Macross Blog Summaries

ackem

This is an old post, but it somehow becomes very meaningful lately:

2008-05-31

May 8, 2059

Title: People and connections...

...what does this mean?

How do people form connections?

Take belongings for instance, no matter how many times you lose them they will come back to you.

As for people, no matter how many times they split, they come back as lovers. (I'm not sure of this since some of the kanji and kana are garbled by the encoding)

It feels as if they are drawn back to each other. It is as if they need each other.

Whenever I lose something important, I am only depressed for about a day.

This is part of the "give and take" relationship, and it just means that it's over.

For instance, if I lose a charm, it just means that it becomes someone else's charm.

If it is a person, it just means that they have found a new happiness, or so...

Anyways, just take it! Right?

Recently I was suddenly parted from something very important to me.

I was too busy to fall into a depression over it,

anyways,

I'll take that time today.

Who is writing Sheryl's blog? I might just be in love with you. ^_^

2008-07-10

Title: School Swimsuit.

Up until now I have never had to buy something because it was required before so this is fun.

Would this be called "school teaching materials"?

Yesterday, I got a swimsuit.

In layman's terms, a school swimsuit.

What a fresh design!

More specifically, a swimsuit that covers the waist can be nothing but a direct challenge to a young woman.

If she doesn't have the right look it will immediately show. (I don't know what スットーン means so if anyone would like to offer some help, I'd be awfully grateful)

I tried on some of the available school swimsuits, but none of them fit so I had one custom made.

I was asked, "Do you want your name placed on it before you wear it?"

but...

...name???

It seems that it was to be put on the chest in white embroidery...Huh?

I'm Sheryl Nome!

Even without my name on it, everyone will know who it is.

This idea was just too novel so I rejected it.

Sheryl

July 17, 2059

2008-07-12

Title: What is wrong with my body!?

What is wrong with my body!?

I tripped on the carpet at the entrance of a restaurant. (I'm not sure about this so I would welcome help with the けっつまずく part of the line.)

I couldn't fasten the belt of my bathrobe correctly.

I spilled the coffee that I was trying to hand over.

This all happened today.

Did I just not notice that I'm what people call a clutz...yeah right, that can't be it.

Really, I can't seem to move my body very well.

This sucks.

Could this be part of my biorhythm?

Sheryl

July 23, 2059

2008-07-10

Title: School Swimsuit.

Up until now I have never had to buy something because it was required before so this is fun.

Would this be called "school teaching materials"?

Yesterday, I got a swimsuit.

In layman's terms, a school swimsuit.

What a fresh design!

More specifically, a swimsuit that covers the waist can be nothing but a direct challenge to a young woman.

If she doesn't have the right look it will immediately show. (I don't know what スットーン means so if anyone would like to offer some help, I'd be awfully grateful)

I tried on some of the available school swimsuits, but none of them fit so I had one custom made.

I was asked, "Do you want your name placed on it before you wear it?"

but...

...name???

It seems that it was to be put on the chest in white embroidery...Huh?

I'm Sheryl Nome!

Even without my name on it, everyone will know who it is.

This idea was just too novel so I rejected it.

Sheryl

July 17, 2059

2008-07-12

Title: What is wrong with my body!?

What is wrong with my body!?

I tripped on the carpet at the entrance of a restaurant. (I'm not sure about this so I would welcome help with the けっつまずく part of the line.)

I couldn't fasten the belt of my bathrobe correctly.

I spilled the coffee that I was trying to hand over.

This all happened today.

Did I just not notice that I'm what people call a clutz...yeah right, that can't be it.

Really, I can't seem to move my body very well.

This sucks.

Could this be part of my biorhythm?

Sheryl

July 23, 2059

1st post: ep12, before alto's birthday, before the part at the school pool?

2nd post: sheryl's starting to get sick already? those pills kicked in early. hehe.

This is an old post, but it somehow becomes very meaningful lately:

Who is writing Sheryl's blog? I might just be in love with you. ^_^

you just might be in love with the hory froating head himself. :)

yeah, it's probably him, hunched over in front of his laptop trying to write like a girl. he's surprisingly good at it. those years when he logged in as a female while chatting must have paid off. hehe. :p

you just might be in love with the hory froating head himself. :)

yeah, it's probably him, hunched over in front of his laptop trying to write like a girl. he's surprisingly good at it. those years when he logged in as a female while chatting must have paid off. hehe. :p

TIme to study the credits more carefully. More than likely they're men, although if so I have to say I'm enjoying the blogs. They're entertaining and witty and funny.

I still feel like Sheryl may be really sick minus the pills. She had to be ill be ill before she got whatever Grace was trying to pawn off on her. I'm still wondering about the V-virus, although in a way maybe the little phages we see inside Ranka are those durn v-viruses.

Anyhoo... could Sheryl and her swimsuit anecdote be referring to a stomach? ONe piece suits usually have a way of being unflattering to stomaches.

TIme to study the credits more carefully. More than likely they're men, although if so I have to say I'm enjoying the blogs. They're entertaining and witty and funny.

I still feel like Sheryl may be really sick minus the pills. She had to be ill be ill before she got whatever Grace was trying to pawn off on her. I'm still wondering about the V-virus, although in a way maybe the little phages we see inside Ranka are those durn v-viruses.

Anyhoo... could Sheryl and her swimsuit anecdote be referring to a stomach? ONe piece suits usually have a way of being unflattering to stomaches.

i agree, she was probably sick and grace just took that chance to make it worse. or then again, grace might have been slipping in small doses of the poison in her drinks already, and gave her the heavy doses as meds later on.

yeah, probably the stomach.....gasp. oh my, maybe she's actually already taking potshots at ranka. "hey if you wear a one-piece, that glowing thing in your tummy is more noticeable." :p

i have always enjoyed sheryl's blogs. and i pretty much have the impression that whoever is writing sheryl's lines in the show is the same one writing the blogs. they just sound so... consistent.

Edited by dreamweaver13

2008-07-14

Title: Petite whatever...

Food, environmental conditions,

There are many different types of alergies, right?

Lately, I have come to understand that I have a "petite" alergy.

Understand? "Petite."

Petite tomatoes, petite cosmetic surgery, petite lunches, petite poodles...

Why "petite"? Why "a little"?

Why not just go the allllll the way!!!?

I can love finely detailed beautiful things, but I guess I should stop here with the negative thoughts.

Still, I can't accept things that are made "petite."

But, things that are originally "petite" are fine.

I welcome tiny, adorable things!

Take rice for instance, it's white and small and if you look at it closely it is almost like agate, so I feel it is incredibly cute. (Ok the メノウ and シマシマ kicked my ass in this. I would like to vocalize my incredible hate for all things katakana again.)

Sheryl

February 4, 2059

So sheryl has a thing for Loliklan and is a self professed lolikon? :huh:

:lol:

Well keeping to the facts, she likes tiny things that aren't forced/is natural is all that she's saying. I can see her stabbing a baby tomato with her fork though, complete with a frown. ^_^

Hard to say so far. I don't think Grace would have gone too far overboard to mess up Sheryl's immune system. After all, Grace thought that Sheryl would be dead at the end of episode 13. It's not as if Grace had any long-ranging plans for Sheryl's illness. There may very well be some legitimate exhaustion brought on by Sheryl's juggling work and school, but I doubt there's anything more than that. Besides whatever Grace did, of course.

It's also important to remember that when Sheryl skipped out on the "medication", she appeared to recover almost immediately.

:lol:

Well keeping to the facts, she likes tiny things that aren't forced/is natural is all that she's saying. I can see her stabbing a baby tomato with her fork though, complete with a frown. ^_^

hehe. now i wonder how she'll react when she sees her SD self sick in bed. :p

post-7650-1216112607_thumb.jpg

Has anyone been keeping an eye on Ranka's blog lately? Has it gotten any better?

I just checked it out and it's basically the same as always.

She talks about how people have asked her to talk about her recording sessions in one. In another she was bitten by a flea or something, and this flea was attracted to green moving things. That's right, not only does she have green dog ears, but she has the fleas to go with them :lol: . In the latest one she talks about how she doesn't have time to read lately because of work. She specifically says that she's not talking about novels, but manga. She's been following an online comic, but Ozma gets mad when she reads for too long so she's been secreting reading it at night. Also the title character was her first love.

All in all, Ranka's blog is pretty much as uninteresting as always.

You mean, "Make-up Tips with Bobby"?

:p

Hmm... you could have some fun trying to think up humorously appropriate blog names for the different characters in the series.

I'm guessing Michael's would be "How to Win Friends and Influence Meltrans."

In another she was bitten by a flea or something, and this flea was attracted to green moving things. That's right, not only does she have green dog ears, but she has the fleas to go with them :lol:

:lol: well thanks for the update, anyway.

Me, I wish they would make Bobby's blog. HELLOOOOO, bitchy Frontier gossip! ^_^

:blink:

I honestly think I might stop watching Frontier at that point and just wait for his blog updates...

2007-07-17

Title: You may get to see a new Sheryl.

Today I received an offer to be a model for a show.

The offer is to be the new face of a hot new brand that is on the rise on Frontier, so I'm thinking about it.

I don't really want to be tied to one brand.

But, this brand has me a little excited.

They really have a cool way of thinking.

To change the world through what one wears.

I find this quite wonderful.

To change the private face of person as well as the face that they show to the outside world...

...this is quite an important thing.

If you improve only one of these faces, you upset the balance.

It is about one's self,

what is inside as well as what is outside,

one's spirit as well as one's appearance,

by keeping these things in a constant struggle against each other you can reach new heights.

My excitement has grown as I have written this.

It really makes me want to do it,

this job.

Hmm...

...This might mean that you may get to see a new Sheryl.

Sheryl

April 10, 2059

2008-07-20

Title: The day you first fell in love.

Do you remember the first time you fell in love?

I am not talking about who you fell in love with or the first place when you had a date.

Do you remember the emotions you felt?

I remember them even now.

It is as if a cold, pale cold radio tower were constructed around my heart in an instant.

That tower definitely caught the different emotions and words that I experienced at the time and those things play a huge role when I am writing a song, is what I think.

You have to fall in love.

Sheryl

January 11, 2059

2008-07-20

Title: The day you first fell in love.

Do you remember the first time you fell in love?

I am not talking about who you fell in love with or the first place when you had a date.

Do you remember the emotions you felt?

I remember them even now.

It is as if a cold, pale cold radio tower were constructed around my heart in an instant.

That tower definitely caught the different emotions and words that I experienced at the time and those things play a huge role when I am writing a song, is what I think.

You have to fall in love.

Sheryl

January 11, 2059

wow. radio tower in the heart. that's definitely something new. and i think it works. hehe. :)

First hair growing on her heart, now radio tower implants (is that like... the old Madonna look kind of?)... I can't take all these metaphors!

Being that it's from January though, I'm kind of intrigued as to who Sheryl's ex is...

First hair growing on her heart, now radio tower implants (is that like... the old Madonna look kind of?)... I can't take all these metaphors!

Being that it's from January though, I'm kind of intrigued as to who Sheryl's ex is...

Or if it's an ex or just someone she loved... and didn't get :)

yup. and my bet's on that other singer she mentioned that visited the Galaxy a few years back! the one she sang Diamond Crevasse for. ;)

Mylene Jenius?

Makes me wonder if one the sites of her tour is Macross 7.

Galaxy Anonymous will probably write it off as a target as one Nekki Basara lives there and have competent military and civilian leaders.

Could be Basara himself but maybe it's just a 'nobody' like Alice Holiday... or one of the ex-Jamming Birds :blink:

I kind of misread that entry to imply she had gone on a date with said person but hrm... the plot thickens...

As long as it doesn't somehow end up she fell for

Brera

at some point... that would be so random and out of left field I could almost see it happen...

Brera swoops in and steals both of Alto's girls away...

edit: spoilered just in case I somehow end up being right

Edited by stray

Could be Basara himself but maybe it's just a 'nobody' like Alice Holiday... or one of the ex-Jamming Birds :blink:

I kind of misread that entry to imply she had gone on a date with said person but hrm... the plot thickens...

As long as it doesn't somehow end up she fell for

Brera

at some point... that would be so random and out of left field I could almost see it happen...

Brera swoops in and steals both of Alto's girls away...

edit: spoilered just in case I somehow end up being right

Ouji-sama VS Hime-sama?