Violence Jack (1986)

Area88

4894.jpg

The first and the best episode of Violence Jack from 1986 is now available. Encoded from the R2J DVD and fansubbed with a proper english translation make it the best version available.

Download the episode below (torrent is faster):

Violence Jack (1986) - Torrent

Violence Jack (1986) - Part 1 - Direct Download

Violence Jack (1986) - Part 2 - Direct Download

This is a classic, amazing character designs with a funky high pitched electonic score, lots of violence, sex etc.

Screen caps coming soon, feedback and discussion encouraged.

Edited by Area88

Here is the first and the best episode of Violence Jack from 1986.

(Encoded from the R2J DVD and fansubbed with a proper english translation making it the only decent version on the net)

1.jpg

Violence Jack (1986) - Part 1 - Direct Download

Violence Jack (1986) - Part 2[- Direct Download

Violence Jack - Torrent (Needs seeders, please help)

This is a classic, amazing character designs with a funky high pitched electonic score, lots of violence, sex etc.

Screen caps coming soon, feedback and discussion encouraged.

Thank you for the links; much appreciated! ^_^

Glad everyone enjoyed this, our very small fansub group is still 100% dedicated to releasing the best and most obscure OVA's of the 80's. We consider the first OVA of Violence Jack to defintly be up there,

Describing it is as a a more extreme hokuto no ken (fist of north star) clone is a perfect description. It's got everything with more graphic violence, raunchier scenes, even the animation is very high end for 1986.

Our group won't be subbing episodes 2 and 3 though since we are currently working on another Go Nagi anime called Fandora.

Edited by Area88

Yes. Great stuff. There's something about this old school anime. Like, is it just me, or is current anime oversaturated... kinda of like bad rappers and R&B artists of today...?

And, is this a Fist of the North Star knock off? What's the deal?

Danth, Episodes 2 (1988) and 3 (1990) are good but came much later and therefore have little resemblance to the original in terms of animation, music and plot. The original episode provided here from 1986 is self contained and by far the best imo, the others just didn't need to be made.

Agreed, fifbeat, old school (80's) is great because it was just so radical, daring and ambitious for it's time.

Violence Jack isn't a knock off to Fist of North Star, just has a similiar feel to it. Violence Jack manga came out in 1973 while the Fist of the North Star's manga came out in 1983. Violence Jack probaly influenced the creator of Fist of the North Star, while ironically the style that TV series was made in, probaly influenced the style the OVA used.

Edited by Area88

Correct me if i am wrong but itsn't Violence Jack a part of Devilman cannon? I believe it is the time after the demons took over the world and Satan imprisioned himself in a human body again to pay for his sins.

Violence Jack can be considered to be a sequel of Devilman. The world was destroyed in the battle between Devilman and Satan. Satan was saddened after having killed Devilman. He decided that the world should not have ended that way and created the world of before the Apocalypse. He then turned himself into the most vile of creatures (a mute and limbless wretch) and created the Slum King to torment him.

Violence Jack is one of Go Nagai's longest works. The manga is nine volumes with over 900 pages each. There are various appearances by characters from Go Nagai's other works from Cutey Honey to Mazinger Z to Devilman.

Violence Jack is also his most controversial work. His editors pleaded with him to end this manga because they feared the reaction from the PTA, but Go Nagai did not buckle. In a world where the only law is that the strong rule over the weak, it is necessary to have a large amount of violence and cruelty to properly represent that world.

According to this information your right, although how true it is I don't know. There's no reference to this in any of the anime adaptations but then Violence Jack is portrayed as an enigma so we know little about his past.

Spt Layzner got put on hiatus due to time constraints and technical difficulties. Episode 7 was finished about 7 months ago but a problem with hard drive meant it got deleted. :(

I've tried to pass on Spt Laynzer on to other groups but no one wants it. I'll try to get the project started up again, I did promise the animsuki crowd I would. Probaly be over the summer.

Spt Layzner got put on hiatus due to time constraints and technical difficulties. Episode 7 was finished about 7 months ago but a problem with hard drive meant it got deleted. :(

I've tried to pass on Spt Laynzer on to other groups but no one wants it. I'll try to get the project started up again, I did promise the animsuki crowd I would. Probaly be over the summer.

Oh cool, are you directly related to the animeclassics blog or the projects they have? Thanks so much for introducing that site to me. I've downloaded everything on that site in the past few days. Hopeing I can get the KOR Jump Special now but I can't seem to connect to any seeds.

These animes made me smile more than I have in a very long time. Just pure feelings of joy watching Campus Special Investigator Hikaruon and Del Power X.

Our group won't be subbing episodes 2 and 3 though since we are currently working on another Go Nagi anime called Fandora.

Wasn't it Kentai Films who did Violence Jack Part 1 with the official Critical Mass subs? Has he said he won't do the other episodes? In any case, I'll be looking forward to Fandora 1-3. Did you ever track down the pretty rare dubbed version of Fandora episode 1 to assist with the subs? I've heard horror stories about it, but I'd much rather hear it for myself! :)

I am the creator of both, the website and the fansub group. The website which spawned the group, has been on hiatus for too long now, I plan to revamp it with more reviews soon and maybe a forum with other featurs as well. Glad people are still using. Thanks for showing your appreciation ComicKaze, postive and negative feedback is always welcome.

Only episode 1 of Fandora has been translated, the translator I borrowed from another group has moved back to his original group's projects. I may be able to convince him to do episode 2 in the future but it could be as much as 6 months away. Don't worry we will persue other projects in the mean time.

Good news for Spt Layzner, project is being started back up. Episode 9 is done, just need to go back and redo episodes 7-8, may take several weeks. Hopefully we can batch all the episodes together and release them as Spt Layzner episodes 1-9 on animesuki.

Violence Jack is our own version although we did use Kentai's R2J dvd raw for our release.