1/48 Scale Diorama

MacrossMan

oh yeah, what happened to the 007 decal on the CF right wing?

Thanks Valkyrie addict. All the credit goes to ron5864 he has done some sick custom dioramas and I have been fortunate enough to have him complete one for me. The vending machine is a nice touch; adds to the realism of it. The pictures don't do it much justice. My wife saw it and thought it was something from a movie set. It actually looks like a small scale set to something out of a sci-fi movie in person! Unbelieveable!

Oh, and that decal started coming off because I messed around with it too much. It's a Takatoys decal, which are great, but this I abused to much so I am going to have to assign it a different number.

:blink:

OO

Edited by MacrossMan

Congratulations!!! This is totally awesome! Thanks for posting the pics!

I have a request. Can you take some pictures without the flash, but light it up from a lamp or other light source. I am just curious to see the more natural colors. When you get a chance.

The soda machine is such a cool touch and all the figures look fantastic!

Congratulations!!! This is totally awesome! Thanks for posting the pics!

I have a request. Can you take some pictures without the flash, but light it up from a lamp or other light source. I am just curious to see the more natural colors. When you get a chance.

The soda machine is such a cool touch and all the figures look fantastic!

Thanks miriya! Here a few work up photos Ron sent while he was working on it. I believe these were taken in natural light.

gallery_7126_36_901717.jpg

gallery_7126_36_931096.jpg

gallery_7126_36_899169.jpg

Really awesome setup Macrossman. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys, but a lot of credit should goto Macrossman too for putting the diorama back together after the shipping process. The set was sent via US Postal Service, which did their best at throwing the diorama container around and using it for a soccer ball. A lot of the pieces came off or broke off after it got to Arkansas. I saw the photos of the set when it arrived and it did not look pretty.

So Macrossman went on a mission to rebuild and repair it, and to make it better. I must congratulate him on a job well done. :lol: At least three valks have a nice place to hang around.

But that custom 1/48 VF-1D made it more awesomer!

Thanks for the compliments guys, but a lot of credit should goto Macrossman too for putting the diorama back together after the shipping process. The set was sent via US Postal Service, which did their best at throwing the diorama container around and using it for a soccer ball. A lot of the pieces came off or broke off after it got to Arkansas. I saw the photos of the set when it arrived and it did not look pretty.

So Macrossman went on a mission to rebuild and repair it, and to make it better. I must congratulate him on a job well done. :lol: At least three valks have a nice place to hang around.

WOW! Awesome job, Ron!

It was great meeting you at the Con

Congratulations, Macrossman, great set up.

The more I look at it, the more I'm impressed// vents, access and utility panels... I love all those little touches. And the walls actually have structure! It's not just surface markings but it looks like it's actually constructed, love it!

The more I look at it, the more I'm impressed// vents, access and utility panels... I love all those little touches. And the walls actually have structure! It's not just surface markings but it looks like it's actually constructed, love it!

I think eugimon hit it on the nose. Even in its busted up state when it arrived, a co-worker and I just gawked and marveled at the details. The pictures really don't do it justice. It truly is a scale model of what could actually be built. If we didn't know any better we would have been searching for the blue prints and building plans in the box. It's just that acurate. The chain lins appear to be made of copper, but how Ron was able to paint them without the links sticking together I do not understand. Unless the chainlinks can be purchased pre-colored. The walls and different areas appear to be structurely sound. A couple of the wall panels fell off during shipping and even with them being off it looked awesome; it just made the walls look open and exposed some of their structural stability. The decals are amazing; all the miniature writing is flawless and readable. They look as if they were tampo printed onto the walls. I do not know what Ron's technique is for applying them, but it sure is impressive. I can't be more happy with it. It is truly the crown jewel of my collection. Beyond all that Ron kept the lines of communication open throughout the whole process, sending weekly updates with pictures and estimated time of completion; down to pictures of it being packed in the box! He's been most helpful with sending extra pictures to help piece it back together. The guy has an extraordinary talent, yet he's very humble.

WOW! Awesome job, Ron!

It was great meeting you at the Con

Congratulations, Macrossman, great set up.

Thanks NMB4M! I talked with misterryno and told me that he got to meet Ron at the con as well. As we say down here in the south: Lord willing and the creeks don't rise I plan to be there next year!

Thanks once again Ron! I used to work a midnight shift job where I spent my nights putting together 1000 piece puzzles, so with the extra pics you sent and having all the pieces there and nothing broken, it was pretty simple. Your suggestion on the right glue helped too. By the way I noticed how clean everything was in the original pics. I tried using small dabs of the gel but could never get them small enough to where there was no excess underneath. The end result though makes the railing connections appear to be welded. Even the pieces that are attached to the floor like the four yellow guard posts appear to be "cemented" into the floor now. I thought it was pretty surprise when I saw it the next day. Maybe the gel interacts with the paint or something, but it didn't look bad.

Thanks. Your set is probably the best of the bunch that I have built. I am glad you are enjoying it. Hopefully, I can bring a custom set to MacrossCon 2009. I already have ideas floating around. ^_^

I really wouldn't want to have to climb those stairs :p

Wow...that is absolutely stunning! When I look at that, I feel as if I am in an actual hangar.

It really IS all in the details. Superb job, ron5864!

:lol: I did not think about those steps. Looking at them in the smaller scale it doesn't seem like a big deal, but if they were actually true to scale that would be a lot of damn steps! I've seen another diorama where the steps were broken up; they plained out half way then went in the opposite direction going up to break the flight in half. I have to agree that it is a mighty long flight of stairs going up! But I think Ron tries to make each diorama a little differently. I have a co-worker who served 4 years in the Navy and she even said the "bay" looked true to life to her.

AWESOME diorama!!

I am dying to post pics of my diorama also but I am still getting a few pieces to dress it up.

Ron is a cool guy. Lucky me I olny live 25 minutes away from Ron so I was able to talk to him when I picked up my diiorama.

Yeah, I have been waiting to see yours along with the "other stuff"!

;)

OO

What, no "Petit Cola!?" The set looks really awesome. I wouldn't want to climb those steps either :lol: . It really makes me want to get to building the interior of my ship! - MT

Same diorama, just different Valks and another ground crew set. Valks and ground crew set aside, it seems as though the more pics I take of this thing, the more details I notice. Take for instance the details underneath the catwalk. Simply amazing.

:blink:

OO

gallery_7126_36_390980.jpg

gallery_7126_36_724800.jpg

gallery_7126_36_724800.jpg

gallery_7126_36_75089.jpg

gallery_7126_36_214819.jpg

I love the guy just sitting on the feet of the LV2, he just looks so chill with one leg just dangling there. I like to pretend he yelled at the guy at the vending machine to get him something too, and then realized he has those sound dampening headphones on, and he has his head down, laughing to himself in embarrasment.

Edited by eugimon

I love the guy just sitting on the feet of the LV2, he just looks so chill with one leg just dangling there. I like to pretend he yelled at the guy at the vending machine to get him something too, and then realized he has those sound dampening headphones on, and he has his head down, laughing to himself in embarrasment.

LOL!!!

macrossman, I like how you put the GBP only on the legs and shoulders. I have never seen it done that way. Looks pretty badd assss.

By the way thanks for the clip and the ammo, just arrived. Now I am going to blast some motherjumpin alien scum! Or just let my son blast monsters.