What should I get next?

rifleguy

Hi

I recently started my collection and after having a few toynami mpcs, looking to fnish up my old favorite chacters. I am an old fan of the series and looking for 1/60 scale Rick Hunter, Fokker and Max Sterling. I have found yamato 1/60 Do you remember love? valkyries for $90 for two including shipping. Would the Yamato 1/60s Do You Remember Love? worth it or should I look at something else?

I have the MPC Alphas, Miriyia Sterling and Miriyia's Quedauun(awaiting delivery). I really just want to stick to the original series for the time being. What would you all recommend? One thing I really want is a Valkyrie in the same mold and scale as Jetfire. Any suggestions?

Those old 1/60's are not perfect transformation though, you have to detach and reattach the legs to change to battroid. Still, if you don't mind that, the sales thread have members selling them cheaper sometimes. Most people here would recommend the new 1/60 or the 1/48. Me, I'll wait for the new 1/60.

Those old 1/60's are not perfect transformation though, you have to detach and reattach the legs to change to battroid. Still, if you don't mind that, the sales thread have members selling them cheaper sometimes. Most people here would recommend the new 1/60 or the 1/48. Me, I'll wait for the new 1/60.

Any idea on cost and availability of the perfect 1/60 Yamatos then?

Have you seen the Bandai reissues? They come in the same mold as jetfire but are Macross/Robotech versions of those planes. If you need pics check out the search function here or type in Macross bandai on ebay.

If you want yamato 1/60 vf-1's wait for the second versions to come out. They should be out soon. If you get the old 1/60 yamatos make sure you get them for a cheap price...$90 incl. ship isnt that great of a price...esp. since the first versions seemed to yellow quickly...mine did.

Hi

I recently started my collection and after having a few toynami mpcs, looking to fnish up my old favorite chacters. I am an old fan of the series and looking for 1/60 scale Rick Hunter, Fokker and Max Sterling. I have found yamato 1/60 Do you remember love? valkyries for $90 for two including shipping. Would the Yamato 1/60s Do You Remember Love? worth it or should I look at something else?

I have the MPC Alphas, Miriyia Sterling and Miriyia's Quedauun(awaiting delivery). I really just want to stick to the original series for the time being. What would you all recommend? One thing I really want is a Valkyrie in the same mold and scale as Jetfire. Any suggestions?

Have you seen the Bandai reissues? They come in the same mold as jetfire but are Macross/Robotech versions of those planes. If you need pics check out the search function here or type in Macross bandai on ebay.

If you want yamato 1/60 vf-1's wait for the second versions to come out. They should be out soon. If you get the old 1/60 yamatos make sure you get them for a cheap price...$90 incl. ship isnt that great of a price...esp. since the first versions seemed to yellow quickly...mine did.

I see. So its probably best to grab a Bandai or two until the Yamatos come out.

It all depends on what you want. If you want Bandais either get the cheaper reissues or get it from valk exchange. I think he has has the bandai vf-1a with fastpacks for $88 shipped or something like that but its a preorder. Some people like Bandai...some people like yamatos....some people like 1:48's. It all depends on personal pref.

I see. So its probably best to grab a Bandai or two until the Yamatos come out.

I'm currently waiting for the new 1/60 Ver 2 VF-1S :) it'll be my second valk :) And though I plan to support the new 1/60 Ver 2's, there are those in the 1/60 Ver 1's that I find worth getting. The next one I'll be buying would be the VF-1J Hikaru with GBP. It's a good buy for me as I'll be able to get it from a friend for about $75, and since I'll display it with the GBP Armor, I won't have issues with the transformation. The other two I'll bet from the old Ver 1's are the VE-1 Elientseeker since I'll be displaying it strictly in fighter mode only since AFAIK these valks were rarely used in battroid mode, and the VT-1 Super Ostrich as I'll display it strictly in gerwalk mode. The only bummer I have with the Ver 1 is that I heard that the pilots that came with them are all amputees. Are there customizations that can get around with this?

get 1 x 1/48th Yamato VF-1S Roy + 1 x FPS, and you are set!!! Otherwise, if you dont mind the smaller scale, i guess you could go with the new improved vf-1s roy with fps that will come out soon. However, not sure if that will be perfect, may have some first release flaws. Also, it will be much smaller than a 1/48, and the size of the 1/48 is really intimadating, and nice.

If I were to get only one yamato valk it would have to be either the 1/48 Milia super or the 1/60 VF-0A with Ghost. Of course I do have both of those already. I love them so much! I cant stop staring at them.

Just to get it out of the way...

in (joking) answer to the thread's title question,

"A life!"

"A girl frined."

"A savings account."

"Something more meaningful than a cartoon from the 1980s."

I know that we were all thinking it. It is a jab at myslef too so nothing personal. Just a joke. It was asking for it. Please do not close the thread moderators. I am only joking. (cowers in corner shivering)...

</crazy>

That's it, you did it miriya, you will bare the wrath of the moderators! ;) Hey rifleguy, welcome to MW! I would definitely recommend that you get at least one of the 1/48 VF-1's. Just pick your favorite scheme or character, and voila, you got your collection centerpiece.

That's it, you did it miriya, you will bare the wrath of the moderators! ;) Hey rifleguy, welcome to MW! I would definitely recommend that you get at least one of the 1/48 VF-1's. Just pick your favorite scheme or character, and voila, you got your collection centerpiece.

I appreciate that folks. Another questions is what places you recommend?

Oh one last thing what do you all think of the Yf-21 and Yf-19?

Edited by rifleguy

I appreciate that folks. Another questions is what places you recommend?

Oh one last thing what do you all think of the Yf-21 and Yf-19?

Having owned both (Sold the YF-19 for funds), I'd say they're both awesome. But as a toy, I think the 21 is better. It has the best looking fighter mode between the two my opinion.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Having owned both (Sold the YF-19 for funds), I'd say they're both awesome. But as a toy, I think the 21 is better. It has the best looking fighter mode between the two my opinion.

-Kyp

The YF-21 reminds me so much of the actual YF-23 competitor to the now F-22. Tough decisions ahead.

Well so far I found a couple I could get right now. What you all think? I think I will hold off on the Max and Ben for now. I have a 1/55 Bandai Hiraju (Rick my second favorite character) coming in.

1. VF-0S with booster - I believe that model has the fixes from the VF-0a/s. Yes Roy was my favorite.

2. 1/48 VF-1 Roy Fokker - I don't care if it has Fps or not, I like Roy. Size matters here. I probably will keep searching Ebay and this one may be awhile but one will find its way to my home very soon.

3. SV-51 Nora - For some reason I have mostly chick mecha ( two Miriyas, one Sue Graham and one Rook). I did not plan it that way, go figure. Anyways, Toy-wave is having a sale on Nora SV-51R so it is quite attractive. Its like $157.`

Now these are also being considered but I have some reservations:

1. YF-21 - I love the fighter look but not the biggest fan of the blue. One other thing I notice is the lack of missiles. Guld fired off quite a few at Isamu so I know missiles should be there somewhere. Those of you with 1/60 versions, does it have missiles? Now if a black version was to be produced, I'd be on that like a fat kid with a cupcake.

2. SV-51 Ivanov - having something of a archvillain mech would be nice, love the sinister black color but I am concerned about quality. This is a $200 figure not $70 Aoshima Legioss (I own a Scott Bernard Legoiss and it will need reconstruction).

3. VF-0A - See Ivanov.

4. YF-19 - Anytime I see a thread about fixes that is more than 2 pages long I get nervous. Toy-wave has one for like $150 and the 25th Anniversary a few bucks cheaper.

Right off the bat I can get 3 perhaps 4 immediately after that I will have to wait a little bit.

What would you get?

If three out of those then 1/48 Roy, 1/60 Vf-0Swith booster, and YF-19 with Fp and booster (fixes).

IF only one then from that list I would go 1/60 VF-0S with booster. It is such an elegant design and fun to play with. Just gorgeous thing that is.

If three out of those then 1/48 Roy, 1/60 Vf-0Swith booster, and YF-19 with Fp and booster (fixes).

IF only one then from that list I would go 1/60 VF-0S with booster. It is such an elegant design and fun to play with. Just gorgeous thing that is.

I agree and I do favor the Vf-0A color scheme but I just keep hearing about too many horror stories.

I do already have the three 1/48 heads... VF-1S Fokker, VF-1A Hikaru w/fast pack, VF-1J Hikaru w/GBP Armor and the VF-1A Canon Fodder. Thinking of getting next are the 1/60 valks... My next in-line are, YF-19, VF-0A and VF-0S. Are they worth getting? I know the YF-19 is, but how about the the Zero line are they worth it?

but how about the the Zero line are they worth it?

In my opinion the VF-0S is one of the best looking Valks out there. As long as you get one with the Ghost you will get all the fixes too. I got two of them when they were released and they are rock solid with no QC issues.

Hi

Get the 1/48 scale!!!

In my opinion the VF-0S is one of the best looking Valks out there. As long as you get one with the Ghost you will get all the fixes too. I got two of them when they were released and they are rock solid with no QC issues.

Thanks SQIDD!!! Now my problem is where to find the VF-0S w/ the ghost booster

Thanks SQIDD!!! Now my problem is where to find the VF-0S w/ the ghost booster

I found it at Hobby Link Japan for $185. I have not seen it cheaper but I am still checking a few sites out.

• 3 weeks later...
I found it at Hobby Link Japan for $185. I have not seen it cheaper but I am still checking a few sites out.

I doubt you will find a better price than HLJ unless someone has it on sale for some reason. It is my go to place for my Yamato toys. They are the most reasonable I have found in price and in shipping. Also, they are good because you know the stock status at all times. I believe they keep the most stock compared to most any other website. I have heard that some hobby sites actually use HLJ as their distributor. HLJ is very reliable and has excellent customer service. Just my two cents.

Edit: Yeah! I'm no longer cannon fodder.

Edited by sharky

I doubt you will find a better price than HLJ unless someone has it on sale for some reason. It is my go to place for my Yamato toys. They are the most reasonable I have found in price and in shipping. Also, they are good because you know the stock status at all times. I believe they keep the most stock compared to most any other website. I have heard that some hobby sites actually use HLJ as their distributor. HLJ is very reliable and has excellent customer service. Just my two cents.

Edit: Yeah! I'm no longer cannon fodder.

I go tmy VF-0s with ghost booster from them. It didn't take long to ship either which was a plus. The only drawback is the shipping which is a bit high but no way to get around high shipping when ordering something across the planet.