and the artificial biocomputers from CE.

As for Setsuna, he was hit with the doped bullet and would've died from it (that was Ribbon's intention)....if not for something else stopping the mollecular degeneration, which is the GN particles from 00. He did not need gene manipulation to become an innovator. He just....became one.....a "natural evolution" if you will.

Ok... so Louise was was hit with red (fake?) GN particles, and Ribbons manipulated her genes to make her an innovator, while Setsuna was also hit with fake (red?) GN particles and the true GN particles somehow caused the exact same mutations to occur to make him an innovator as well? That still doesn't explain how Ribbons was able to manipulate Louise's genes. It also doesn't explain how Tieria's doppleganger knew that Setsuna was undergoing innovation and the whole awakening process.

Isn't it more likely that Ribbons deliberately got Setsuna shot with the fake GN particles, and that the fake GN particles are all that is necessary for the mutation? It would explain why, for example, Setsuna was shot in the arm rather than the head, and also why when the Innovators infiltrated the Ptolemaios they stole the 00 raiser rather than 00 itself.

Ok... so Louise was was hit with red (fake?) GN particles, and Ribbons manipulated her genes to make her an innovator, while Setsuna was also hit with fake (red?) GN particles and the true GN particles somehow caused the exact same mutations to occur to make him an innovator as well? That still doesn't explain how Ribbons was able to manipulate Louise's genes. It also doesn't explain how Tieria's doppleganger knew that Setsuna was undergoing innovation and the whole awakening process.

Ribbons making Louise an Innovator was done during the 4-year break between S1 and S2. Regene, seen in the season 1 finale, was probably taking Louise to see Ribbons. wolfx is right on what he said. Regene has been watching things himself. If Revive and Hiling suspected that Setsuna has become an Innovator, Regene probably has suspected it, too.

Isn't it more likely that Ribbons deliberately got Setsuna shot with the fake GN particles, and that the fake GN particles are all that is necessary for the mutation? It would explain why, for example, Setsuna was shot in the arm rather than the head, and

Ribbons had Ali shoot Setsuna so that he would die a very slow death. GN Tau particles has already shown to have negative effects on cells. Louise is taking pills to counter the effects. Lasse's last check-up showed his condition getting worst. Setsuna's condition would be worst if he didn't have 00 spewing GN particles. Considering Grah...Mr. Bushido has Trans-GrahAM, his body is probably being flooded with GN-Tau particles, which can't be good for his health.

...also why when the Innovators infiltrated the Ptolemaios they stole the 00 raiser rather than 00 itself.

They stole O-Raiser because that's the only one they could get to. Anew couldn't reach 00 so she took a shuttle.

So anyone piloting a suit with the fake drives will eventually die from basically cancer. Lol.

Not really, otherwise all those A-LAWS and Federation soldiers would probably be dead after 4-years of using those MSs.

Not really explained in the animation yet but i get the impression that GN particles are only dangerous to the body if it enters open wounds, pretty much like HIV. Otherwise just being exposed to it in the air or breathing it in might not have adverse effects.

As for Louisse's pills....it might or might not be used for treating the contanimation. But I tend to think its more to keep her instable gene mods in check. In season 1 it was implied that she would live an otherwise normal life other than the hand not being able to be regenerated due to contanimation. The people assumedly being affected by GN Tau particle poisoning is Graham, Lasse and Setsuna(who was cured) and they don't have to eat any pills.

As for Louisse's pills....it might or might not be used for treating the contanimation. But I tend to think its more to keep her instable gene mods in check. In season 1 it was implied that she would live an otherwise normal life other than the hand not being able to be regenerated due to contanimation. The people assumedly being affected by GN Tau particle poisoning is Graham, Lasse and Setsuna(who was cured) and they don't have to eat any pills.

Through observation, that would be the wrong conclusion as well. It would seem that the pills have nothing to do with the mutations going on in Louise at all, but rather to control her anxiety. Have you ever seen someone that had a panic attack? it's not pretty. They have to take benzodiazepines to keep them calm, and I believe that they are along the same line. She always seems to take them after freaking out.

Another thing to have in mind is that the part in S1 where the nurse/doctor says that regeneration treatment won't work on Louise, happened at a time where knowledge of the effects of GN particles were non-existent. She might very well be suffering from extreme GN contamination, it just didn't set in during the last episodes of S1. And doctors might not know to look for signs of GN contamination as knowledge of it was scarce.

I personally agree with the pills being anti-anxiety drugs, as its symptomatic of her on-screen behaviour. More than likely, some other treatment done by Ribbons et al was responsible for halting or slowing the GN contamination, and the pills are for depression, anxiety, (insert some other mental trauma).

Well true that it might be anti-anxiety pills..... but if we followed traditional Gundam lore, the artificial newtypes/coordinators always had mentally related side effects due to the artificialness of their condition which needed medication or frequent maintenance to control.

i just assumed that Louisse was the Four Murasame/Stellar of 00. :D

Edited by wolfx

Of the info I've seen, Louise isn't taking the pills because any Innovator-related treatment. The novel for S2 indicates that the medication contains nanomachines which repair telomeres. How you want to interpret that...that's up to you. Also, Ribbons mentions to Louise in episode 20 that they gave her medication to help deal with the cell abnormalities and that he has a new medication for her to try. And those new pills from this week appear different compared to the breath-mint-like pills that we've seen.

Of the info I've seen, Louise isn't taking the pills because any Innovator-related treatment. The novel for S2 indicates that the medication contains nanomachines which repair telomeres. How you want to interpret that...that's up to you. Also, Ribbons mentions to Louise in episode 20 that they gave her medication to help deal with the cell abnormalities and that he has a new medication for her to try. And those new pills from this week appear different compared to the breath-mint-like pills that we've seen.

If I remember correctly from my Molecular Biology course, Telomeres are basically buffers on DNA strand. To make a long story short :) every time DNA is copied, the process is imperfect, and the copying misses some nucleotide sequences at the end. Although the genetic code has built in redundancy (ie. more than one sequence can code for one amino acid), after a while, DNA will no longer code correctly for the amino acid a sequence is intended to produce.

As a result, most eukaryotes (humans, dogs, plants, macross toy collectors, etc) have a buffer of DNA that can be used up to cope with the fact that some of this genetic data is lost... however, this buffer eventually gets used up, which is why cells can only divide so many times before the whole line in unviable. It is also one of the reasons why eukaryotes age over time.

Now, it's interesting that in 00 there are nanomachines that can repair these, as it essentially means that lifespans can be extended way beyond the current average, and could serve as an explanation as to the supposed longevity that Innovators posses. Side effects seem to be the creation of TRAP tendencies... meh, a fair trade off for longer lives XD

I must have missed what Ribbons was saying about the new drugs then. Ghost Train is right with the Molecular Bio, it will serve to make her virtually ageless.

00 2nd season lacks Prince Ali <_<

So what about the rivalry in the series now, so far I guess these kind of rivalry:

- Graham vs Setsuna

- LockOn vs Revive

- Soma/Marie vs Andrei

- Tieria vs Ali

- Saji vs Louise

- All vs ??

That's the main problem for 00 s2 for me. The side characters' roles seem to be reduced significantly .....or seemingly forgotten. Wang Liu Mei's agenda was pretty lame too.

That's the main problem for 00 s2 for me. The side characters' roles seem to be reduced significantly .....or seemingly forgotten. Wang Liu Mei's agenda was pretty lame too.

Not only that, there's only 4 episodes left and nothing seems to be resolved. The plot might be too convoluted for its own good.

Due to Daylight Savings, I'm not going to stay up an extra hour to watch the live stream for the last few episodes. At least I won't have to deal with the lag anymore. Heck, the lag on March 22nd or 29th is gonna be murder.

1st half

-flash-Graham to when Graham became Bushido.

-00 does the palm grab on Susanoo's sword. Susanoo show's its Flag face as 00 knocks it out of commission.

-Setsuna decides "mercy". Grah..Bushido bitches.

-Louise left the battlefield...how typical of a girl.

-Veda is at Lagrange 2. Nothing there. Then they show the overlays, Area lights up like a Christmas tree. A-LAWS blanket the area

-Linda comes with some new toys for CB.

-Louise is still a crazy bitch.

-Linda brought along 0-Gundam...slapped on a large GN condenser on its back.

-They're gonna rush the A-LAWS defense.

-Marina made it to space. Kati seemed to have joined the Coup forces.

-Ribbons sits there with mass-produced Innovators. Guess that spoiler was true about "Gaga". Freakin Bring/Devine clones....Clone WARS!!!!!!

2nd half

-Feldt presents Setuna with a flower. "Don't Die." "Roger."

-Seravee got some of Virtue's GN Cannons. Yeh, more condensers.

-Arios-Archer got more guns and missiles. Marie is fine in that head of Soma...Awww. That should make Al happy.

-Cherudim got a bigger gun.

-And 00 got a bigger sword.

-And Trans-AM Raiser cuts up 3 ships

-Heavy particle field, can't get any target locks or sensors or see crap.

-And they ran right into it.

-Katharon saves CB's ass with lots a missiles and regular guns.

-Kati engages A-LAWS with the coup forces. Fat-blond guy bursts a blood vessel in his head. Patrick kicks some A-LAWS butt.

-A-LAWS are getting rammed in all directions.

-CB and Katharon break the A-Laws line. Fat-blond guy scared shitless by Trans-AM Raiser and dies.

Epilogue/Next week

-Marina whines...

-Ribbons vs Regene. Ribbons tries to hack Regene. Regene shoots Ribbons. Bang. Headshot. Ribbons goes down?

-Big Fight next week. Ribbons ain't dead. Damn clones.

-0 Gundam does some shooting next week. Surprised that thing still functions.

yeah ribbons probably got rid of his body already. he transferred his mind on to a lot of his clones and maybe even a mobile suit.

the show has never shown all CB mobile suits in transam mode in a close accelerated, and coordinated attack. i don't know how long transam lasts for each MS but, the 00 can lead the way backed by allelujah and the first fire suppression will be lockon and the 2nd barrage will be tieria. sestuna will be the spear head and whatever target he missed allelujah will pick up. lockon can snipe enemies pursuing the first two and virtue will pick up on what lockon missed. dynames can have its shields be on a defense to cover the back on virtue, or have them as extra snipers on offensive mode.

like a party train!

I liked 0 gundam better when it was grey. =.=;;

Interestingly for an epic battle, everyone except Setsuna didn't even activate TRANS-AM for episode 22.

Kati <3

Finally curly haired fatman bites the dust.

Patrick is immortal.

Masurao is a Flag...i knew it.

Feldt has a crush on Setsuna? Hmmmm.

I assume Ribbons has become Veda itself.....CB has to destroy Veda once and for all.

Marina, as useless as ever.