Toynami 1/100 Fully Transformable Valks

misterryno

I am stoked that I will be able to make a nice small and relatively inexpensive Milia colored red GBP set!

That's a cool idea. I wanna see it when it's done of course ^_^ .

:ph34r:

It'd be useless anyway, Toynami never sticks to what they tell magazines or people at the various conventions so what would make them tell anyone else something more truthful. I'm sure if you were able to ask George Sohn right now he'd say "Oh, very soon!" and then you could begin the holding your breath game.

it could just be a isolated incident? its the VF-1S hikaru which was the 1st 1/100 valk released. perhaps they fixed the latter releases, but i don't know since i didn't bother picking up ther others after handling the 1S hikaru.

don't get me worng, it still holds together, it doesn't fall apart with the slightest breeze or anything, its just that most of the pegs inserts are cracked/split with very minimal handling on my part.

I'm a little late to this discussion but I recently got the 3 Series 2 releases (Max, Miriya, Hikaru). I too experienced cracked/split peg inserts. The arms dropped off during my first transformation of Miriya's VF to fighter mode. And I was doing everything gently. I was like WTF!? Then I saw the cracked pegs.

So it's not an isolated incident or limited to the 1st series. :angry:

I think the cracks happened when I tried to connect the arms to the legs in fighter mode. This makes the fighter mode nicely rigid but (I believe) due to a inherent design flaw, the arm peg doesn't allow for a slight amount of flexing needed and thus cracks.

Like 'do not disturb' wrote above, the toy doesn't fall apart BUT it does have issues. And to nitpick, the sculpt isn't that great. The forward fuselage looks too short in fighter mode (though I suppose that makes it look better in battloid mode - but I'm a fighter mode guy) and the tail fins are way too small. The photos make it look better than it does in reality. That seems to be the case with all Toynami products (IMO). :lol:-_-

Edited by Vifam7

The design looks good. Just take that mold of those in that picture and start pumpin em out. Lets get those Booby Ducks out while their at it. That's what I'm talkin about ^_^

Yeah, I need a fast pack set for Millia (2045).

pb230008ic2.jpg

edit: Thanks to Macross Mecha Manual for the color illustrations.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Thanks for the kind words, but this one is no big deal. For this one, one needs to gather up all his/her artistic talents and set them aside, as they won't be needed. All one needs to make this are the items in the pic. In case anyone is wondering where the shiny Sharpie streaks are, the flat clear coat makes them disappear.

pb240030ko1.jpg

Optional supplies for the boxing gloves:

pb240035fp8.jpg

edit: One can substitute any beer or alcoholic beverage of one's choosing. Or, although I can't imagine doing so, one can skip the alcohol. :)

Edited by Wicked Ace

pb240030ko1.jpg

edit: One can substitute any beer or alcoholic beverage of one's choosing. Or, although I can't imagine doing so, one can skip the alcohol. :)

Is the Spray can there the sealent you use??? Also...I like to drink beer while on the "customing job"...it's usually something darker though. I can't do the ML.

EDIT----> BTW.....GREAT JOB on this one!!!

Edited by misterryno

I guess in this case, since I bought the supposed VF-1S exclusive as well, then they re-release it with a similar paint scheme means I've been Toynamied too!!! Frack.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh yeah, because Yamato's never done that. They never released a1/60 brown Valkyrie that was exclusive to Toys "R" Us and then did a general release with a slightly different shade of brown. No, that never happened, did it? I guess Yamato customers have been "Toynamied".

IMAI 1/100 Armored Valkyrie Kit

SOOOOOOO COOL!!!! There ya go Miriya......now you can make your custom Miriya GBP Armor.

SOOOOOOO COOL!!!! There ya go Miriya......now you can make your custom Miriya GBP Armor.

Good point. I will still have to get the kits though. Since I am such a lazy sombiach I will probably wait until the toynami parts come out and put on a toynami milia. I really am spread out with my time and have a few projects already that I am way behind on so building another kit is just too much for me right now. I mean doing the paint job on an existing toy would be easiest. I dont know maybe I will get impatient and just do the kit. hmmmmmmm........

Good point. I will still have to get the kits though. Since I am such a lazy sombiach I will probably wait until the toynami parts come out and put on a toynami milia. I really am spread out with my time and have a few projects already that I am way behind on so building another kit is just too much for me right now. I mean doing the paint job on an existing toy would be easiest. I dont know maybe I will get impatient and just do the kit. hmmmmmmm........

Oh I know you will get impatient :lol: I'll wait for you to tell me that you are working on one of these *looks at watch* "should be annnnnyyyy time now" :D

Thanks for the kind words, but this one is no big deal. For this one, one needs to gather up all his/her artistic talents and set them aside, as they won't be needed. All one needs to make this are the items in the pic. In case anyone is wondering where the shiny Sharpie streaks are, the flat clear coat makes them disappear.

pb240030ko1.jpg

Optional supplies for the boxing gloves:

pb240035fp8.jpg

That looks good, I like it. I used Krylon to seal mine and when looking at the enlarged pics, I'm not too thrilled about the way it dried. I thought about lining mine in pencil then sealing but I might go over in Gundam.

I spoke with someone at Toynami yesterday & asked about when the new stuff will be available. He said strike parts in April (which are now known as wave 3), the weathered 1S' & CF will be out in May and will include both original accessories and the strike parts (now wave 4). The armor set will be available 4th quarter 2008... & we should see something very cool displayed at SDCC this year (hinted at a wave of ENEMY MECHA).

I spoke with someone at Toynami yesterday & asked about when the new stuff will be available. He said strike parts in April (which are now known as wave 3), the weathered 1S' & CF will be out in May and will include both original accessories and the strike parts (now wave 4). The armor set will be available 4th quarter 2008... & we should see something very cool displayed at SDCC this year (hinted at a wave of ENEMY MECHA).

SWEET!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! We'll see though <_<

OH BOY! Emerald City Comic Con is coming up in May in Seattle...I sure hope that Series 3 is there.

I just checked out the site....but I failed to find Toynami on the roster.

Hey Wicked Ace, the bad thing about Sharpie markers, is that the ink turns purple after a while...it happened to my Gundam figures I panel lined with them.

I've never had a problem with Sharpie'd black after a clear/flat coat has been applied. Of course I have only used Sharpie for very small stuff a total of two times.

Hey Wicked Ace, the bad thing about Sharpie markers, is that the ink turns purple after a while...it happened to my Gundam figures I panel lined with them.

That's one of the many reasons I hate Sharpies. I only use the Micron markers.

Yes.

Ah. I think the fat tip Sharpie (lots of ink) I used for the stripes, not panel lines, is a different deal. Again, the stripes on the wings, fuselage, and v-stabs were hit with a flat/clear -- shouldn't be any purple-ing. I'll let everyone know if the stripes change color.

Ah. I think the fat tip Sharpie (lots of ink) I used for the stripes, not panel lines, is a different deal. Again, the stripes on the wings, fuselage, and v-stabs were hit with a flat/clear -- shouldn't be any purple-ing. I'll let everyone know if the stripes change color.

I used the fat ones for stripes and trim on my other toys too, and after sometime they turned purple. =(.