Dreamworks goes for GITS

Mr March

So you're one of those people who hated Transformers just because it was directed by him. :rolleyes:

Well, there is some truth in that. It would be great if actually directed these properties he gets. I only say that because he is a great director, but hardly directs anymore. Imagine if he actually did do this one. I liked the Transformers film and I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but I would have liked to have seen what he could have done with it.

Edited by GogDog

Spielberg does good stuff.

Good is probably a strong word for the films he puts out. They're passable, but he's a horribly overrated director that has had his hand in way too much crap to get much respect from me.

As for him producing it being a bad thing (>Exo<) and using Transformers as an example, he also produced Band of Brothers which is probably the greatest war film/series/whatever ever, so...

So, the big question still stands: Who should play Motoko? I still think Kelly Hu has the right looks but acting skills? Hmm. OTOH, Motoko doesn't say a lot in Oshii's brooding vision. :-D

For the love of God, anyone but Kelly Hu. She has the bods but not the suitable face for Mokoto - her slit eyes are off and her chin gives out HUGE radar signature! Mokoto should be stealthy but Kelly Hu's chin is not. They should try someone like Fann Wong, then paste her face over Kelly's body. :lol:

Good is probably a strong word for the films he puts out. They're passable, but he's a horribly overrated director that has had his hand in way too much crap to get much respect from me.

As for him producing it being a bad thing (>Exo<) and using Transformers as an example, he also produced Band of Brothers which is probably the greatest war film/series/whatever ever, so...

Passable. LOL. :wacko:

Passable. LOL. :wacko:

C'mon now...Munich could have benifited from some more car chases, a'la Bad Boys II. And War of the Worlds could really have used a plucky, comic-relief sidekick. And wtf was with the color timing in Schindlers List? Way to screw the pooch there, Steve-O.

C'mon now...Munich could have benifited from some more car chases, a'la Bad Boys II. And War of the Worlds could really have used a plucky, comic-relief sidekick. And wtf was with the color timing in Schindlers List? Way to screw the pooch there, Steve-O.

seriously, and Jaws? WTF, why is that scary, it's just a fish, just stay out of the water lol.

Maybe optioning rights to popular anime is like the collecting baseball cards among the Hollywood rich and famous.

They're not actually going to do anything with the rights, it's just for bragging rights.

Tobey Maguire - Hey Leo, I just optioned Robotech...

Leonardo Di Caprio - oh yeah, Tobey? I acquired Akira yesterday

Tobey - damn, I hear Spielberg got the rights to GITS

Leonardo - that just leaves.....

both - NINJA SCROLL

Leonardo - I ran into Ashton Kutcher the other day. He told me he bought the rights to Naruto....What a Loser. Doesn't he know that Ninja Scroll is far superior Japanimation compared to Naruto.

Tobey - Actually, I hear it was Demi's idea.

Leo - Hey you want to hop in our eco-friendly electric cars and go to pinkberry and then go do some pilates?

:lol: