Display Stand for VF-0

::NXS::

OK. I have some attachments that came with the VF-0 to a display stand I cannot find anywhere. I've seen so far the Macross ones that look like the ARMD cranes that show up in Do You Remember Love?, the Flexidisplay ones (unavailable right now..... from LAFT) and the one that comes with the SV-51.

What's my best option? I know the Flexys are nice, but dunno if they are gonna show up again. Then the question about the attachments. Do they work with the Yamato stands? I guess the Bandai Action base is too small/weak to hold a heavily armed VF-0A Angel right?

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it will be very appreciated.

Banzai!

dscn2414xj1.th.jpg

OK. I have some attachments that came with the VF-0 to a display stand I cannot find anywhere. I've seen so far the Macross ones that look like the ARMD cranes that show up in Do You Remember Love?, the Flexidisplay ones (unavailable right now..... from LAFT) and the one that comes with the SV-51.

What's my best option? I know the Flexys are nice, but dunno if they are gonna show up again. Then the question about the attachments. Do they work with the Yamato stands? I guess the Bandai Action base is too small/weak to hold a heavily armed VF-0A Angel right?

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it will be very appreciated.

Banzai!

dscn2414xj1.th.jpg

HERE IT IS

This pic should be helpful.

pb040035je1.jpg

O well. There was a time, when I felt really happy with my grey panel lines in my VF-0. And then you show up with this!

Man, awesome!!!!! Wanna see more pics.

This raises another question of mine. What are your thought on repainting Yamatos or any transforming toy in general? Like i felt temped myself several times, just don't have the time to do it.

I guess my two worries are the paint scratching and getting to a point where you can't dissasemble/reassemble something because the way it's put toghether at the factory.

I know these are almost naive things to ask, but I'm sure you know better. Anyways, any thoughts are always welcome.

And Jenius, thanks for the pic+review, very helpful. So you run that website? HAHA, I have read through it many times, let me tell you you're doing a good job!

I found the stand at Amazon, so I will most likely get it tonite or tomorrow.

Again guys, thanks a lot.

Head's up guys, the Flexi Displays are back, with upgrades, according to the Lost&Found Toys website. They're up now for preorder.

Already put my preorder in for a set of the 2.5, 4 & 6. Doesn't ship until October 31st through. Oh and awesome paint job by the way. Please post more pics.

Edited by logos

Yup, that's the one :) I was thinking of buying these for the 1/60s, but I don't think they'd be able to hold up the valks in battroid mode :(

Not the matter of holding the weight, just that they are a whopping 15 cms too short. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Could hold fighter mode alright! :p But you'd be better off buying flexi stands or using the clear/non clear stands yamato is using now (packaged with 21 and 51.)

But these are good - just expensive, - http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00033 and they are canon to the movie.

I hear flexi stands are going to be produced soon again with updates. Get Flexi's if i were you.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

There are two kinds of action bases, the one posted there and another which is larger and designed for larger 1/100 kits. Those will easily support a Valk's weight AND can extend their support arm to about a foot in length.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948216

Seeing that flexidisplays are up for order, I may have to get myself a couple of those, too, though.

There are two kinds of action bases, the one posted there and another which is larger and designed for larger 1/100 kits. Those will easily support a Valk's weight AND can extend their support arm to about a foot in length.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948216

Seeing that flexidisplays are up for order, I may have to get myself a couple of those, too, though.

Cool! I'll check this out this weekend :) the 6" Flexidisplay is said to be out on October, so these Action Base 1's will do while I wait

Yeah, I picked up a white Action Base 1 that was on sale at BBTS a while back; it's currently holding up my YF-19 quite sturdily.

Could you post a pic or two showing us that? I'm very excited about this, the Action Bases are readily available and are dirty cheap!

Cool! I'll check this out this weekend :) the 6" Flexidisplay is said to be out on October, so these Action Base 1's will do while I wait

can you give an update on how the actionbase1 works out w/ the v2 1/60, and where and how much? thanks, man. :rolleyes:

Could you post a pic or two showing us that? I'm very excited about this, the Action Bases are readily available and are dirty cheap!

Sure thing. Quick and dirty photos incoming. No Gerwalk pics, since I didn't feel like permanently modifying either the holders or the base to join with each other (and the flippy floppy gerwalk chest doesn't leave me with many options of places to stick the stand). All photos are with the stock action base connectors.

Because I stuck the base practically to the top of the battroid mode, it hangs a little low, but again if one was willing to do either some cutting or glueing and use the proper YF-19 stand attachments, you could attach it higher. Still. As you can see, no problems or worries with weight or anything, and the action bases are a lot less intrusive than the massive Yamato launch stands or YF-21/SV-51 stands.

F-Nose.jpg

F-Side.jpg

F-Top.jpg

B-Pose1.jpg

B-Pose2.jpg

B-Pose3.jpg

B-Pose4.jpg

B-Pose5.jpg

B-Pose6.jpg

O well. There was a time, when I felt really happy with my grey panel lines in my VF-0. And then you show up with this!

Man, awesome!!!!! Wanna see more pics.

This raises another question of mine. What are your thought on repainting Yamatos or any transforming toy in general? Like i felt temped myself several times, just don't have the time to do it.

I guess my two worries are the paint scratching and getting to a point where you can't dissasemble/reassemble something because the way it's put toghether at the factory.

I know these are almost naive things to ask, but I'm sure you know better. Anyways, any thoughts are always welcome.

And Jenius, thanks for the pic+review, very helpful. So you run that website? HAHA, I have read through it many times, let me tell you you're doing a good job!

I found the stand at Amazon, so I will most likely get it tonite or tomorrow.

Again guys, thanks a lot.

Above all else, time is what you need. There are several progress pictures of members' projects, and they can give you tips to avoid paint scraping and assembly/disassembly. There's a thread I started in the Building/Customizing Macross Models & Toys forum that has some build-ups.

Hey! What are you working on?

Edited by Wicked Ace

Sure thing. Quick and dirty photos incoming. No Gerwalk pics, since I didn't feel like permanently modifying either the holders or the base to join with each other (and the flippy floppy gerwalk chest doesn't leave me with many options of places to stick the stand). All photos are with the stock action base connectors.

Because I stuck the base practically to the top of the battroid mode, it hangs a little low, but again if one was willing to do either some cutting or glueing and use the proper YF-19 stand attachments, you could attach it higher. Still. As you can see, no problems or worries with weight or anything, and the action bases are a lot less intrusive than the massive Yamato launch stands or YF-21/SV-51 stands.

F-Nose.jpg

F-Side.jpg

F-Top.jpg

B-Pose1.jpg

B-Pose2.jpg

B-Pose3.jpg

B-Pose4.jpg

B-Pose5.jpg

B-Pose6.jpg

Wow! it does look great! Thanks Quin :) I went to a local hobby shop yesterday but they ran out of the clear version :( I'll definitely pick this up and use the savings for other yamato valks :)

thanks for the pics! good thing i saw this... was gonna pre-order a ton of flexidisplay stands through a friend in the states when i realized it would cost the same as a nice glass display cab... good thing i saw these pics first... but i'm still buying a few flexidisplays... :rolleyes:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Very nice! Already ordered one. For 10 bucks on amazon, you cant go wrong.... if it doesn't hold the Zero ok, then I'll mod it accordingly...

Above all else, time is what you need. There are several progress pictures of members' projects, and they can give you tips to avoid paint scraping and assembly/disassembly. There's a thread I started in the Building/Customizing Macross Models & Toys forum that has some build-ups.

Hey! What are you working on?

Thanks for the words Wicked, and that thread you have there looks a lot of fun! I still want to see more pics of your model. Man, it looks like a lot of people is getting lazy posting their amazing stuff on the custom section of the website. Like I've seen many cool stuff in the forums, all the way from WIPs to finish, but they never show up in the main site!!! I don't get it....

Thanks for the words Wicked, and that thread you have there looks a lot of fun! I still want to see more pics of your model. Man, it looks like a lot of people is getting lazy posting their amazing stuff on the custom section of the website. Like I've seen many cool stuff in the forums, all the way from WIPs to finish, but they never show up in the main site!!! I don't get it....

My VF-0S is not in the Customs section, but it does have its own thread in the this forum.

Edited by Wicked Ace