Bandai 1/55 Strike Valkyrie Issue

speedracex

Hey guys, I just won and received this Strike Valkyrie this week, ive wanted one for quite a while. Upon getting it and inspecting it I realized that the valks 1 head antenna has a stress mark and one of his arm armor is missing the 1 of the 2 small wrist clips that hold the armor on. I contacted the seller who is very nice mind you and offered me a 20.00 refund, or that I could return the item. Im quite happy with the box and Valkyrie in general, but I know its going to be very hard to replace that 1 arm armor piece, what do you think I should do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=011

Or get another 1/55 super chunky reissue and stick that clip there heh, they are all the same regardless (probably slight different color? hard to see with flashed photo), I know they do sell those clips for jetfire (red color), not sure for the Valks

Edited by ntsan

That's what I would pay for one in mint condition. I haven't been looking since I've had a minty one for years, so I don't know how often they pop up on eBay. I would return it if the seller is willing to compensate you for shipping it back to them. I'm sure a mint one will pop up sooner or later with collectors unloading their old stuff to get the new stuff. And there's always the possibility that Bandai may reissue the Strike at some point further driving down the values of the old 1/55's.

I contacted the seller who is very nice mind you and offered me a 20.00 refund, or that I could return the item. Im quite happy with the box and Valkyrie in general, but I know its going to be very hard to replace that 1 arm armor piece, what do you think I should do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=011

For $20 you could replace that arm armor piece, it's a fair price. I'd suggest putting a post in the Wanted section of these forums offering the $20 for someone's arm armor piece.

I wouldn't recommend using reissue armor on your Strike. It's a very very loose fit, the reissue arm armor will basically dangle off the arm of your Strike. Plus, they're completely different colors. The strike armor is charcoal gray and the reissue armor is blue-ish green.

For $20 you could replace that arm armor piece, it's a fair price. I'd suggest putting a post in the Wanted section of these forums offering the $20 for someone's arm armor piece.

I wouldn't recommend using reissue armor on your Strike. It's a very very loose fit, the reissue arm armor will basically dangle off the arm of your Strike. Plus, they're completely different colors. The strike armor is charcoal gray and the reissue armor is blue-ish green.

yeah I dont want a reissue piece anyway, id like a complete Strike in general, not the "look" of one, i posted an add in the wanted section, hopefully ill get lucky, thanks everyone

Wanted thread here

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28057

Edited by speedracex

I'd ask for about $35 bucks back as well, unless you absolutely wanted a complete (and non broken) Strike Valk. Perhaps with about $35, you could get someone here to recast, or at leat take that money and find someone who has a fixed set of arms. Otherwise, I'd return it. That's just me though. I used to have this toy a long time ago, and it was completely unbroken. I've also had toys that came with a part missing or one small piece broken, and it never feels complete when it's not at 100%. The choice is obviously yours, for me perrsonally, I'd probably return it. I'm just a little OCD when it comes to my toys and what condition I buy them in.

I'd ask for about $35 bucks back as well, unless you absolutely wanted a complete (and non broken) Strike Valk. Perhaps with about $35, you could get someone here to recast, or at leat take that money and find someone who has a fixed set of arms. Otherwise, I'd return it. That's just me though. I used to have this toy a long time ago, and it was completely unbroken. I've also had toys that came with a part missing or one small piece broken, and it never feels complete when it's not at 100%. The choice is obviously yours, for me perrsonally, I'd probably return it. I'm just a little OCD when it comes to my toys and what condition I buy them in.

actually I had asked for 40, and he came back with 20 or a refund, he went on to say he spent an extra 10 to ship it to me, etc......, but thats not my fault

hopefully someone on the board with have a piece for me otherwise, I can wait for another, I feel the same way I want 100% complete stuff, unless i know I can purchase this part elsewhere, If this was a Transformer, this wouldnt be an issue, parts are plentiful, as everyone knows theres no surplus of Macross parts that I know of

See, that's the thing,,, I don't think you're going to have much luck finding armor parts for this. I think the color is specific to this version only, and most people I know will not sell the armor without the toy itself. I don't think you're gonna find the armor by itself, and even if you are lucky eventually, it can take a lot of work and luck to find it. I would be looking to get my money back, and look around more for the toy. Then again, there may be a re-release, since Bandai is going all out making these again.

See, that's the thing,,, I don't think you're going to have much luck finding armor parts for this. I think the color is specific to this version only, and most people I know will not sell the armor without the toy itself. I don't think you're gonna find the armor by itself, and even if you are lucky eventually, it can take a lot of work and luck to find it. I would be looking to get my money back, and look around more for the toy. Then again, there may be a re-release, since Bandai is going all out making these again.

yea very true, this was my first original valk in my hand and i love the box art etc, o well, if i dont hear anyhting by the end of day, ill ship it back this week

I'd keep it and get the $20 from him.

This stuff is pretty rare and hard to find, at that price, in this good condition.

How's the nose cone? Is it really as dull as he says it is? Are they usually?

Ill take some pics tonight of the nose cone, to me it all looks fine honestly

i dont know anything about nose cones being dull or not dull normally