m7 ending

mylene's fan

something just rubbed me the wrong way with macross 7's ending

gamlin proposes to mylene and her response is i like you but i like basara just as much...

what an odd way to turn someone down...

although he seems okay with it...

he brought her flowers and stuff in dynamite...so it seems that they're somewhat dating...

i don't think M7 had a love triangle b/c like most people think...basara doesn't have romantic feelings for her...

it was more of will gamlin get the girl? and will mylene get over basara...

what are your opinions?

Gamlin being my favorite character in M7, i may be a bit biased, but he really got shafted throughout the series.

Gamlin most likely was truly in love with Mylene, but i really doubt she felt that strongly about him. He shouldve gone with someone his own age (he's probably 3-5years older than Mylene) because Mylene was still a kid (14) She had a little high school crush on the cool boy that treated her badly instead of paying attention to the one that actually cared for her. We can pretty much be sure that Basara didnt have any feelings for her, and if he did he would be terrible in a relationship anyway.

So, most likely scenarios would be Mylene hooks up with Gamlin when she grows up and matures Or Gamlin moves on and gets together with a grown woman.

something just rubbed me the wrong way with macross 7's ending

gamlin proposes to mylene and her response is i like you but i like basara just as much...

what an odd way to turn someone down...

although he seems okay with it...

he brought her flowers and stuff in dynamite...so it seems that they're somewhat dating...

i don't think M7 had a love triangle b/c like most people think...basara doesn't have romantic feelings for her...

it was more of will gamlin get the girl? and will mylene get over basara...

what are your opinions?

Well, the triangle is more of a 1-direction sort-of thing.

Gamlin<?->Mylene->Basara

We've had,

Minmay<->Hikaru<->Misa

Guld->Myung<-Isamu

Mao->Shin<->Sara (In this case, it's not even legal with Mao in there)

The whole triangle can take various forms so who knows what the next ones will look like.

Gamlin actually died while fighting the Protodevlin like three episodes before the finale. Everything that happens after that is alternate universe (in my mind). I mean, c'mon, we all see him die, how does he pop back up later and save the day?

Gamlin cannot die, only the actors that portray him, oh yeah!

• 4 weeks later...
Gamlin actually died while fighting the Protodevlin like three episodes before the finale. Everything that happens after that is alternate universe (in my mind). I mean, c'mon, we all see him die, how does he pop back up later and save the day?

CYLON!!! :lol:

wait, was it that Emerald forces leader (Docker) who died,

or was it that pilot jerk who had the hots for Mylene...uh, forgot his name, but he was a huge guy...