Macross Blog Summaries

ackem

Is she on drugs or something?

Someone mentioned "hair on the heart", which is apparently a saying of some sort that she'd never heard (nor have I). She took the comment to really mean that hair could grow on your heart (which would be some kind of negative medical condition) at the time, and apparently the person who mentioned it to her didn't correct her as to what it really meant. She only found out later that it was a saying and not a real thing.

As a result, she's angry at the individual and is going to get back at them in some way.

Someone mentioned "hair on the heart", which is apparently a saying of some sort that she'd never heard (nor have I). She took the comment to really mean that hair could grow on your heart (which would be some kind of negative medical condition) at the time, and apparently the person who mentioned it to her didn't correct her as to what it really meant. She only found out later that it was a saying and not a real thing.

As a result, she's angry at the individual and is going to get back at them in some way.

Oh, that's funny then :lol: If I were there, I would have told Sheryl, "You know, the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary." She would probably have been one of those who would really pick up a dictionary to check, and then she'd swear she'd kill me when she figures it out :lol:

Edited by mike_s_6

Oh, that's funny then :lol: If I were there, I would have told Sheryl, "You know, the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary." She would probably have been one of those who would really pick up a dictionary to check, and then she'd swear she'd kill me when she figures it out :lol:

Well I figure she's not so much gullible as she is just aware of how much she doesn't know. She is pretty smart and shrewd after all. Ranka was told that you can make a cucumber taste like "apple mango" if you put a little salt on it. This was told to her by a "friend" and dated in February of the show's timeline. I guess Michel struck again when he fooled Sheryl. :lol:

huh? it isn't? :blink: no way! i'll check!! :p

Well I figure she's not so much gullible as she is just aware of how much she doesn't know. She is pretty smart and shrewd after all. Ranka was told that you can make a cucumber taste like "apple mango" if you put a little salt on it. This was told to her by a "friend" and dated in February of the show's timeline. I guess Michel struck again when he fooled Sheryl. :lol:

I was just kidding, I know Sheryl is pretty smart, I've posted about it before, just poking fun at the blog post :lol:

2008-07-03

Title: How do you look when you sleep? (They are actually asking "What do you wear when you sleep?" but Sheryl interprets it as being this.)

During a recent magazine interview I was asked a really strange question.

How do you look when you sleep?

Strange. Don't you think?

Are you interested in how I look when I sleep?

Anyways,

I just laughed and said that I usually look like the 大 character when I sleep.

Do people not normally sleep this way? Like a 大 character that is.

Sheryl

January 7, 2059

gotta love that girl. her perspective is so refreshing.

no wonder there's at least 5 avatars of sheryl on this page and 4 in succession right before this post.

Actually, as of this post, all we've have on the previous are Sheryl avatars. ^_^

Edited by d3v

party pooper! i ought to shoot down that valk of yours with slingshot panties! :p:lol:

anyway, that blog entry got me thinking about this interview i read of a hollywood actress who also had rather surprising answers to everyday stuff. can't remember who it was though.

in any case, that lead to another thought about who could portray sheryl in a live action movie. audrey tatou because she's quirky and she's french? not sure she looks close enough to sheryl though...

well, i don't want to hijack this thread so that's just my 2c. maybe someone will create a thread later on this and perhaps other characters.

Edited by Major Focker

you better brush up on those bra, er...., brera dodge moves then :lol:

anyway, next blog entry pretty please? ^_^

Oh alright. You'll have to stomach a rough one, since I'm too lazy to polish it up :p

also my browser seems to have issues (or does anyone else see it too?) with this particular entry:

I feel kinda sluggish...

Theme: Blog.

What is "Being busy?"

"Being busy" is a favourite saying, aint it?

That and people asking "busy lately?"

What gives?

Why would they want to ask something like that?

As if I weren't busy, would they go

"Hah! serves you right!" or something like that?

Do they think that "being busy"

constitutes a great person?

This is a question that measures differently for each person, isn't it?

Even if someone has only one thing to do a given day

wether he is "busy" or "not busy" is up to how that person

feels, his ability to manage his time and ability to cope with it.

It's one the boring subjects that

pops up during conversations between people.

"being busy"... pfft.

That's why I will never tell them

wether Sheryl Nome is busy or not.

I'll answer with a smile "Don't worry! Everything is like usual."

Well, if I spend too much time "like usual",

I'll start too lose track of my body's inner voice.

(then there's a line that appears kinda corrupt, wondering if my browser's acting up)

... makes you feel kinda sluggish, doesn't it.

My whole body.

Is it because I slept nude?

I'll go to the beauty-parlor this afternoon.

(Again two corrupted lines, but they more than likely say "Sheryl" and the date of this blog entry)

whoa! whoa! whoa! sheryl sleeps in the buff????!!! <wipes drool>

i wonder if this entry stems from the pool scene where she was asked why she seems to have had a lot of free time lately, presumably from reduced number of gigs.

edit: oh, btw thanks for that new entry. i was understandably distracted her sleeping habits.

Edited by Major Focker

2008-07-04

Title: I feel lethargic...

What does it mean to be busy?

There are people who's favorite saying is "I'm busy," right?

And of course there are people who ask "Have you been busy lately?"

What is with that?

Why are they asking such a thing?

If someone answers that they are not busy, do these people secretly think, "Serves you right," or something?

Do they feel the person that sends people off to their "busy" days is admirable?

These types of people have something wrong with their points of references.

Even if someone has only a minor amount of work each day, the question of whether they are "busy" or "not busy" depends on how they feel, their time management abilities, and their ability to deal with situations.

Even for a conversation with other people, this is one of the silly subjects. "I'm busy." Really...

That's why I won't let them know. Whether Sheryl Nome is busy or not busy, that is.

My answer is to smile and say, "Do not worthy, it is the same as always."

But if it is the "same as always" all the time, I end up not being able to hear what my body is telling me.

(I need some help here since Windows garbles up the entire line between 自分の体の声に気付かなくなるってこともあるけど and …………な~んかダルイのよね. If anyone can let me know what it says, I'd appreciate it. I wonder if it can be copy and pasted correctly by people who can actually see it...)

.......you know, I'm feeling lethargic.

Throughout my entire body.

I wonder if it is because I slept without any clothes on last night.

I will go to "Este" this afternoon.

Sheryl

(Windows garbles up Sheryl's name and date so if someone could tell me what it is I'd appreciate it.)

Heh, didn't know it was already done. Oh well. Was really hoping someone would be able to tell me what those lines were though...

Edited by ackem

Hmm, all I get is some weird Kanji.

I must say though, this is quite distracting.

Yeah, it still shows up corrupted. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to translate it ^_^ . Although if someone would be so kind as to retype it in Japanese, I would be quite happy. :lol:

I wonder if she made that "busy" post because Grace is missing...

or is it a reaction to being less busy these days, since ranka's getting a lot of projects. particularly to alto's statement that she hasn't been too busy lately. can anyone tell from the blog entry dates?

by the way... love the new avatar! :D

or is it a reaction to being less busy these days, since ranka's getting a lot of projects. particularly to alto's statement that she hasn't been too busy lately. can anyone tell from the blog entry dates?

I figure it is in response to how Alto was making fun of how she seemed have a lot of free time in episode 11. :lol:

I figure it is in response to how Alto was making fun of how she seemed have a lot of free time in episode 11. :lol:

Does that mean that the sleeping in the buff comment was to provide him with more things to use at night?

Ooh, that's a nice take, she might be less busy. Perhaps it's a big deal for performers to be busy or not (that means you get gigs or not).

About the avatar, I tried to make one myself when the episode aired but the video I had was terrible in quality and I quit... but I found that this person also did it, and she said it's free for use so I asked for her permission and voila :p I think Westlo took the one where Sheryl is putting her glasses on and off.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...mp;postcount=90

Ooh, that's a nice take, she might be less busy. Perhaps it's a big deal for performers to be busy or not (that means you get gigs or not).

About the avatar, I tried to make one myself when the episode aired but the video I had was terrible in quality and I quit... but I found that this person also did it, and she said it's free for use so I asked for her permission and voila :p I think Westlo took the one where Sheryl is putting her glasses on and off.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...mp;postcount=90

great find! thanks for the link. :)

won't bother to use the others as my avatar though, you got the best one, dammit. :p

pretty sure it bothered her that she got less gigs coz of ranka. but not to the point that she regrets having helped ranka, i think. not yet, at least. ^_^

2008-07-08

Title: It is for me to decide.

I hate direction arrows.

Don't they seem somewhat self-important?

Telling me to go that way and this way.

I should get to decide which way to go for myself.

You too.

Don't be subservient to predestined direction arrows that just appear in front of you.

Sheryl

June ??, 2059