1/60 SV-51 Alpha Mass Prod

reddsun1

Toy-wavwe has the brown 51 on sale as well, and i was tempted to grab it, just so i could have one for every mode. But it's a lot of money for that purpose only, so i passed.....but I keep thinking about it, so maybe I want it more than i thought...

I just had a vision...

I dont know if I can pull it off in photoshop but I may try tomorrow anyway.

Chrome plated SV-51!!!!!

Can you see it in your mind's eye?

Dont know if it is chemically feasable but there is some automotive enamels that wicked ace tipped me on to and they have some chrome enamels that may work. I may have to try it first on a POS super poseable toynami. I know that the toynami is PVC and the Yamato is ABS but I will want to test the paint quality first. Of course there is also the fact that I can not afford to buy another SV-51 but that is a different story alltogether....

Green and blue one looks ok.

Low vis will probably be the most appealing in the long run though. It would be like the "what if?" plane, where roy had joined ivanov, his teacher, and went on the side of the anti-un as a cannon fodder pilot. (with similar paintscheme to shin's grey cf vf-0)

You could even have a modified roys skull emblem on the low vis. It would look similar to the low vis vf-1 skull, but with a few differences. Roy didn't become a traitor though: he just joins anti-un to spy on them. heh

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I just had a vision...

I dont know if I can pull it off in photoshop but I may try tomorrow anyway.

Chrome plated SV-51!!!!!

Can you see it in your mind's eye?

Dont know if it is chemically feasable but there is some automotive enamels that wicked ace tipped me on to and they have some chrome enamels that may work. I may have to try it first on a POS super poseable toynami. I know that the toynami is PVC and the Yamato is ABS but I will want to test the paint quality first. Of course there is also the fact that I can not afford to buy another SV-51 but that is a different story alltogether....

So what 51 do you posses? The CF is mighty cheap at the moment. Plus the CF paint would be easier to custom rather than black or pink wouldn't it?

If DD's 51 comes on sale, i'd have a hard time not grabbing him... gotta save up in hope for that. :p

QC-wise, which toy is a safer buy? This one or the Nora ver.?

The nora and CF are problem free. The original Ivanov had some problems. I am not sure if the re-release Ivanov has come out yet.

So what 51 do you posses? The CF is mighty cheap at the moment. Plus the CF paint would be easier to custom rather than black or pink wouldn't it?

If DD's 51 comes on sale, i'd have a hard time not grabbing him... gotta save up in hope for that. :p

I have Nora. I have had my finger on the trigger for that CF for a while. Just money is too tight for me right now. It is a good time to be a macross collector and because of that a bad time to be broke. Dobler Flanker scheme would be nice. I somehow doubt they will do it any time soon but it is possible.

• 5 months later...

Just got my first SV-51 today. It's the CF, of course. I like it a lot but my example is a little loose. The wings are good, but they droop down when all the missiles are attached (but not the boosters oddly enough). I'm surprised how complicated the transformation is! But it's oddly simple at the same time.

How many times have you guys stabbed your selves on the head spike? I did once trying to get it out of the box and then a few times during transformation :lol:

Only real issues are the tailfins, I'm highly disappointed there aren't locating pins for them in fighter mode so they can lock in place. I'm a perfectionist and I HATE it when everything doesn't line up, and they never want to seem to sit right without a lot of fiddling. The only other real issue is the left hand shoulder cover is splitting at the part where it connects to the rotation joint. I don't know why. Just sits there, not like it exploded or anything, and the joint works properly. I might have to take it apart and see what's up.

All in all, I like the SV-51 a lot. The inclusion of the stand is great (they ALL should come with those stands!), and it looks so mean and evil in every mode it's great. I love the detonation cord in the canopy detail and the overhead ejection lever, looks so great. Only major features disappointment was the fact that they did so much detail on the lift fans and you can ONLY see them in Battroid. It doesn't seem like it would have been hard to make the back hatch rotate up as well as down so that it could function as the airbrake/lift fan intake. It's just disappointing Yamato didn't go that extra mile when they usually are pretty good about that.

I was REALLY surprised how non-inclusive the sticker sheet is! The Anti-UN doesn't use unit numbers or anything? Come on! That's OK, I might just have to get another if they stay on sale and make a custom with good ol' Russian markings. :D

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Ok guys, this afternoon i just got my SV-51 nora & man she' s huge. just got to play with her for like 20 minutes before i had to go to work :(.

hopefully tommorrow morning i can spend more quelity time with her :D

i really wish i could affrod more valks right now since many of them are still on sale @ hlj.com but part of my savings have to go for a brick oven i really want to make. Yeah... besides valkyries pizzas are my obsession XD.

ok, just one hour & 15 minutes before i go home to my beautiful nora <3

Ok guys, this afternoon i just got my SV-51 nora & man she' s huge. just got to play with her for like 20 minutes before i had to go to work :( .

hopefully tommorrow morning i can spend more quelity time with her :D

i really wish i could affrod more valks right now since many of them are still on sale @ hlj.com but part of my savings have to go for a brick oven i really want to make. Yeah... besides valkyries pizzas are my obsession XD.

ok, just one hour & 15 minutes before i go home to my beautiful nora <3

A brick oven for Pizza!?!?!? I want to visit your house! I LOVE pizza. Food in general is probably my Biggest obsession (even bigger than macross figures) though I do not belong to a food forum, only a macross forum. But yeah I love my Nora very much. A brilliant design from Kawamori and an excellent execution by Yamato! Well worth the massive $$$.$$

• 2 weeks later...

For some strange reason, I ´m not able to find the oficial sv-51 Ivanov thread... but I find this amazing sales on HLJ and I thought you may find interesting :D

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00063

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00064

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00068

At this prices, I couldn´t resist ordering the Ivanov... more than 40% off, depending on the seller... WOW, THAT´S SALES.

Regards!

Only real issues are the tailfins, I'm highly disappointed there aren't locating pins for them in fighter mode so they can lock in place. I'm a perfectionist and I HATE it when everything doesn't line up, and they never want to seem to sit right without a lot of fiddling.

There seems to be a point where it sort of clicks in, but only with one on my tailfins. You see the other is a little loose; it will hold in fighter mode so long as you don't move the plane or disturb the fins, but it just won't stay without help when folded in gerwalk or battroid. It's probably my only complaint- aside from a slightly droopy wing when loaded up,

I do love the thing..I don't regret getting it, I just wish it was a little tighter. Maybe sooner or later I'll get emboldened to take it apart and see if I can fix some of it's foibles.