My First toy/model...

crescens

Exacly what I've done! Never good at painting and air-brushing myself... ^_^ Only need to paint the arrows blue on the head by Max-1A switching.

If you are interested, here are a couple of more of the batch of photos:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-79468-1-1.html

ff95gj I LOVE that all max pic, with his 1J, 1A and 1S, all blue looks wicked.

I'd probably shell out for the 1A Max, atleast then it would be easy to track down another 1S head and swap round...

Edited by ff95gj

Ahhhhh very nice! Thankyou for the link! Great quality shots.

and AhHHHH look at page 2.... now that's a great pose! double jointed amrs, ohh how i want ye.

PICT0040-23a.JPG

I need a v.2 now now now! Love thehands, they are a huge improvement. Where is my Hikaru 1S Yamato???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

im starting to feel i want more @_@ btw my Valk is in Poland already :3 should lay my hands on it tomorrow :D

*nervous*

my friend said he packed it safe x.X hope its stillin one piece ^_^

Edited by crescens

it's here and it's amazing @_@ i give 10/10 to 1/48 VF-1S Hiki Ver. Already stalking my buddy for super and strike parts, which i hope to get before Xmass >_< that was the best way to spent some $$$

pics as soon as i get a new camera... or you guys want to see ones made with cell phone? ( they suck bad tho T_T )

Edited by crescens

thanks guys *_*

its like in "Try Again"... It takes one Yamato 1/48, echoing into tomorrow, to have all your bad moments become nothing :D

<3

i was giving this further thought, and if we can answer outside Macross, then 2 big reactions spring to mind:

Spiderman Classics - I distinctly remember seeing these in shops the first time; I bought all 3 (Leaving Venom) and almost SKIPPING home I was so excited! i had waited for Super articulated superhero toys for YEARS, and in my mind the Spidey Classics set the benchmark.

Saint Seiya - Only....wow, 2 years ago almost? I found this figure in a store, was bored and had some cash. Had awasy loved figures with amrour (Guyver, Iron Man etc etc) and so figured Id give it a shot; I know now it was Pegasus Seiya version 3. Got home, opened up (Holy crap, this armour is metal!) and have been hooked since!

So yeah i still get that excited grin when i see a cool new toy.

You can still be saved, crescens! DO NOT BECOME LIKE US! The collecting will never end if you don't lay some ground rules for yourself to begin with. Here are some rules I wish I'd followed from the start:

1. NO repaints. This means only one toy of every mold - and no, headsculpt changes don't count. So no more VFs! Get a YF-19, a YF-21, an SV-51, a Koenig Monster, a VF-0, a VF-11 and STOP THERE! Do not make the mistake of becoming a "completist" ...

2. NO multiple scales. So if you're going to do 1/48, stay 1/48 all the way! Yes, even the Ver. 2 1/60s have to be ignored (even though they are amazing and I am going to buy all of them).

3. NO figures or other toys that DO NOT TRANSFORM. I began thinking I liked Macross variable fighters. Then I liked all things Macross, including stupid holo-cels of SDF-1, figures of Misa Hayase, super-poseables, Revoltechs and so on and so forth. DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THIS! You are in this only for the coolness of transforming mecha!

4. NO cheap, plasticky looking toys that look interesting in the shop window but actually look very "kiddish" displayed. So: Binaltech Good, Galaxy Force bad! (Oh dear, that just slipped out, so on to rule 5 ...)

5. NO non-Macross toys!

Needless to say, I have broken every single one of these rules! :) My addiction is at the runaway stage now ... but if you discipline yourself from the beginning, I think this urge is something very controllable. It's all about expectations.

And now ... off to eBay I go ...

I broken 1, 2 and 3.

I started from "Hmm, I'll only get Focker 1S and Hikaru 1J, one with SSP and one with the armor."

Then "Hmm, VF-1S Hikaru is the hero vehicle, I should get it too".

"Hmm, Max and Kakizaki 1A are cheap (in fact, cheaper but not cheap). I can team them up with 1S Hikaru for the Skull team thing!"

"I have the Skull team now! Oh wait, when Hikaru is in 1S, Max is already gone. The true Skull team is with 1A Hikaru..."

"The Max and Miria 1J are re-issued!"

Afterwards, I don't need any reasons to justify any purchase, except to "collect them all".

You can still be saved, crescens! DO NOT BECOME LIKE US! The collecting will never end if you don't lay some ground rules for yourself to begin with. Here are some rules I wish I'd followed from the start:

1. NO repaints. This means only one toy of every mold - and no, headsculpt changes don't count. So no more VFs! Get a YF-19, a YF-21, an SV-51, a Koenig Monster, a VF-0, a VF-11 and STOP THERE! Do not make the mistake of becoming a "completist" ...

2. NO multiple scales. So if you're going to do 1/48, stay 1/48 all the way! Yes, even the Ver. 2 1/60s have to be ignored (even though they are amazing and I am going to buy all of them).

3. NO figures or other toys that DO NOT TRANSFORM. I began thinking I liked Macross variable fighters. Then I liked all things Macross, including stupid holo-cels of SDF-1, figures of Misa Hayase, super-poseables, Revoltechs and so on and so forth. DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THIS! You are in this only for the coolness of transforming mecha!

4. NO cheap, plasticky looking toys that look interesting in the shop window but actually look very "kiddish" displayed. So: Binaltech Good, Galaxy Force bad! (Oh dear, that just slipped out, so on to rule 5 ...)

5. NO non-Macross toys!

Needless to say, I have broken every single one of these rules! :) My addiction is at the runaway stage now ... but if you discipline yourself from the beginning, I think this urge is something very controllable. It's all about expectations.

5. NO non-Macross toys!

I have broken all 5 of those many many times.

Those rules are terrible. Seriously :)

Well - ok - the only one that is good is number 4 - no cheap toys that don't look good and are just cheap.

Ignore the other rules and get more VFs - but personally I would recomend that you just get the 1/60 v.2s rather than hunt for Super and Strike parts for the 1/48

Pete

I remember my 1/72s. I waited for them for sooooo long through the Harmony Gold debacle, had my pre-order with Kevin Lam. After finding out the US wasn't getting the Mac+ toys, I hooked up with a guy here on Macrossworld who had a shop in Singapore. He was going to give me a good deal on a couple of the valks. My dad had to go to Singapore on business and he picked them up for me. Ended up getting the whole set and even a free surprise gift (an old tiny MAXL model kit) from him. Unfortunately, I can't remember that guys name... It's right there at the edge of my tongue but I can't remember.

Anyhoo, that was the start of the obsession. I picked up a ton of the 1/60s when they first came out, and even a 1/48 (I collected more 1/60s than 1/48s mostly because of size, price and aesthetics). I've had some pretty rare pieces, I had the limited TRU 1/60 VF-1A Cannon Fodder, as well as the limited 1st ed. 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz.

I'm definitely going to get some of the new 1/60s at some point.

Vostok 7

Well my first toy was a 1/72 YF-21 w/Fast packs--- and I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with it-- misproportioned and bulky. Only now, about 5 years later, have I bought the 1/72 VF-11B and it was what got me into this! The VF-11B is just so elegant and sleek, and now I've got a 1/60 YF-19 and a VF-11B Fast Pack that's coming in. I'll get the 1/60 VF-11B for sure as well!

Well my first toy was a 1/72 YF-21 w/Fast packs--- and I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with it-- misproportioned and bulky. Only now, about 5 years later, have I bought the 1/72 VF-11B and it was what got me into this! The VF-11B is just so elegant and sleek, and now I've got a 1/60 YF-19 and a VF-11B Fast Pack that's coming in. I'll get the 1/60 VF-11B for sure as well!

You should buy the 1/60 YF-21, it's a work of art!!!

My first Yamato figure was the Garland. I had that sucker pre-ordered.

But I hadn't picked up anymore from Yamato...up until a week ago. My wife just shook her head as I gleefully giggled and cut open the box containing my 1/48 VF-1J Max Super Valk. :lol:

Then, I got her to start watching The Macross Saga with me. She was impressed at how involving and mature the story is. Then she saw Miria... B))

I should be receiving the Miria Super Valk tomorrow. :ph34r:

Hhahah good stuff! So the Millia is for her?? Cool that chicks can get into Macross, can't say mine is ever gonna except my fandom.
It's hit or miss for me at this point. She'll either love the figure, love the gesture and just add the figure to my collection, or simply get pissed because I spent another 200 bucks. :lol:

llol. i tried that actually, i got the uber sexy Supergirl fig and gave it to my wife as a prezzie for christmas, she liked it. :p

Another instance is when i got the Nora SV-51, and told her, in macross, this is the RUSSIAN SU. I told her this is what Russia would have made.

My missus is Russian. lol i win both ways. I did however tell her the other fighters i got aren't from the US or made by, but in fact the United

Goverments of the World, so she couldn't lay any dislike for the Zero or others. hahahahahah any one not likin the joke can kiss both our ass.

:lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

llol. i tired that actually, i got the uber sexy Supergirl fig and gave it to my wife as a prezzie for christmas, she liked it. :p

Another instance is when i got the Nora SV-51, and told her, in macross, this is the RUSSIAN SU. I told her this is what Russia would have made.

My missus is Russian. lol i win both ways. I did however tell her the other fighters i got aren't from the US or made by, but in fact the United

Goverments of the World, so she couldn't lay any dislike for the Zero or others. hahahahahah any one not likin the joke can kiss both our ass.

:lol:

The extremes we go to for our addiction... :unsure:

Well, I'm selling my VF-0S :lol: I will be getting a VF-0A. But I'm tempted to get the YF-21 or the SV-51a "CF" since those are both on my "short list", they're just awful expensive :(

Vostok 7

Well, both the YF-21 and the SV-51a CF can be found for 175 USD on ebay, which is cheaper than when it was first launched, though still more expensive than a -0A (105 USD for -0A w/ super/strike pack) I guess it depends on where your priorities lie!

Well, both the YF-21 and the SV-51a CF can be found for 175 USD on ebay, which is cheaper than when it was first launched, though still more expensive than a -0A (105 USD for -0A w/ super/strike pack) I guess it depends on where your priorities lie!

It's really an either or, either a -0A with ghost (which I want) or a SV-51a CF or a YF-21. I just don't know which I want more :lol:

Vostok 7

spammers :D

had to skip Super & Strikes this month, cause i bought new mainboard, cpu and ram. Was trying to locate S&S's in polish online shop www.dyrl.pl but they dont have them atm >.<" i'll get them after new year :p

* "omg i want this one and this one... ohh and that one too" scares me :D *

Edited by crescens

It's really an either or, either a -0A with ghost (which I want) or a SV-51a CF or a YF-21. I just don't know which I want more :lol:

Vostok 7

Well.... you could just get them all ;) eventually of course, spreading out your purchases. The YF-21 seems to have the least problems of the 3 though, so you might want to go for that first. The SV-51 supposedly has knee problems and the -0A is floppy.

Guys, i got now god pics of my Valk =p

*sooo in love~*

only battroid =p

vf1s003km8.jpg

vf1s004xe1.jpg

vf1s006ig3.jpg

vf1s020bn6.jpg

vf1s033nn7.jpg

rape me cause i've screwed the U.N sticker on gunpod :D

Edited by crescens