Custom 1/48 Boxes?

Kicker773

Just thought i'd ask where I can find someone to commission for a custom 1/48 boxes for my VF1D's. I"m running out of display room and would like to put them in a custom box. I've seen 1/55 custom boxes, but not sure who and where to get them. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

kicker773

what were the custom boxes like? (1/55's)

I want to do up a proper 1/48 custom box for my custom scheme Valk... i was thinking of a wood box, with slots for strike and fp. and missile ordnance...

Would wood be bad for the plastic? Of course i'd line the wooden slots/frame with red felt or something smooth like that to protect and not let the plastic come in contact with the wood.

what were the custom boxes like? (1/55's)

I want to do up a proper 1/48 custom box for my custom scheme Valk... i was thinking of a wood box, with slots for strike and fp. and missile ordnance...

Would wood be bad for the plastic? Of course i'd line the wooden slots/frame with red felt or something smooth like that to protect and not let the plastic come in contact with the wood.

Damn aussie...that would be one really cool box. I would love to see it if you get one done.

i wouldn't go as far as wood. Heavy and more work for making slots/frame.. using the plastic trays would be ok for me .. just the artbox

I may be up for a shot at that. I am a graphic designer. If you have something in mind then PM me about the type of style that you are looking for, the types of imagery that you want and pallet. If you are open to ideas then still PM me and let me know if you want me to do some mock ups!

I suppose your looking at making something that is in keeping with the existing Yamato boxes but with you own art on it. Local to me is a box carton printers. You can get limited runs done by them to any carton design and card type etc. Obviously the price goes down according to numbers but I know they do prototype stuff so small or one off runs are o.k. I'm sure that theres gonna be someone like that local to you.

pretty cool. :D

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie. I think it will be a fun project. Kicker773 mentioned art inside the flap too so with that, the cover, the sides, the back, there should be lots of cool looking stuff. WIP for sure.

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie. I think it will be a fun project. Kicker773 mentioned art inside the flap too so with that, the cover, the sides, the back, there should be lots of cool looking stuff. WIP for sure.

What i could do is do up the wooden frame and commission you to do up the cardboard art thinghy that slides around the box. Would be lurvvvely. My box wouldn't be the same size as an Yamato box, no way, it will be just big enough to fit everything in.

Really want to see your custom box Kicker773. :D Soon everyone will want to have a custom box. :p Yamato's suck so bad, who the hell would want to display it in the box with such bland display. No effort! Atleast with Bandai's Macross F license we will get better boxes at last. Yamato might actually listen.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

What i could do is do up the wooden frame and commission you to do up the cardboard art thinghy that slides around the box. Would be lurvvvely. My box wouldn't be the same size as an Yamato box, no way, it will be just big enough to fit everything in.

Really want to see your custom box Kicker773. :D Soon everyone will want to have a custom box. :p Yamato's suck so bad, who the hell would want to display it in the box with such bland display. No effort! Atleast with Bandai's Macross F license we will get better boxes at last. Yamato might actually listen.

That sounds cool.

miriya,

I hate YOU, and your damn artistic talent!!! But, on the other hand...that mock up of yours is FA FA FA FANTASTIC!!! Dude, if I would of known you had any talent...we would have been friends long before now. :p But seriously now...That really looks great. Do you think you could do a REALLY cool one for a Reissue Bandai 1/55 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Set? Now I would be REALLY impressed with that. :D

:ph34r:

miriya,

I hate YOU, and your damn artistic talent!!! But, on the other hand...that mock up of yours is FA FA FA FANTASTIC!!! Dude, if I would of known you had any talent...we would have been friends long before now. :p But seriously now...That really looks great. Do you think you could do a REALLY cool one for a Reissue Bandai 1/55 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Set? Now I would be REALLY impressed with that. :D

Hey thanks. If you are serious.... Are you ever serious? no, seriously.... if you are then please PM me. We can talk. Or you can call me tomorrow at work. I am so going to get fired!

I leave it to you miriya.. replied to your e-mail..lmk your thoughts on that idea.. hehehe

Cool, I will reply to yours too. In between I could not help myself and came up with another using one of the photos of your custom. Let me know if you like this one better.

post-4840-1199841291_thumb.jpg

Hey, Yamato, if you are out there anywhere lurking around, doing your market research, if you like what you see then hire me. I am in the job market right now. Scoop me up before anyone else does! PM me. /WishfulThinking>

OoOoOoOoOooohhh I like I like!!! you got to put your sn or name on there too instead of the "Yamato" label on the lower center of the box =) I'll take more pics of the valk as soon as my battery for digi cam gets charged..

I am so glad that you like it. More tomorrow. I have to go feed my son now. (I will be feeding him my old Zentraedi recepie, "Bodolza's DeCultcha Miclone Stew".)

I am so glad that you like it. More tomorrow. I have to go feed my son now. (I will be feeding him my old Zentraedi recepie, "Bodolza's DeCultcha Miclone Stew".)

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm that sounds GOOD!!! If we can make it to the MW Con 08....I would LOVE to try that recepie. ^_^

Cool, I will reply to yours too. In between I could not help myself and came up with another using one of the photos of your custom. Let me know if you like this one better.

Ohhhhhh man....that looks freakin sweet. I especially like the 2 images in there of the "pilot loading" feature.

Hey thanks. If you are serious.... Are you ever serious? no, seriously.... if you are then please PM me. We can talk. Or you can call me tomorrow at work. I am so going to get fired!

I totally am for cerial.......I tried calling you.....call me back....PMing you too. :ph34r:

Hey, Yamato, if you are out there anywhere lurking around, doing your market research, if you like what you see then hire me. I am in the job market right now. Scoop me up before anyone else does! PM me. /WishfulThinking>

Yamato needs to hire you. Those box designs are cool.