Each Fleet NMC Battle section is unique?

RedWolf

Looking closely at Battle 1 which at first I assumed at first is identical to Battle 7 I found this not to be true.

The shoulder sections and leg secrions are not identical.

Now I postulate that each and every NMC Battle section has its own unique design.

Which makes sense since every aircraft carrier does have differences.

Also the landing decks is different with 13 and Frontier

Battle 1

m7-ep01-newmacrossclass1.jpg

Battle 5

city5.gif

Battle 7

city7.gif

Batle 13

battle13-carrier.gif

Battle Frontier

battle25-carrier.jpg

Battle 7

battle7-attack_small.png

Battle 13

battle13-attack_small.gif

Battle Galaxy

BattleGalaxy4.jpg

Battle Frontier

battle25-attack_small.gif

The differences which is unique to each Battle section could explain how they are easily identified like in VFX-2 and Frontier's finale.

Well, even ships of the same class IRL have some differences to each other.

Also, notice that the ones that are close in number tend to have similarities to each other.

Battle Frontier and Galaxy look most alike to each other with the same new leg section and increased armament over previous NMCs (their differences are in their bridge sections and Galaxy's shoulders).

Battle 5 simply looks like Battle 7 but with a Zentraedi design ethic. Also, Battle 1 seems to be similar to Battle 7, the difference in shoulder seems to be more a slight error in animation than a true design difference.

The only really different one is Battle 13.

You may want to change the topic title as it's misleading.

New Macross Class being different from Island Cluster Class being different from whatever class the Galaxy fleet is (near as I can tell, it's the, or one of the fully enclosed (ie: no clam shell) Super Long Range Emmigration (City & Battle ships classes that Chronicle mentions.)

Even including the class of super long range emmigration ship, there are differences between both the City ship as well as the Battle ship that d3v mentioned. Ie: City 5 and 7 in addition to Battle 5 and 7 are quite similar, despite one having a more Zentraedi motif and the other having more green space and less tall buildings (or buildings, period) inside.

You may want to change the topic title as it's misleading.

New Macross Class being different from Island Cluster Class being different from whatever class the Galaxy fleet is (near as I can tell, it's the, or one of the fully enclosed (ie: no clam shell) Super Long Range Emmigration (City & Battle ships classes that Chronicle mentions.)

That's one thing I've been wondering about. What exactly is the classification of the Island Cluster ships ad Galaxy-type ships compared to earlier NMCs and what is the classification of the Battle section alone.

The Battle sections of each do seem to be the same class, however the City/Island/Mainland section is clearly different. Are they now considered as a separate class from the City sections? Or are they not classified as a separate class/ship at all, but only as part of a ship?

That's one thing I've been wondering about. What exactly is the classification of the Island Cluster ships ad Galaxy-type ships compared to earlier NMCs and what is the classification of the Battle section alone.

The Battle sections of each do seem to be the same class, however the City/Island/Mainland section is clearly different. Are they now considered as a separate class from the City sections? Or are they not classified as a separate class/ship at all, but only as part of a ship?

I do wonder if the NMCs are actually in reference to just the Battle sections. MF DVD/Blu-ray vol. 1 liner notes use "25th New Macross". I'm also confused if the Island-class cluster is in reference to City+Island/pill-shaped vessels. The city-vessel is called Island-1 so why would it not be.

I do wonder if the NMCs are actually in reference to just the Battle sections. MF DVD/Blu-ray vol. 1 liner notes use "25th New Macross". I'm also confused if the Island-class cluster is in reference to City+Island/pill-shaped vessels. The city-vessel is called Island-1 so why would it not be.

Personally, I've gotten used to referring to the battle section as the NMC itself and thinking of the City/Island section as a separate entity, the same way the old support ships (Einstein, Sunnyflower, etc.) were separate from the carriers that "towed" them.

My info comes from the Chronicle article regarding Super Long Range Emmigration Ships and Fleet Composition. The class of ship is applicable to the combined (battle + city (+islands)) super long range emmigration ship.

My info comes from the Chronicle article regarding Super Long Range Emmigration Ships and Fleet Composition. The class of ship is applicable to the combined (battle + city (+islands)) super long range emmigration ship.

So then the New Macross Class colony ship includes the islands + city+ New Macross Carrier, correct?

The question for many seems to be how are the city+NMC is differentiated between the island cluster + NMC?

Wouldn't that just mean other New Macross Class vessels (like Macross 7) are New Macross Class Aircraft Carriers? If they aren't, what would the "Aircraft Carrier" distinction mean? What would make the Battle Frontier an Aircraft Carrier but the Battle 7 not an Aircraft Carrier? :wacko:

So then the New Macross Class colony ship includes the islands + city+ New Macross Carrier, correct?

No. See Mr. March's post after yours.

The question for many seems to be how are the city+NMC is differentiated between the island cluster + NMC?

My translations notes are in the other room... but basically size, population, and having the factory/construction districts in the underbelly/under the city part of the city section, along with all of the attached "Island" ships. The New Macross Class has seperate factory and other support ships, along with being substantially smaller. Chronicle even mentions that the two classes do look similar.

Typo? lumping the various classes together to make the scene easier to animate and understandable to the first time viewer? (You know, the one that won't look at it frame by frame nor over examine it.)

Wouldn't that just mean other New Macross Class vessels (like Macross 7) are New Macross Class Aircraft Carriers? If they aren't, what would the "Aircraft Carrier" distinction mean? What would make the Battle Frontier an Aircraft Carrier but the Battle 7 not an Aircraft Carrier? :wacko:

Typo? lumping the various classes together to make the scene easier to animate and understandable to the first time viewer? (You know, the one that won't look at it frame by frame nor over examine it.)

Probably.

Maybe for the sake of making this easier to figure out until they publish something on Frontier, we should just say NMC-carriers/aircraft carrier referring to all the Battle sections. NMCs refer to NMC carrier + City section. Island-class refers to NMC carrier + Island cluster. I think I'll wait till the publish some more info before diving into the conversation again. Lucky me, my next Chronicle shipment comes in 2 weeks, and it's got a boat load of Frontier material coming with it. :wacko:

Any of you guys remember whether they called Macross-13 as Macross-13 or Battle-13 in VFX-2? Since only the carrier are hijacked, they should called it Battle-13, but IIRC the operators called it Macross-13.

Edited by Morpheus

Well I did make a thread here somewhere adressing that question.

Take for example Macross 1 Fleet and Macross 5 Fleet. They both have multiple NMC Battle carriers.

One way I thought of naming is call one Macross XX.

But the Global screws that further as it has the designation Macross 04.

Later fleets like Galaxy and Frontier have the liberty of calling their NMC after their colony.

Any of you guys remember whether they called Macross-13 as Macross-13 or Battle-13 in VFX-2? Since only the carrier are hijacked, they should called it Battle-13, but IIRC the operators called it Macross-13.

Listen for yourself.

Listen for yourself.

Great. Another inconsistency. And it looks like the fans have to do some REAL heavy lifting in order to rationalize it... <_<

I dunno. Until Macross Chronicle addresses the issue, I'm going with whatever Mr. March says. Unless he starts saying again that the Zentradi could beat the Protodeviln. ;)

Here's my speculation: ^_^

- NMC connected with City/Island section -> Battle-XX, to differ it from the name of the Fleet (Immigration Fleet)

- NMC without City/Island section -> Macross-XX.

So there are plenty of New Macross Carrier being built, the difference is whether they are assigned as flagship to an immigration fleet or not on which they became the command section of the main city/island of the fleet.

Well I did make a thread here somewhere adressing that question.

Take for example Macross 1 Fleet and Macross 5 Fleet. They both have multiple NMC Battle carriers.

One way I thought of naming is call one Macross XX.

But the Global screws that further as it has the designation Macross 04.

Later fleets like Galaxy and Frontier have the liberty of calling their NMC after their colony.

I don't recall multiple NMC's personally (yet that may still be the case) however I do recall at least 3 City ships in the Mac 5 fleet (unless that was Spacy's first experiment with multiple civilian vessels which ultimately led to the Island cluster colony ships).

I dunno. Until Macross Chronicle addresses the issue, I'm going with whatever Mr. March says. Unless he starts saying again that the Zentradi could beat the Protodeviln. ;)

That does it! I've had enough foreplay with you. I'm gonna get me some yours, you big flirt ;):lol:

I blame the avatar. It's making me GAR for Gubaba :)

I'm okay with a different distinct subclass of the New Macross Class. If Kawamori and Co. want to make a distinction between Island Cluster fleets and other City-like ships, it makes sense. After all, the physical distinction is rather significant. I believe it's in issue #1 of the Chronicle anyway. I'm still in the process of having them translated, so information is slow to come. When they get around to featuring the Macross Frontier as a full profile in the Chroncile, that should remove any confusion.

That does it! I've had enough foreplay with you. I'm gonna get me some yours, you big flirt ;):lol:

I blame the avatar. It's making me GAR for Gubaba :)

God DAMMIT! Why does EVERYONE around here want my fanny? :lol:

I'm okay with a different distinct subclass of the New Macross Class. If Kawamori and Co. want to make a distinction between Island Cluster fleets and other City-like ships, it makes sense. After all, the physical distinction is rather significant. I believe it's in issue #1 of the Chronicle anyway. I'm still in the process of having them translated, so information is slow to come.

I'm getting near the end of translating that section...should be this weekend or next. I'll post the translation when it's done.

God DAMMIT! Why does EVERYONE around here want my fanny? :lol:

I'm getting near the end of translating that section...should be this weekend or next. I'll post the translation when it's done.

Don't fret. You're skills will ensure you'll make a good wife for some lucky fella one of these days :p:lol:

Damn, we should pool our translation efforts. Would you be interested in setting up a system to pool our translations? We could have it so one person does a section and someone else does another section, or alternating issue or something. Duplicate efforts probably don't add as much as simply getting it all done, I would think. Let me know what you think.

You guys talking about the world guide sheet on Super Long Range Emmigration Fleets? Finished translating it weeks ago (almost a month!) If only I could find the time to actually type it up and post it... (sheets finished: AUN Soldier, SLRE Fleet, Space Destroyer, and currently working on the first Variable Fighter sheet.)

You guys talking about the world guide sheet on Super Long Range Emmigration Fleets? Finished translating it weeks ago (almost a month!) If only I could find the time to actually type it up and post it... (sheets finished: AUN Soldier, SLRE Fleet, Space Destroyer, and currently working on the first Variable Fighter sheet.)

Yep, that's what i was talking about...

*sigh*

Guess I'll get to work on the Protodeviln page or something instead...

Well, we need translations we can either give to azrael to post on the Compendium or I can post the translated portions in the For Fans Only section of the M3. I just thought it would be great for you Gubaba if we could pool efforts, so it would make the job easier. More people translating means less to translate which in turn means the project is more attractive to work on for an individual translator. It's a way to lessen the burden and get more out.

It's not like we have a lot of people working on translations and there is so much translation work to do I figure it's better we increase the chances of getting the work done rather than double checking everything. At least if less-than-perfect translations are widely available online, fans will read them, recognize errors and corrections can be made. My website is a perfect example; I've made hundreds of corrections and dozens of pictures/profiles have been refined/revised since it's been online. But if something isn't posted online somewhere, there's no where to start.

Plus we have to take into account that people have real lives. If the fans are available to translate issues of the Chronicle right now, that doesn't mean they are available indefinitely. We should take advantage of our resources while we have them.

In with Mr.March.

With the amount of time I currently have available, I'm progressing at a rate of 1 page (front & back) every 2 weeks. There will also be translation errors (things do get lost in translation, no matter what) AND as others have already pointed out - there are typos and perhaps other errors in Chronicles. IMHO, an "accurate translation with translation errors" is much more valuable than an "accurate translation with translation errors that has been "fixed" to make it consistant with other stuff in English about Macross". Who knows, maybe those errors and typos are not mistakes at all?

The only thing that I ask of my fellow translators is that they use Hepburn, and not Nihon-shiki or Kunrei-shiki!

Edited by sketchley

In with Mr.March.

With the amount of time I currently have available, I'm progressing at a rate of 1 page (front & back) every 2 weeks. There will also be translation errors (things do get lost in translation, no matter what) AND as others have already pointed out - there are typos and perhaps other errors in Chronicles. IMHO, an "accurate translation with translation errors" is much more valuable than an "accurate translation with translation errors that has been "fixed" to make it consistant with other stuff in English about Macross". Who knows, maybe those errors and typos are not mistakes at all?

The only thing that I ask of my fellow translators is that they use Hepburn, and not Nihon-shiki or Kunrei-shiki!

I'll second that.

The problem for me is that Chronicle is f*ckin' HARD to translate. Some of the writing gets awfully flowery ("It's the second age of the Great Ships, but this time, the ocean is the sea of stars" and stuff like that), not to mention very technical, with a lot of unusual sci-fi terms. Some of them are common to Macross fans, but not all of them.

I agree with the technical stuff (haven't come across the flowery stuff). I've used a couple of the terms on some of the people that I know, and they give me the strange "is he making a Japanese mistake?" look until I show/write the kanji. Then they say that they don't know it and it's an uncommon term!

And that's just "Space Destroyer" and "Super Long Range Emmigration Fleet"! <_< I'm going to hold off on "thermonuclear reaction turbine engine" for now... :blink:

Very nice picture of Galaxy. Yeah, the deck is ugly, but so what. Galaxy is just neat, I wonder if it was fully automated though.

I sincerely doubt it. I came away from the series with the impression that Galaxy was crewed by people in cahoots with Grace. The crew of Galaxy, and the other Galaxy fleet ships, the pilots of Galaxy's VF-27 forces, all a part of the cybernetic fold network Grace was hoping to expand with the conquest of the Vajra and mankind. In several shots in the final episode you see a lot of people floating in the background around Grace. I think it's fairly clear that this was "Galaxy Anonymous" and the ship crews and pilots.