VF-11 in 1/72 scale

mechaninac

I've been wondering about this for awhile. Hasegawa has releaed plenty of Macross VF-1s and will soon produce Macross Zero Fighters ("Eric Cartman's" voice: Sweeeeet!); they've also made Macross Plus and M3 related models...BUT NO VF-11s YET :angry: . What do you all think? Will a definitive 1/72 version of the Thunderbolt ever happen?

I think I remember somebody saying Hasegawa got a licence to make M7 models. They must have something since they made a VF-22. They also obviously have a licence for M+ models. Both shows have VF-11's in them so I think there is a chance. The two licences would give them the opportunity to make two different variants (B and C) which will sucker the completists into buying basically the same kit twice. More than twice if they do the FAST packs in a different set.

I'm really hoping they do it. That and a VF-4 B))

I doubt it, there isn't enough variants to make it worth their while. Buy a resin recast of the club-M one.

There are more possibile variants for the VF-11 than for the YF-19 / VF-19A model that was already made. There is the VF-11B from M+ and the VF-11C from M7. They might also choose to sell kits with FAST pack sets separately like they did with the VF-1's. The packs in M+ and M7 were different and there was a radar pack set similar to the Elint VF-1 packs. The marketing possibillities are there.

Cool I didn't know about the other variants, that would be cool if they would. The only problem there is that particuarl aircraft wasn't ever a star of a show. It seems like they've only been building variants based on a main vehicles of a show.

I hope they do.

I doubt it, there isn't enough variants to make it worth their while.  Buy a resin recast of the club-M one.

The Club-M has never been recast. And originals are rare as hell. I've been looking for one for months, and still nothing

Hobbyfan had one for sale a couple years ago, but it was the Retpuu 1/72 fighter. Like the Club-M, it comes with optional fast packs, but it doesn't come with the solid fuel rockets like the club-m does. Plus, I think the club-m is a much better looking kit all around.

I seems doubtful that Hasegawa will turn its attention to the VF-11 anytime soon, unfortunately... They'll be busy with Macross Zero for a while. :(

No, wait.... That's not a bad thing :)

And yes, I was also surprised that Hasegawa made a YF-19 kit. It seemed very unlike them to make a kit which had so few variants (The VF-19F/S is a very different beast)

I doubt it, there isn't enough variants to make it worth their while.  Buy a resin recast of the club-M one.

The Club-M has never been recast. And originals are rare as hell. I've been looking for one for months, and still nothing

Hobbyfan had one for sale a couple years ago, but it was the Retpuu 1/72 fighter. Like the Club-M, it comes with optional fast packs, but it doesn't come with the solid fuel rockets like the club-m does. Plus, I think the club-m is a much better looking kit all around.

I seems doubtful that Hasegawa will turn its attention to the VF-11 anytime soon, unfortunately... They'll be busy with Macross Zero for a while. :(

No, wait.... That's not a bad thing :)

And yes, I was also surprised that Hasegawa made a YF-19 kit. It seemed very unlike them to make a kit which had so few variants (The VF-19F/S is a very different beast)

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then who got one of the originals, ;)

I think they have it on the planning board but who knows when or if it will be released. They will stay with Macross Zero but they have been bouncing around with the different shows. The new Batt with new decals., the Max and Milla YF-21's, Macross Zero. Who knows what they will release next. They keep suprising us. With all the members here no one knows anybody at the Hase company???

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then who got one of the originals, ;)

I say RECAST!!!

I have a recast of the original VF-11 but I lost the canopy (This is becoming a ridiculous tread on my kits)

With all the members here no one knows anybody at the Hase company???

Maybe Hasegawa employees keep secrets better than the employees at Yamato ;) Although, the 1/60 GBP was quite a suprise...

Edited by Mule

yep....there are many variants of VF-11 that are yet unseen. VF-11D trainer and the short head lasered VF-11A. I don't count the VF-11MAXL kai though as it is based on the unseen VF-16. We have also not seen any wing mounted ordnance carried but the leg mounted launchers seem to small to accomodate too many weapons.

The VF-11MAXL and MAXL Kai only have the ENGINES of the VF-16, they're not based on it. VF-11 modified to VF-11MAXL is exactly the same situation (on purpose) as the F-16 modified to F-16XL. (unless you think it's pure coincidence that aviation enthusiast Kawamori used "VF-16" and "XL" to explain the new VF-11, and it just happens to look like an F-16XL)

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_...vf11/index.html

I think I'll hold on to it.

Grayson... what if we give you some cash to hold on to as collateral? Perhaps even give you some $$ for the trouble too (from the proceeds of the sale). Just an idea. I know Valkyrie pretty well, so I'd provide the collateral if necessary. He did a great job with his VF-4, IMHO.

I think there will be a Vf-11, but not before a YF-21 and 19 battroid come out. Why did they build the 19? Because you have to look at what is going to sell in Japan. Altough there are limited number of variants for the 19 (and they already put out the only one, the VF-19A) the YF-19 and 21 are vastly popular, and will sell more than every other kit with the exception of the VF-1, and the VF-1 Strike. Why? because they are iconclastic Macross mecha. For people who buy only three Hasegawa models (which would make up like 80~90% of the market), i'd bet they would buy the YF-19 and two VF-1s. In all the strories the VF-11 play a minor role, so few people are interested.

My guess is that the VF-11 will come out after the VF-19/21 will come out in battroid. they will licence out variants a resin kit to make the 21 battroid a 22. The VF-11 will come, probably with fast packs. Full armor will most definately be a resin kit. They still have quite a long time until the Macross Zero movie line ends, so they can still use that as promo.

edit... now that I think about it, the 22 batroid will probably be done by Hasegawa as well.

Edited by Noyhauser

I have the retpuu but it did come with the leg fast packs and boosters...I would love to have the top/down rockets along the kit ALA club-M YF-19 that includes the fold booster, extra missiles, and the such...

Myeserjesee has them all...(hint)

I have the Club M non-Wonderfest VF11. (with armor, solid fuel boosters...) Its a gorgeous kit. I have been thinking about recasting it, or giving it to Valkyrie to recast. (thanks for letting me mention this Valkyrie....I feel bad for Grayson getting bombarded! :) ) Whats the holdup? Well...its a lot of parts, and I can't decide if I want to do it myself...the project intrigues me...but the work doesnt. So...I have been making Valkyrie be very patient. It was also a dammed expensive model, and one that was suprisingly hard to find (I looked for about a year before one turned up...which is odd...since it should not be that rare...makes me wonder if people are holding them to selll down the road) Anyways....I eventually found it with the help of a lot of internet surfing and Monkey Nugget (thanks Rob!!!! ) It was a fluke I am very happy about as the VF11 is one of my favorites.

So...here is the question...who would want one? I have no idea on the price, but based on the number of pieces ( a ton! )and a 10-15 kit run its probably in the $65=$75 range. If I can get enough confirmed people who want it Ill get off my arse and either do it or make a deal with Valkyrie.

(Hey Grayson, if you want a set of the boosters, FP's, armament and armor Im sure we can do that as well )

vf11instructions4.jpg

I have the Club M non-Wonderfest VF11. (with armor, solid fuel boosters...) Its a gorgeous kit. I have been thinking about recasting it, or giving it to Valkyrie to recast. (thanks for letting me mention this Valkyrie....I feel bad for Grayson getting bombarded! :) ) Whats the holdup? Well...its a lot of parts, and I can't decide if I want to do it myself...the project intrigues me...but the work doesnt. So...I have been making Valkyrie be very patient. It was also a dammed expensive model, and one that was suprisingly hard to find (I looked for about a year before one turned up...which is odd...since it should not be that rare...makes me wonder if people are holding them to selll down the road) Anyways....I eventually found it with the help of a lot of internet surfing and Monkey Nugget (thanks Rob!!!! ) It was a fluke I am very happy about as the VF11 is one of my favorites.

So...here is the question...who would want one? I have no idea on the price, but based on the number of pieces ( a ton! )and a 10-15 kit run its probably in the $65=$75 range. If I can get enough confirmed people who want it Ill get off my arse and either do it or make a deal with Valkyrie.

(Hey Grayson, if you want a set of the boosters, FP's, armament and armor Im sure we can do that as well )

vf11instructions4.jpg

You rock dude, actually I'll just take a whole other one so I'll build two, one with armor one without :D