Macross Frontier Girls...

miriya

THIS IS NOW THE SO FAR POLL. A FINAL POLL WILL BE PUT UP AT THE END OF THE SEASON.  

133 members have voted

1. 1. This Frontier Girl is my favorite so far....

• Ranka Lee
    • Sheryl Nome
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Kanaria Berstein
    • Klan Klan
    • Nene Rora
    • Raramia Rerenia
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Ram Hoa
    • Cathy Glass
    • Grace O'Connor
    • All of the above one at a time until I find the one I like
    • All the Zentraedi Babes at once!
    • None of the above.
    • Dude these are cartoon characters. You guys are sick!
    • Not sure yet.

I don't get it :)

Sheryl is winning this poll instead of Ranka, Minmey won the "SECOND best singer" instead of Bassara (and no, Bassara didn't even come in second, aka third!)... Boo hoo :( I'm in the minority - as usual! What a curse :)

VFTF1

I don't get it :)

Sheryl is winning this poll instead of Ranka, Minmey won the "SECOND best singer" instead of Bassara (and no, Bassara didn't even come in second, aka third!)... Boo hoo :( I'm in the minority - as usual! What a curse :)

VFTF1

Don't feel bad...on the list of Macross singers, Basara ranks pretty high on my list...WAY higher than the Milky Dolls, Wendy Ryder, Flaschakaya, Bamboo-Road Express, Lark Skybeauty, Panther, the Daniel Akkerman Orchestra, or even Canary Minmay! ;)

Don't feel bad...on the list of Macross singers, Basara ranks pretty high on my list...WAY higher than the Milky Dolls, Wendy Ryder, Flaschakaya, Bamboo-Road Express, Lark Skybeauty, Panther, the Daniel Akkerman Orchestra, or even Canary Minmay! ;)

the Daniel Akkerman Orchestra? :blink:

And I actually liked the music selection from the galaxy network chart artists...

the Daniel Akkerman Orchestra? :blink:

And I actually liked the music selection from the galaxy network chart artists...

According to the liner notes of the first Galaxy Network Chart album, the Daniel Akkerman Orchestra were on the charts with a song provocatively titled "Mark Twain's Lovers." I'm assuming it's an in-joke of some sort, but (unlike another singer listed on the chart, "Tomo Cherry Spring") I don't get it at all.

And I like a lot of it, too...although I don't know where a lot of the "Volume Two" music comes from...is it from the "Galaxy Song Batle" albums?

Maybe we need a poll on when the poll should be renewed? :)

You can't vote if you don't know the characters, so this poll is for episodes 1-5, the next one will be after episode 10.

Btw, I voted for Klan. When she is giant she seems like the silent type, I like it.

FV

I should like to say something about Klan Klan:

When she is giant - she has no character. You can call it "the silent type" - I call it the - "I have no character beyond just being a 50 foot woman who pilots a Quud Rau and therefore elicits memories of Milia"...

Maybe this will change- but thus far it hasn't.

As a Myclone - however- Klan Klan shines because she is good comic relief.

What I'm wondering is whether Klan Klan is meant to be a one trick pony - and we've just seen her trick - or whether this character will get developed?

Canaria is rather real "silent type" - she's been around and we've actually seen she DOES stuff - just doesn't really talk much...

But I'm not being down on Klan Klan - they just haven't developed her yet...

VFTF1

I should like to say something about Klan Klan:

Yeah right, when Klan bestowes you the urge to speak about her, you TAKE it and you LIKE it! :ph34r:

When she is giant - she has no character. You can call it "the silent type" - I call it the - "I have no character beyond just being a 50 foot woman who pilots a Quud Rau and therefore elicits memories of Milia"...

She has a character. When she commanded her wingmen she was helpful without being overprotective. When she attacked the Vajra she was competent. When she strolled alone in the mall she showed confidence very unlike puny flockers. When she already knew what makes people tick she showed she got her things right. This is a by-the-book kick-ass silent type for my part B))

FV

She has a character. When she commanded her wingmen she was helpful without being overprotective. When she attacked the Vajra she was competent. When she strolled alone in the mall she showed confidence very unlike puny flockers. When she already knew what makes people tick she showed she got her things right. This is a by-the-book kick-ass silent type for my part cool.gif

Well, this kind of stuff is of course hard to gauge. We all have our particular sensitivies. One man's love is another's "huh? her? doood you're kidding!"...

The way I see it:

1. She didn't so much as "command" her wingman, as shriek her name in utter surprise when rookie Alto glued himself to her and then tagged her not once, but twice. Some "helpful" commander. She was as dubt-founded as her subordinate - so she clearly did not know how to deal with a situation that was unexpected - aka the rookie being an ace. :)

2. "When she attacked the Vajra, she was competent." This sounds like a politician talking. When she attacked the Vajra she was stunned that it survived her missile attack (but the Vajra showed in episode 1 that it was impervious to these kinds of attacks when NUNS tried it - do NUNS not swap battle assesment info with SMS? Does SMS not have its' own battle assesment?) In any case - Klan Klan might as well have fired paint balls at ol' Lobster - to little effect. Sure, she didn't get herself killed - which is of course competent... but competent is not ace and superior - like Alto - who demonstrated the same knack for not getting himself killed as Klan Klan - but also was able to arm himself without anyone's help - good job Alto. Alto

3. When did Klan Klan "stroll" into the mall? She was standing around when Michael noticed her while riding up the stairs with Ranka... Speaking of which - she was dressed terribly! That brownish uniform looked like something a Cannon Fodder VF-1A was wearing and loaned to Klan Klan. The sweat-band - or whatever it was on her head - just didn't sit right. But generally that flavor of brown is totally not fitting for her. Plus - I would say the "puny flokkers" had far more confidence than Klan Klan since you need to be pretty confident to stroll around with giants all over the place than the other way around :)

4. We don't know for sure that she knew what made people tick. She said it was "obvious" - but only Sheryl managed to put it into words - and Klan Klan was admiringly acknowledging that SHERYL "got things right." :)

I'm not saying I don't like Klan Klan - I do. She's fun. The Micylone bit is really entertaining and fun - and of course she's competent and probably an ace flier and a great commander and a fun girl...

It's just we haven't really seen that much of her or learned much about her. She's not "silent" - I think - I think she's underdeveloped :)

VFTF1

It's just we haven't really seen that much of her or learned much about her. She's not "silent" - I think - I think she's underdeveloped :)

I think she's only underdeveloped in Mic-lolicone form...

Oh you meant as a character. :lol:

Well, my vote goes to Grace - we all need more Grace in our lives! Talk about an under-appreciated character - where would Sheryl be without her anyway? huh? huh? :lol: I was kind of tempted to vote for Cathy but the fact that she puts up with that Leon creep knocks her down a few notches for me. As for Sheryl, while I like her a lot, I don't know if I would be enough of a good sport to deal with her on a daily basis - though it looks as if it's worth the effort after ep:5. Ranka is very likeable, but waaay too young.

I was kind of tempted to vote for Cathy but the fact that she puts up with that Leon creep knocks her down a few notches

"puts up with is an understatement" - I mean; I hope Cathy is actually attracted to him at least since she's sleeping with him! :) You can "put up" with someone for being rude, obnoxious, having bad breath - but I think "oh, he wants to sleep with me again - oh well, I'll put up with it!" is reaaally stretching it:)

But on this note: it is a valid question to raise - I mean...what does she see in him?

I'm thinking Cathy is comparing Leon to Ozma - they're diametrically opposed. Leon is a suck up; but he's also a realist - and women go for the "I'll give you security" type more than the passionate guy who because of his passion is always in danger and potentially endangering his loved ones.

And Cathy is no Misa Hayese in terms of psychological strength. I mean - she has MAJOR wobbly knees. Misa was willing to LITERALLY die in Boldoza's hands and would have if Hikaru hadn't volunteered to kiss her. Cathy feints when the Vajra in the fish tank wakes up.

So maybe - maybe she really is sheltered and is accustomed to the perks of her dad's power and privilage, but doesn't actually want to be anywhere near real danger.

She'd rather go after kids like Alto than take any assignments with real risk attached to them. I imagine this type of woman was atttracted to the good looking and rugged Ozma - but at the same time hoped that Ozma would "get out of the field" - take a military job as a high ranking desk jocky and go to high flung parties to swagger and be "official like." When it turned out Ozma wanted to be with the grunts instead of being a REMF - she dumped him for a man like Leon - a guy who has the uniform and stature but is far from the danger.

That and Cathy was obviously jealous of little baby Ranka - and that Ozma was so caring for her.....

Cathy sucks. Weak woman.

VFTF1

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm beginning to get that slight vibe that maybe you might perhaps possibly not be a big fan of hers....more understatement :lol:

Anyway, like I said, there are reasons why I didn't vote for her but it certainly isn't for a lack of looks. I don't know about you, but it wouldn't be the first time that I'm amazed by what some people will "put up with" but that's life sometimes.

NSFW http://www.mco.ne.jp/~yui1107/clane0512.jpg

Macross world Topic

I hope "klane klane" 1/48 rejin model.

Edited by yui1107
No graphic or vulgar descriptions/depictions of sex or sexual content.

Judging from the sculpt, the bikini is optional then? :D

Oh...so this is where the expression: "Her swimsuit was so tight, it looks like it was just painted on." comes from. :lol:

I'd so buy that if she had clothes to wear.

I'd so buy that is she had feet ....

But seriously -

Yes- artistically that is a very very very good sculpt! Congrats.

But it also goes to the heart of the point I'm trying to make with Klan Klan - she has had no character development - she's just a poster girl with a one trick pony gimmick (Miclonized Loli).

You can see it in the sculpt - the sculpt just says "I'm Klan Klan! A fifty foot gorgeous playbunny!" - nothing else. And that's not a criticism leveled at the sculpt or its' maker - because the maker had nothing else to go off f from the anime then just that simple character archetype that has formed for her.

VFTF1

Okay I use NSFW tag, you can link to image URL with NSFW warning. but dilect view has been prohibited in this forum. Edited by yui1107