Macross Frontier Episode 21 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rating???????

• Positive (Faster Klan, Kill! Kill!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Kill Klan! Kill Klan!)

Well she is sure going to be surprised when she finds out Ozma's still alive.

What was actually said was:

Ranka-san, your older brother's whereabouts are still unknown.

It must be very difficult.

She wasn't told that Ozma was dead.

What was actually said was:

Ranka-san, your older brother's whereabouts are still unknown.

It must be very difficult.

She wasn't told that Ozma was dead.

I see. if I had a better grasp on Japanese I would have caught that. ^_^

Am I the only one who finds this image highly disturbing? :blink:

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=37gu1.jpg

It's ok to love your pet....just don't loooove your pet ya know?

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=37gu1.jpg

LMAO... looks like everyone's wrong in the "who sleeps with Ranka first?" department...

And the answer is: Ai-Kun

Nah, Ai-kun was simply trying to figure out how to attach Ranka to his back, you know, with her being a FAST Pack and all. :lol:

Edited by d3v

I see. if I had a better grasp on Japanese I would have caught that. ^_^

Ditto. I'm always pleased that I get as much as I do. If I understood EVERYTHING, I would think that the dialogue was perhaps a little too simplistic...

So yes, I don't think she forgot about Ozma at all...she just knew there were things she had to do.

So Klan didn't die despite what most people thought....so i wonder what role does she have left in the story. Sheryl's moral support? Tragic heroine? Future half of the new Dancing Skulls? (*hint hint*) I can't think of any reason why she should be still alive.

i think if klan died that would be really lame...

Ditto. I'm always pleased that I get as much as I do. If I understood EVERYTHING, I would think that the dialogue was perhaps a little too simplistic...

So yes, I don't think she forgot about Ozma at all...she just knew there were things she had to do.

The japanese language is a cruel one for us alright :lol:

I enjoyed the ep very much and the ending/ed song were beautiful. Here's hoping I can find a mp3 of TV-sized version somewhere

This episode did answer one question,

Brera does actually man the VF-27, it's not a cyberspace cockpit.

And I'm sure we'll see

Ranka Chan return gloriously when all hope is lost

! I have a feeling our friend the

birdman

will be returning too, especially since the

retcon on Zero BD

where can I read about this

retcon on Zero BD

?

Misaforever: I wished you'd stop telling ppl to "shut up" if they have some criticism for the show. I think they are valid to an extent and your suggestion that their criticism makes them lesser fans is kind of demeaning. Criticism gives a more accurate view of the show and promotes improvement rather than bias and blind fanboy praise. Just thought i get that off my chest. ^_^

I was expecting Klan to just use a gunpod after she macronised but they went all out and strapped armoured packs on her.

:huh: How the heck does that work? Do Zentraedi have connection ports to plug into the armored packs? As cool as it was it didn't makde sense.

Stampede CF VF-171 is awesome.

Brera supposedly was remote-controlling vf-27 during last episode's battle but was never shown pwning vajra remotely. Did he do anything else? (Like rescuing Michel? Anyway kinda disappointed. It would've been awesome to vajra's being pwned remotely.

I think the dimension eater is a miniaturised version since its blast radius is considerably smaller. Is this the MDE that Grace and Leon are developing? (Mini/Miniature Dimension Eater?)

So Ai-kun/Vajra don't have to go into a cocoon to become bigzam. They just shine and shed green skin?

Alto....you seemed pretty unscathed despite being Michel's good friend. Jerk. :angry:

So Klan didn't die despite what most people thought....so i wonder what role does she have left in the story. Sheryl's moral support? Tragic heroine? Future half of the new Dancing Skulls? (*hint hint*) I can't think of any reason why she should be still alive.

Ranka seemed pretty calm about Ozma supposedly dying compared to episodes 3 or was it 4. I expected her to go batshit crazy and faint after hearing news that Ozma is supposedly dead. She just cried and went off stage and promptly forgotten about her griefs after Ai-kun arrived.

Apparently some people don't know what humor is. I'll just stop posting period. Are you happy now? :rolleyes:

Nah, Ai-kun was simply trying to figure out how to attach Ranka to his back, you know, with her being a FAST Pack and all. :lol:

So why didn't Chibi-Klan simply put Ranka on her back instead of going through the trouble of Macronization in Ep 20... ^_^

Edit: Fanart request!

Edited by Vinnie

PIC1:

AWESOME PiC of the VF-25 with SUPER PACK in GERWALK MODE!!!!

:ph34r: Notice that it even has the gunpod tuck-in between the legs instead of being held by the hands. DYRL, homage?

:blink:

PIC2:

So the VF-27 also has a backseat, eh? BTW..is that Ranka IN CYBERSPACE? Does that mean she's a cyborg as well?

:blink:

Does anyone else really want a 1/60 Yamato

fast pack Klan

now?

I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!!!

Just wait until the last episode, when (as VFTF-1 predicted), Basara flies out of nowhere and sings at the Vajra, releasing their Inner Beauty Men.

THEN we'll stop watching it.

By the way...nice new avatar. Is it a real photo of you?

:lol: @ the AGENT ONE reference.

The Macross never dies, it is always refitted

FV

:lol: Good one. But if the ARMD arms get blown of again what are they suppose to refit as new arms for the Macross? :mellow:

Neon Genesis E - KLAN - gelion

Can we have a moment of silence for all the lost hippocows?

CRAP!!! Totally forgot about them. But if they weren't evacuated then.....RIP hippocows. Where gonna miss you. :(

Did anyone seen this:

link:

VF-171 with Fast pack

- CF color scheme lol

- Prototype gunpod

- Chest missile launcher

- 4-tube missile launcher

Oh Boy!!!! Graham is gonna need new pants. :D

BTW....Graham if your watching this here's the thing that's gonna make you need some new pants. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Drodius/vlc-26118.png

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...28194902ga8.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Apparently some people don't know what humor is. I'll just stop posting period. Are you happy now? :rolleyes:

Humour is hard to see on the interweb. I suggest using the ol' [insert Humor] your post [/insert Humor] code 'MisaForever'. ^_^

Humour is hard to see on the interweb. I suggest using the ol' [insert Humor] your post [/insert Humor] code 'MisaForever'. ^_^

*sigh* I suppose I'll need to. Whenever I use the term STFU at any other place, people know I'm playing around, especially with the :p smiley. But I digress, yes this episode looks great, I still have yet to watch it.

BTW is that the classic brownie (VF-1A) color scheme from SDFM? :ph34r:

NOTE: Open pic at your own risk. Its spoilerish. :)

A link to my photobucket account? :(

Its okay, as long you don't peek at my other stuff there :p

ABout Battle Frontier,

from Leon dialog I can catch that Leon doesn't want Battle Frontier to sunk (due to Vajra infiltration) since Vajra is inside island 1.

. There's no hint at all that

Leon want or hate to transform Battle Frontier.

Ok, I've just watched this episode and...... words cannot describe how much I loved it. I didn't even understand the words and I STILL found my self in love.

- The music was perfect, both background and vocal. I loved the song at the end and the instrumentals went perfectly with the scenes.

- If episode 20 was the heart-wrenching episode, this was the dramatic one. The characters were expressing their emotions in ways we haven't seen before and it was obvious that they had grown up quite a bit.

- Sheryl did not need to have more screen time in this ep because it wasn't her episode. Having her in there provided a nice balance that showed that they at least didn't forget about her.

- Klan had enough screen time and me saying that means something. :) I think she got to express her sadness and anger like she wanted to and kicked ass doing so. She was beautiful as always.

- The plan to destroy Island 3 made perfect sense and while nobody preferred it, it was really the only option. And getting Ranka to sing and lead to Vajra to the island was pure genius.

- Leon is still a bastard and needs to be killed, NOW.

- Grace is still a bitch and needs to be killed, NOW.

- Ai-kun was still cute, in all of his forms. ^_^

- If you notice, all of the characters eyes at one point or another were FILLED with emotion and anger at what was going on. Ranka, Alto, Luca, Klan, Brera, they all showed the torment that has happened to them. It was wonderful to see

To me, this series could not be anymore perfect. Kawamori and crew have outdone themselves with this and I can't wait for the home stretch. I know some of you disagree with me on some things and that's ok. I know I've been unfair in the past with putting others opinions down and I will stop that. But this is truly how I feel about this series and love it. :)

This is probably the longest post I've ever made. :lol:

Edited by MisaForever

*pouts at Gubaba's new avatar* :(

Pouting? Why? :huh:

Hmm, Gubaba really love girl in bondage..I mean bandage :rolleyes:

My original intention was to change my avatar every week to keep up with Nana-chan. But it's only recently that I've stuck to it...as soon as she's back on her feet and fine again (She will be, right? Right...?), my avatar will reflect that.

Has anyone noticed that Ai-kun

evolved without having the weapons usually seen on stage 2 Vajira?

Of course! He's Ai-kun the FRIENDLY Vajra!

Pouting? Why? :huh:

My original intention was to change my avatar every week to keep up with Nana-chan. But it's only recently that I've stuck to it...as soon as she's back on her feet and fine again (She will be, right? Right...?), my avatar will reflect that.

Of course! He's Ai-kun the FRIENDLY Vajra!

Ai-kun, the friendly Vajra

The friendliest vajra you know!

The grownups might look at him with fright,

But the children all love him so.

He always says hello

And he's really glad to meet ya'

Wherever he may go,

He's kind to every living creature.

Grownups don't understand,

Why children love him the most,

But kids all know that he loves them so,

Ai-kun the friendly vajra!

Oh and another thing about Klan's fastpacks....supposedly it can't boost/fly in atmosphere so how did she activate the boosters unless there's some manual controls, and also how did she fly around in it. (she did right? Can't remember)

Ermm.... Nana-chan is injured? Aren't you upset about that? :blink: Is sad, yes?

My relentless sense of denial tells me she'll be fine. ;)

And if she doesn't pull through, I've already asked whispo for a gif of her death scene, so all my bases are covered.

(Heh. I can talk about it coolly now, but if it happens, man...I'll be bawling like C-Ko, I'm sure...)

EDIT: I do wonder, though...that bandage has me a little worried. Do you think she lost an eye? :ph34r:

Edited by Gubaba

Oh and another thing about Klan's fastpacks....supposedly it can't boost/fly in atmosphere so how did she activate the boosters unless there's some manual controls, and also how did she fly around in it. (she did right? Can't remember)

Maybe the Super Pack is a Macronized Zentraedi version of an EX-Gear?

:ph34r:

Maybe these are the Ex-Gears used by KK's fellow Macronized students. :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

My relentless sense of denial tells me she'll be fine. ;)

And if she doesn't pull through, I've already asked whispo for a gif of her death scene, so all my bases are covered.

(Heh. I can talk about it coolly now, but if it happens, man...I'll be bawling like C-Ko, I'm sure...)

EDIT: I do wonder, though...that bandage has me a little worried. Do you think she lost an eye? :ph34r:

Gubaba, even if she did. If they can make android hybrids like Brera and Grace, they can give her a bionic eye, of which you can't tell the difference with the real one.