Miriya's first "completed" injection kit...

miriya

Very interesting color scheme!

Yeah, actually, that's pretty cool because I haven't seen many enemy ships with custom paint schemes (compared to Valks...Minmei Guard, Black Aces etc.)

NICE!! pretty clever use of the Gundam markers, I see you're really digging modeling now

Thanks. It is really fun. Quite addictive actually.

What kind of wash did you use?

Thanks to David I am using the pro modelers weathering wash dark dirt colored. I applied it to all the parts while they were still on the sprues. First washed with soap and water. Let dry. Brushed on the weathering wash. Let it dry. Rubbed it off (leaving a generous amount for a dirty look), and then clearcoated with Tamiya clear coat spray. Then I cut off the sprues and assembled using superglue.

Very interesting color scheme!

Thanks. I did not want to paint the model so I did what I thought would look decent with the gundam markers.

Yeah, actually, that's pretty cool because I haven't seen many enemy ships with custom paint schemes (compared to Valks...Minmei Guard, Black Aces etc.)

That is a good point. I was thinking to do a mimei guard gluag as I have the decals. I may do that one sometime. It would be the "cultured glaug".

That looks great. The color scheme is interesting. Now you have to do one with a British flag to REALLY test your skills (they look good on Mini's) :lol: - MT

Thanks. Yeah, that is a difficult flag. I was born in the UK so it would be appropo. I could give it a mohak and some doc martins with some sex pistols decals!!!

Sundowners! PS---what'd you use to cleacoat and how'd you apply it?

The sundowners was inspired by WickedAce's many sundowners schemes that I have been jealous of for so long. I put the clear coat on after the weathering wash and I am going to apply one more clear coat on top of the gundam markers so I guess it is not actually "completed" yet. I want to try the Testors flat coat this time for the final seal to see what kind of effect it will have.

Pretty nice custom Glaug for a first time kit building! Is it the 1/100 scale 25th anniversary kit? These kits are inexpensive and good for customizing with Sundowner or UK flags, like Mini Coopers.

I do wish Bandai can bring back the 1/72 scale version. ^_^

Pretty nice custom Glaug for a first time kit building! Is it the 1/100 scale 25th anniversary kit? These kits are inexpensive and good for customizing with Sundowner or UK flags, like Mini Coopers.

Thanks bro. The photos make it look better than it does in person but I am still happy with it. It is the 25th anniversary one that was just reissued recently. I actually bought the kit just for the zentraedi decals but then realized that it would be a good kit to practice on. I guess that I did not realize it was 1/100th but thinking about it does make sense because there is no way my 1/72 kamjin would fit in that cockpit!

I was actually never a huge fan of the glaug, more of a regult kinda guy really. But after building this kit I have really grown to love the design. I would love it if Yamato would make one in 1/60 scale in the same line as their non-transforming destroids. Maybe I will start an interest thread about that.

Thanks you guys. I appreciate the encouragement. I almost can not wait to build my vf-25. I was going to wait for my graham's flag custom gundam snap kit to arrive to get more practice but the box keeps staring at me, begging to be born.

That would be Cool... :huh: Why do they limited to 1/100?