1/72 Kamjin figure.

captain america

Im fairly sure I have the whole thread saved if you would like it so you can rebuild it exactly the same. :)

If you could, you would be quite the lifesaver... Not to be confused with the candy of the same name ^_^

Payments: hold on to your money for now, I still want to test my molds and get the packaging labels done. I mean I'd love to take everyone's money, but I want to be certain that I can deliver a quality product first.

Capt'n, I can't seem to log on to Samurai-Monkey. I had to re-register but in the meantime, can you post the payment details here?

Sure thing. The condensed version is as follows:

each kit: $55

Shipping for 1-4 kits within north America: $11

Shipping for1-2 kits everywhere else: $19

If you use Paypal, add $2 per kit. IPMOs also welcome ^_^

Edited by captain america

Im impressed that the head fits into the helmet and you didn't just make a seperate helmet/head. Not into figures, but the craftsmanship on this is superb!

Actually, the helmet is not separate, it's a one-piece casting; you have 2 heads in the kit: one with helmet, one without. Unfortunately because the hair on his head is solid resin, had the helmet been separate, it would hav needed to be ridiculously oversized to fit over his noggin'. I merely made a casting of the un-helmeted head, dremeled off the hair, and inserted it into a pre hollowed-out helmet and then cast it as one piece. Far simpler than it sounds.

Actually, the helmet is not separate, it's a one-piece casting; you have 2 heads in the kit: one with helmet, one without. Unfortunately because the hair on his head is solid resin, had the helmet been separate, it would hav needed to be ridiculously oversized to fit over his noggin'. I merely made a casting of the un-helmeted head, dremeled off the hair, and inserted it into a pre hollowed-out helmet and then cast it as one piece. Far simpler than it sounds.

Admiral,

Will the kit be coming with a hollowed-out helmet?

Does any one have color schemes for the figure?

Capt'n, are you planning to do regular (not commander type) zentradi soldiers again? or meltrandi soldiers?

Regardless, do you have schematics showig the differences in uniform for Kamzin and the regular solider that one can use for modification?

Does any one have color schemes for the figure?

Capt'n, are you planning to do regular (not commander type) zentradi soldiers again? or meltrandi soldiers?

Regardless, do you have schematics showig the differences in uniform for Kamzin and the regular solider that one can use for modification?

See enclosed pic for Kamjin's color scheme. I don't know if there are any official color guides; there weren't in Perfect Memory.

I may eventually re-release the standard soldier (standing pose.) Not sure about meltrandi though.

If you're refering to the difference in armor between Kamjin's suit and that of the regular officer (brown) basically, it's a matter of color and the helmet. I'll try to find a pic of it tomorrow.

post-632-1220594767_thumb.jpg

See enclosed pic for Kamjin's color scheme. I don't know if there are any official color guides; there weren't in Perfect Memory.

I may eventually re-release the standard soldier (standing pose.) Not sure about meltrandi though.

If you're refering to the difference in armor between Kamjin's suit and that of the regular officer (brown) basically, it's a matter of color and the helmet. I'll try to find a pic of it tomorrow.

Captain,

Count me in for one regular soldier when it re-release.

I would believe Kamjin is noticeable taller than the average soldier though. What's the height difference on both resin soldiers?

The other thing I would like to know is if anyone knows that the DYRL soldiers are the same height that the TV counterparts?

I am wondering that modifying the Cap's soldier to the DYRL scheme is possible with a bit TLC Sculpey modding..

"What's the height difference on both resin soldiers?"

About that much (see pic below.) I wanted him to be taller than the average grunt, but still small enough to realistically fit inside his mech without having to make that mech enormous. Couldn't tell you if the sizes are any different in DYRL, but my gut tells me they aren't. I also think it would be longer and harder to mod an existing figure to the DYRL costume; easier just to do a whole new sculpt.

post-632-1220658497_thumb.jpg