1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Cockpit Resculpt

Graham

Guys, the new December 2003 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine has some good pics of the upcoming 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Super Valk, including a pic with the canopy open.

It looks like the cockpit interior has received at least a partial resculpt. The seat headrest seems to have been resculpted and Hikaru now has a joystick between his legs (no lewd coments please)! However, the rest of the cockpit interior seems to be identical to the DYRL Valks. I'm a bit disappointed that they did not add the TV version HUD :(

The TV Hikaru pilot looks like nicely sculpted. His right hand is on the central joystick and his left fist hand positioned horizontally as if holding the throttle on the left side of the cockpit. I can't tell from the photos if he is made of ABS plastic or the rubber-like material like the Low Vis pilot.

I'll try to scan the pics tonight , but don't count on it, as tearing myself away from the new Macross PS2 game will be very difficult :)

Graham

Thanks for the news Graham.

Is good to see Yamato keps improving his 1/48 line.

Stop playing Graham and get those pictures scanned, please send the Toonz designs to your friend! remember, short sleeve, Black, poli desing numer 1. heh heh

I wanna see the pics! you know your thread worth nothing without pics!!!

I'll try to scan the pics tonight , but don't count on it, as tearing myself away from the new Macross PS2 game will be very difficult :)

Graham

There's a new Macross PS2 game?!? :o

I must be a relative of Rip Van Winkle cuz I definitely missed that one :huh:

Thanks for the newz Graham, Got any more from Yamato?

Wow, I really want to see pics. The Hikaru 1J will be my first 1/48 so I'd like to see any differences (aside from the head and hands) from the older 1/48's.

So do I :D

Hikaru 1J will be my 2nd 1/48 ( 1st is Focker 1S ) :lol:

Heh, heh, ended up playing the Macross PS2 game until midnight last night, was too tired to scan pic, went to bed and watched some of the Animego Macross DVDs, fell asleep.

Will try to scan it tonight (Tuesday), but I have a business dinner so might get home late and drunk.

Tomorrow night (Wednesday) is my birthday and my wife is taking me out for dinner, so won't be able to scan it then.

Thursday night, I have my Arnis class and usually don't get home until mdnight, so will be too tired then.

Worst case, I will scan the pic Friday night. :)

Graham

Heh, heh, ended up playing the Macross PS2 game until midnight last night, was too tired to scan pic, went to bed and watched some of the Animego Macross DVDs, fell asleep.

Will try to scan it tonight (Tuesday), but I have a business dinner so might get home late and drunk.

Tomorrow night (Wednesday) is my birthday and my wife is taking me out for dinner, so won't be able to scan it then.

Thursday night, I have my Arnis class and usually don't get home until mdnight, so will be too tired then.

Graham

meh, f*ck it. the pics can wait. have a great birthday.

Graham

Haha that is funny you make everybody wait in anticipation like that. Till friday...... :p

how long does it take you to scan? 3 hours?

you enjoy making us wait...eh? <_<

Nah, probably takes about 30 minutes from start-up to shut-down. My home PC is old, worn and tired. But still, that's 30 minutes I could be playing the PS2 game, hah! :p

Plus it takes time to wake up the hamster that runs the treadmill which powers my PC. He's old and fat and doesn't run very fast these days. You think I'm joking, don't you? :ph34r:

Graham

how long does it take you to scan? 3 hours?

you enjoy making us wait...eh? <_<

Nah, probably takes about 30 minutes from start-up to shut-down. My home PC is old, worn and tired. But still, that's 30 minutes I could be playing the PS2 game, hah! :p

Plus it takes time to wake up the hamster that runs the treadmill which powers my PC. He's old and fat and doesn't run very fast these days. You think I'm joking, don't you? :ph34r:

Graham

you win.... :unsure::blink::ph34r:

here I am sittin in a shang hai internet cafe on some god awfully slow internet connection HOPING I'd see the pics. oh well, guess I'll have to go to sebastians office tomorrow and just hog the PC. :p j/k Sebas...I won't hog it...I promise to share...for about 10 minutes. *inserts evil eye smilie if I could find it* :unsure:

Damn Sony and its playstation!!!

I thought that Graham in holidays, with familiar compromises or outer space, since we didn't hear anything new about yamato and its upcoming toys (1/72 line, yf-19 FP, 1/60 line, 1/48....), or anything!

And the reason was... that game! :(

Well, maese Graham, I'm going to forget your birthday (too much busy @ work), so... happy birthday!! B)) I hope your wife and relatives give you a big bunch of Yamatos!!! :lol:

regards,

Manu

We see here again that Yamato did not improve the quality of their stickers...

Takatoy, please be ready for the release, I'm buying for sure...

I like the new cockpit, is there any mention about the material used for the pilot, I knda like the rubber they used for the low viz pilot.

Edited by Montarvillois