Macross 7: First time to view the series

Lethalzero

I actually never noticed that... you mean to tell me Basara's meltran fangirls followed him even beyond the climactic final battle?

Guess subtlely doesn't work on you. :mellow:

Alright I'll spoiler you.

In the final episode of Macross 7 Battle 7 is destroyed.

One year later in Macross Dynamite 7 a new NMC Battle carrier is being built to replace Battle 7.

As for the fangirls. Macross 7 likely made a treaty with them and they joined NUNG.

Likely giving up some of their ships to UN Spacy.

Some which likely fell to the hands of Black Rainbow which is seen in VFX-2.

Yeah....no. My user name is a Super Robot. That's got nothing to do with why I dislike M7. As I said before, the previous pre-banned A1 can speak for me when it comes to Macross 7.

I wasn't responding to one of your posts. So are you saying my opinion is wrong or are you just trolling a thread about a show you don't like? Either way, I'll never understand why M7 haters put so much time and energy into something they don't like. Seriously, if you don't like a show, don't watch it, but why take time our of your life to post about it every time a thread comes up?

Edited by Sketch

Guess subtlely doesn't work on you. :mellow:

Alright I'll spoiler you.

In the final episode of Macross 7 Battle 7 is destroyed.

One year later in Macross Dynamite 7 a new NMC Battle carrier is being built to replace Battle 7.

As for the fangirls. Macross 7 likely made a treaty with them and they joined NUNG.

Likely giving up some of their ships to UN Spacy.

Some which likely fell to the hands of Black Rainbow which is seen in VFX-2.

Geh, I just came from work and was tired, was also worked up on the thought of fangirl meltrans hidden somewhere in episode 49, so much that I didn't notice that you were talking about

Battle 7's Gunship

Still

wasn't the new gunship still under construction in Dynamite 7 while it's fully functional in FOTSW? I've always thought that FOTSW was meant to fit within the TV series itself.

Edited by d3v

Geh, I just came from work and was tired, was also worked up on the thought of fangirl meltrans hidden somewhere in episode 49, so much that I didn't notice that you were talking about

Battle 7's Gunship

Still

wasn't the new gunship still under construction in Dynamite 7 while it's fully functional in FOTSW? I've always thought that FOTSW was meant to fit within the TV series itself.

It is. If I had to pinpoint it, Fleet of the Strongest Women happened prior to Mylene's birthday.

Galaxy is Calling Me is after Lux blew up.

I wasn't responding to one of your posts. So are you saying my opinion is wrong or are you just trolling a thread about a show you don't like? Either way, I'll never understand why M7 haters put so much time and energy into something they don't like. Seriously, if you don't like a show, don't watch it, but why take time our of your life to post about it every time a thread comes up?

Trolling? I usually don't respond in any M7 thread, and I don't interfere when people posts threads about why they love M7. You put out a general statement and I responded. So sorry my opinion doesn't coincide with what you think. Tough crap. I'm a moderator. I read ALL THE FREAKING THREADS on the board. Plus I've watched the show enough times through since you M7 lovers said it had to grow on you. Didn't work. Also "Don't like the show, don't watch" is the lamest retort. How is one supposed to know if they won't like a show if they don't watch it.

Let's see....

Here's the thing I've noticed, people who mistakenly thing Macross is SERIOUS BUISNESS end up hating Macross 7, and are same people that incessantly bitched about the lighthearted elements of Frontier. Hell, they'd probably hate the original series too if they were to watch it without nostalgia goggles.

Generalisation. I hate M7 but I didn't bitch about Frontier. Gee, A1 who does not like M7 has not posted anything about hating those elements about Frontier.....

If you can't stand a show with an over the top plot, characters, and weapons; you might as well just skip it. Walk into it with the same expectations of realism you'd have for a super robot show and you'll understand why so many people love the poo out of it.

Bull. I grew up with and love Super Robot, hot-blooded shows hence the user name. Overfiend tentacle monsters, plot and my dislike of the main characters all are part of why I hate M7. Granted there are some parts of M7 I like they aren't the main part of the show but the pros aren't enough to win me over to be even indifferent to it.

Well, since this thread is here, does anyone know if any fansub groups maybe redid their fansubs of Macross 7 using the higher quality remastered footage? I peeked at the usual torrent sites, but didn't see anything indicating whether or not a particular group's files used that, or were the older, lower quality video files. I'm not entirely certain when that came out, is it too early to expect a group to have used it?

Thanks much in advance.

More on topic, I enjoy the series. There's a lot of things I don't like about it, but the things I love about it really carry the show for me. I'd actually much rather a DYRL style remake of Macross 7, maybe as a high budget OVA, than a movie condensed remake of Frontier. I think M7 could benefit from something like that a lot more. (I'm hoping the Frontier movie is a side story or continuation or something. It only just ended, and it was so great as-is, it really doesn't need a retelling.)

I'm not really a fan of the posts trying to convince others that they're wrong for liking or disliking it. Like I said, I like it, but it's got some serious flaws. I really suspect the suggestion that "it gets good after episode 20-something" really only applies if there are things you enjoy about those earlier episodes. If those early episodes really don't appeal to you in the slightest, you're probably not going to get much out of the last 20-30 episodes. If someone doesn't share your opinion then no amount of arguing, no matter how rational and well thought out you think it is, is going to convince them to see the light that their opinion is wrong.

I liked Dynamite 7 a lot more. It's definitely not the epic "galaxy in crisis" kind of story M7 goes for, but I thought it managed to ditch a lot of the things I disliked about the tv series. On the other hand, you do kinda got to have liked Basara and other characters from the tv series, and have seen the tv series to have any sort of idea of what's going on. Also, there's people that liked M7, but really hate Dynamite. It does have an odd little sidestory going on back on City 7 which seems to make little sense and serve no real purpose, recently I gathered that it's referencing another Macross 7 story, like a comic or radio drama or something, but I'm not clear on the details.

Well, since this thread is here, does anyone know if any fansub groups maybe redid their fansubs of Macross 7 using the higher quality remastered footage? I peeked at the usual torrent sites, but didn't see anything indicating whether or not a particular group's files used that, or were the older, lower quality video files. I'm not entirely certain when that came out, is it too early to expect a group to have used it?

Thanks much in advance.

A quick search on Tokyotosho got me some results from group VIP which I think may have used the remastered DVD's but I'm not sure since I haven't dl'd them. The trackers say they were made in 2008 so.....

http://tokyotosho.com/search.php?terms=Mac...+DVD&type=1

A quick search on Tokyotosho got me some results from group VIP which I think may have used the remastered DVD's but I'm not sure since I haven't dl'd them. The trackers say they were made in 2008 so.....

http://tokyotosho.com/search.php?terms=Mac...+DVD&type=1

You, sir, are a scholar and a saint.

Just finished the series.

To tell the truth I hated the series at first, found it annoying, disliked a lot of the crap in it.

But wow, I actually loved Basara's singing and I can't keep his songs out of my head. I really never expected his music to get through in the end, I really didn't.

My favorite episode now would be 44, the first scene with Max in VF-22 cockpit made me go "Holy ****, Macross 7 just got good", the scenes after that were just amazing.

He managed to do Operation Stargazer in a matter of minutes, in which everyone failed to do within most of the operation time.

And go Billy! :lol:

Question: Fleet of Basara Fan occurs after Mac7 TV or somewhere in between?

The bonus episodes & movie fit into the chronology in this order.

41 I Love Mylene!

41-A On Stage

41-B Which One Do You Love?

41-C Fleet of the Strongest Women

42 Desperate Capture Operation

42-A The Galaxy Is Calling Me

This is based on the only possible spot in the chronology that these events can take place. i.e. after Lux goes boom, but before operation Stargazer. Episode order is also determined by the next ep previews, i.e. "Which One Do You Love" has a preview for "FotSW," therefore it happens before that episode, while "On Stage" has a preview for "Which One Do You Love?," and so goes the pattern. In turn the movie can only take place after "Desperate Capture Operation," because that's when the nature of Gabil/Glabil's combination is learned, and there's no way those events can happen any time past ep 43.

Edited by Keith

The bonus episodes & movie fit into the chronology in this order.

41 I Love Mylene!

41-A On Stage

41-B Which One Do You Love?

41-C Fleet of the Strongest Women

42 Desperate Capture Operation

42-A The Galaxy Is Calling Me

This is based on the only possible spot in the chronology that these events can take place. i.e. after Lux goes boom, but before operation Stargazer. Episode order is also determined by the next ep previews, i.e. "Which One Do You Love" has a preview for "FotSW," therefore it happens before that episode, while "On Stage" has a preview for "Which One Do You Love?," and so goes the pattern. In turn the movie can only take place after "Desperate Capture Operation," because that's when the nature of Gabil/Glabil's combination is learned, and there's no way those events can happen any time past ep 43.

Overall, I agree...but you're being a little bit misleading about the next ep previews...yes, "On Stage" has a preview for "Which One Do You Love," which in turn has a preview for "FotSW." But then, "FotSW" has a preview for "On Stage"...which confused the hell out of me when I first saw the series.

But Mac7 Encore was released before the final TV Volume (which of course contains FotSW), so I guess that happens first...but the last scenes of "Which One Do You Love" seem to be a farewell to the Macross 7 Fleet (shots of just about every place on the fleet we've visited over the course of the show, showing minor characters that don't show up in the episode)...so yeah. I never know which order to watch them in whenever I'm watching all of Mac 7... :wacko:

It is. If I had to pinpoint it, Fleet of the Strongest Women happened prior to Mylene's birthday.

Galaxy is Calling Me is after Lux blew up.

Ah frackk, I thought you were saying that FOTSW was after episode 49. No wonder I was so confused.