Toynami/Tamashii(Bandai) Macross SDCC coverage-1/55, 1/100, et al

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Bam!

The new heads for the Robotech versions. I have a feeling we will see this at earliest, by the end of the year. I wonder if Bandai will use those in Japan too. This is what I think will happen.

Now-December 2008

VF-1J

VF-1S

DYRL VF-1A Super Max

DYRL VF-1A Super Hikaru

DYRL VF-1S Strike Focker

DYRL VF-1S Strike Hikaru

January 2009-onward

Robotech versions, with the new heads(maybe the heads are US exclusive, or used on both releases, just Macross packaging for Japan, Robotech packaging for US)

VF-1S Fokker

VF-1J Rick

VF-1A Ben

VF-1A Max

VF-1D

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Miriya

VF-1A CF

Spring 2009, if not earlier(Macross DYRL packaging for US and Japan

ELINT seeker

Super O

Now Toynami might be having a panel, and usually at SDCC, at the panel or soon afterwards, all the new yum yums are revealed, so there is a chance we could see more.

I think Toynami will announce the license to bring over Macross Frontier toys via Tamashii here in the states.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Thanks for the link, Shin- That totally just made my day/month/year.

No prob man, Chunky FTGDMF'NW

Oh yea, it says "coming soon" next to the new heads. I hope soon means...close to ..NOW as opposed to next year. I WANT THE XMAS I NEVER HAD!!!!!

Hey one time xstoys showed us head sculpts that were supposed to be used during the last time Bandai reissued the valkyries, but weren't used. I wonder if these are the same...

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

ZOMG! A beta fighter! Oh..wait...we've been seeing that on display for like 3 years. But now in 5 COLORS OF VAPORWARE! woohoo!

The 1/55 1D looks cool

The 1/100 Battlepod looks cool

The 1/100 GBP looks cool

years from now when they finally get released I will probably buy them

The Shadow Cron. stuff should have been released forever ago. Like maybe around the time of the crappy movie? All they are are repaints. I think now even the diehard fanboys have moved past the "pink alpha" interest.

ZOMG! A beta fighter! Oh..wait...we've been seeing that on display for like 3 years. But now in 5 COLORS OF VAPORWARE! woohoo!

The 1/55 1D looks cool

The 1/100 Battlepod looks cool

The 1/100 GBP looks cool

years from now when they finally get released I will probably buy them

The Shadow Cron. stuff should have been released forever ago. Like maybe around the time of the crappy movie? All they are are repaints. I think now even the diehard fanboys have moved past the "pink alpha" interest.

Speaking of Beta Fighters, I wonder if the Toynami MPC will be able to handle the extra weight. They look nice but do not like being manipulated much especially the missile bays on arms and legs. They tend to break. As for repaints, I can not see the difference, unless my computer and eyesight are failing me, between a Sue Graham Alpha and Marcus Shadow fighter.

It might be the same as the Sue Shadow fighter. Which is even lamer why they didn't put it in a SC box when the movie came out if that's the case.

And apparently my math skills are somewhere else...there are 4 Beta's not 5

Blue

Red

Green

Shadow

Yeah....4 :rolleyes:

Yep, I mentioned it a while ago when Toynami announced to release the first 1/55s stateside that the Toynami/Tamashii partnership would open up new opportunities....

That, and when their partnership was announced, as well as Macross Frontier premiering in Japan, some anime news sites over here were hinting at something huge to be announced later in the year...and being that this weekend is SDCC...where everything is usually announced...

I think Toynami will announce the license to bring over Macross Frontier toys via Tamashii here in the states.

Hmmm...what to do..

Get the Macross Frontier Toys when Bandai Releases them in Japan? Or wait until Toynami possibly releases them and then charges more?

Choices, choices ^_^

Edited by Rabidweezil

Wow. Toynami finally got wise and decided to act as a distributor for high end, high quality Mecha toys instead of trying to compete with them. This makes me very happy and hopeful they also might be willing to cut a deal with Yamato and start importing the 1/60th line as well. They already did a deal where they distributed the Garland. Is the MP cyclone dead? I didn't see pictures of it. Is it being replaced by the Beagle? If so good. That thing was pretty much a gakken with slightly better tooling.

Edited by GobotFool

Wow. Toynami finally got wise and decided to import act as a distributor for high end, high quality import Macross toys instead of trying to compete with them.

I believe Toynami has been trying to negotiate with Bandia and Yamato for these kind of deals as far back as 2001/2002. Obviously things have finally materialized with Bandai (Tamashii).

I believe Toynami has been trying to negotiate with Bandia and Yamato for these kind of deals as far back as 2001/2002. Obviously things have finally materialized with Bandai (Tamashii).

Japanese companies typically won't deal with a foreign company unless that company has a well-proven track record and a history with related products. Toynami has gotten to the point where Bandai will finally deal with them.

I'm happy to see it!

Even though Toynami has let me down more consistently than any other toy company, I'm thrilled to see the partnership with Bandai, MegaHouse and Beagle and I give them my full support. I'm thinking I'll buy all Toynami releases of Japanese toys, even if it means waiting longer, just to support their decision and encourage them to keep it going.

That said, Toynami's own 1/100 line is looking more interesting than it did previously, hopefully they can get them out in a more timely fasion than the first waves.

It is hard to tell the new VF-1A head is perfect match or a little small until we see the entire VF-1A Valkyrie in battroid mode.

The VF-1S head looks more like Yamato VF-1S head.

The VF-1J head looks more like Toynami VF-1J head.

I am VERY EXCITED to have the 1/55 scale VF-1D.

I hope they use the same material Bandai 1/55 Valkyrie using, not 100% plastic.

They release 1/55 scale Pod too?

i hated the original oversized vf-1a head so thats good there will be new heads

Anyone knows what is the stock quote of Toynami? I am very sure its stock price will go rocket high AFTER release these real deals!!! :lol:

Wow. Toynami finally got wise and decided to import act as a distributor for high end, high quality import Macross toys instead of trying to compete with them. This makes me very happy and hopeful they also might be willing to cut a deal with Yamato and start importing the 1/60th line as well. They already did a deal where they distributed the Garland. Is the MP cyclone dead? I didn't see pictures of it. Is it being replaced by the Beagle? If so good. That thing was pretty much a gakken with slightly better tooling.

Actually, I was told that Yamato has been trying to work with Toynami to get them to distribute the Yamato Valks stateside. After all, Yamato cannot officially distribute anything outside of Japan.

Also, I do not recall Toynami negotiating with Bandai back in 2001/2002...Could be wrong...

With the partnership with Tamashii, Toynami now has FULL access to everythng Tamashi produces or distributes. That is why Toynami offered the Aoshima Alphas and Megahouse cyclones.

It is only a matter of time that Toynami will bring in all the Macross goodies they can. Think about it... Toynami can bring in Valks and offer them whole stateside. No worries about R&D...Just moving stock...I'm betting the figures will retail for less than what one can get a Yamato Valkyrie from overseas.

Actually, I was told that Yamato has been trying to work with Toynami to get them to distribute the Yamato Valks stateside. After all, Yamato cannot officially distribute anything outside of Japan.

Is this recent? There is animosity between the 2, and if that has cooled off, that is nothing but great news for all of us. To finally see a Yamato valkyrie stateside for under $100....thats something most didn't think was even possible.

It is only a matter of time that Toynami will bring in all the Macross goodies they can. Think about it... Toynami can bring in Valks and offer them whole stateside. No worries about R&D...Just moving stock...I'm betting the figures will retail for less than what one can get a Yamato Valkyrie from overseas.

A couple of years ago it was mentioned that if the 1/48 was released stateside, and if the licensing crap was done with, it could be released for under $100. Now inflation has driven prices up, but if Yamato and Toynami have come to agreeable terms, the new 1/60 Strike set could be significantly cheaper than the imported one, and the regular 1/60 would definitely be under $100, in actuality it would be rather close to the price of the old 1/60. This is a win/win situation for both customers and retailers alike.

God I hope this happens.

Kevin, has Toynami told you when the Robotech versions of the 1/55 will be out? I'm eager to see the new 1A head on a TV Max type. Also did they mention if the prices will be the same as the Origin of Valkyrie releases($80), or actually cheaper?

Is this recent? There is animosity between the 2, and if that has cooled off, that is nothing but great news for all of us. To finally see a Yamato valkyrie stateside for under $100....thats something most didn't think was even possible.

A couple of years ago it was mentioned that if the 1/48 was released stateside, and if the licensing crap was done with, it could be released for under $100. Now inflation has driven prices up, but if Yamato and Toynami have come to agreeable terms, the new 1/60 Strike set could be significantly cheaper than the imported one, and the regular 1/60 would definitely be under $100, in actuality it would be rather close to the price of the old 1/60. This is a win/win situation for both customers and retailers alike.

God I hope this happens.

Kevin, has Toynami told you when the Robotech versions of the 1/55 will be out? I'm eager to see the new 1A head on a TV Max type. Also did they mention if the prices will be the same as the Origin of Valkyrie releases($80), or actually cheaper?

George Sohn mentioned about Yamato USA seeking to have Toynami distribute the Valks. I had a conversation with him about a month ago. I never asked Yamato USA about their take on the comment.

Toynami didn't much about the 1/55 line last month. Perhaps, it was done to hold out for the SDCC announcement. I only knew they were planning to bring in the 1/55 VF1J and VF1S, Super VF1A Hikaru and Super VF1A Max. THere's some more info that I know but I'll have to post it another time. Gotta get back to work.

-K

man that's a lot of cool stuff i'm tempted to get now.... i just want the armors to finally come out for the 1/100 series... the new GBP looks kinda cool and so does the regult.... i like the Alpha Beta link up MUCH better than the cms version

sad part about all the cool new products they're showing is that we all know the quality is gonna suck ass and be all floppy... we can only hope when they import the new 1/55's and beagle products that Toynami JUST distributes and has nothing to do with manufacturing them...haha...

DYRL VF-1S Strike Hikaru

ELINT seeker

Super O

Can they please include the original box art this time? They are unique and good art and was one of the reasons why those sets were the most popular.

Personally I am not too excited about the new heads - the chunky heads kind of fits the chunky body. And if they go this far with updating the design, how about updating the arms and gunpod so that the gunpod can be mounted in fighter mode?

Also, I do not recall Toynami negotiating with Bandai back in 2001/2002...Could be wrong...

With the partnership with Tamashii, Toynami now has FULL access to everythng Tamashi produces or distributes. That is why Toynami offered the Aoshima Alphas and Megahouse cyclones.

It's been 6 or 7 years now so my memory might be a little fuzzy. :) I'm pretty sure you shared with me back then about Toynami trying to pursue a deal with Yamato. As for Bandai, maybe it was Harmony Gold that was trying to deal directly with them. Again it's been a while so my memory's not perfect and I've had a number of people that I've gotten "insider" Macross/Robotech info through out the years.

But regardless, it's pretty sweet that not only more a lot more is being done with the 1/55th reissues this time, but the US market gets to partake as well. Not to mention all the other possibilities...

Something tells me that one of these two threads will be closed. To the moderators, please keep both opened. One thread can be dedicated to the Japanese releases while the other thread can be dedicated to the Toynami/Tamashii releases and developments.