Okay here it is:

jorawar_b

John,

we have about 27 people in this so far, whatever scale you make is cool, maybe we can get a whole new series in that scale. So hopefully we can get more to join up in getting this kit made.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best, thanks to all those people who have signed up on the list. we need a few more people to get capt to look into it.

I like the 1/32 idea. :rolleyes:

Think about it:

1/32 hover tank

1/32 Logan

1/32 Bioroid

1/32 figures.

Hell Capt can even make the

1/32 alpha

1/32 Beta

Edited by jorawar_b

I think that 1/32 is very feasible for Southern Cross mecha, particularly that they're so small. Mind you, it's one thing for me to sculpt it, it's quite another for people to be willing to shell-out for them. I realise more than anyone that money doesn't grow on trees.

That having been said, what say you all to a 1/32 Auroran? Let's say a fixed price of $350; buildable in any of the three modes, detailed cockpit, decals, and limited to just 30 examples?

Hmm.... that's pretty expensive. I don't really need a multi-moded model, and if that's the price range for the size, I can handle something in 72nd or 48th much better...

I agree.

Southern Cross aren't in my top wish models... so above $200 is very expensive to me.

I know that Southern Cross and Mospeada models are small, but small= cheaper, and that's sounds good to me.

Other reason is that all my Macross and Mospeada Collection is in 1/72, so I want to keep the size chart. ^_^

Here you guys go:

straight from Capt A's mouth

"

-At 1/72, I'd need minimum 50 orders at $100-120 per kit, or 40 orders at $150.00

-At 1/48, I'd need minimum 40 orders at about $200 per kit

-At 1/32, 30 orders at $350 per kit.

If I can get those requirements met, AND proper reference, I'm good to go."

we have 27 people and a few want more than one kit, so we are with in a few people to get 40 limited kits made at 150.00. The thing is that this is a rare kit, and for the mass people out side of MW who know nothing about this place, this kit would be highly sought after, so its an investment, as with all of Capt A kits, there is quality and value in his kits.

There are about three people that would get more than one kit so at this point it would be at 30 kits, so we need like 10 more people for a 1/72 or 1/48 scale.

So 10 more kits from making this happen. I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one, so close.

Edited by jorawar_b

maybe the capt will look at 35 kits, who knows.

Nope. I have to take into account the flake-factor with any model I make, so "35" orders usually only means about 30 actual orders, and this, like any variable-geometry mecha, is a very complex and labor-intensive sculpt, so when I quote numbers, that's exactly what I mean, not less.

My cousin's a sculptor. But he's more into sculpting animals and all that. Still, he's really good. Too bad he doesn't apply his talents to our Anime/Sc-fi infatuations. I'd love to see him do a 1/6 scale Optimus Prime or Valkyrie in die-cast or brass (he works with metals).

Edited by Ratchet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I could afford to say yes to both remaining spots, but surely none of us wants to be in the list of "flakes" the good captain has experienced because of lack of funds. There is 150 dollars set aside for ONE 1/72 model, it's not possible at his point to guarantee more. Hopefully someone out there can spare enough to be number forty . . . . the diet of ramen noodles has darn near turned me into a pillar of salt as it is!

If it helps any, I WANT two (one for battroid, one for copter) and will scrape pennies as much as possible - would a definite bid for one and an honest maybe on the other be enough to take this to forty? Depending on how long it takes for him to develop the sculpt its a reasonable possibility for me to plug enough quarters in the o'l piggy bank. :)

Hmm, there's always a third job . . . .

Gawd we're so close, and most of has have wanted to see this for years . . . . .

If it helps any, I WANT two (one for battroid, one for copter)

I think that should be 40 in Battroid OR helicopter... but I don't sure about that... :wacko:

I thank everyone so far in this group effort, when we hit 40, then when people see this kit made hopefully we can get more MW members on board. Anything that is good and we all know Capt A work is 20/10 is worth the fight, so I still keep my fingers crossed and hopefully 2 more people will get on board.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the 40 kits total

I need the following people to respond by e-mailing me at tread72@gmail.com

robodragon, Jorawar (3), THOR (2), NeoverseOmega, Ranger 565, PatS, 1st Border Red Devil (2), Vermillion One, Spiff, brianthreedee, X1Commander, CoryHolmes, cobywan, lord_breetai, promethuem5, thegunny, jipe, malakite (2), Grayson72, jadefalconguard, Totoro242, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d, valkyrie cadman (2), cool8or, Viceland (3), Major Tom, promethuem5, neptunesurvey (3), Penguin, Rocco 77, Zor Primus

I need to know the following:

1. we have all picked 1/72 scale right?

2. What mode have we all agreed to Robot? Copter? ( we need to start with one, I feel the copter would be good, but please let me know)

- Robot: 12

-Copter: 2

3. If this project starts, I feel we need to give some type of deposit to the Capt to make sure no one loses out?

4. Capt has a few projects, so maybe this will start sometime this spring or summer does anyone have a problem with the time frame?

5. Also I need info from everyone on any technical spec that might be helpful for the captain to start?

I thank everyone in this community for helping out and being a part of this, and Grayson sorry for the wait but hopefully this will come out good :lol:

Edited by jorawar_b

1st Border Red Devil I have been told by a few of our brothers on MW that your the go to guy for specs on mecha, any help on getting details is wonderful. Thanks Rob

Ok,

the technical specs are as follows (copied from the Rt.com infopedia file):

FIGHTER MODE

Length: 9.0 m

Height: 3.0 m

Wingspan: 6.9 m

HELICOPTER MODE

Length: 9.0 m

Height: 3.2 m

Wingspan: 6.9 m

Rotor diameter: 7.1m

BATTLOID MODE

Depth: 2.5m

Height: 8.9m

Breadth: 2.8m

Rotor diameter: 7.1m

I am making the assumption that people want the Ajax either in Battloid or Fighter mode and not Helicopter (for those that dont know, there IS a difference between the Fighter and Helicopter configurations).

AjaxFighterModeSketch01.jpg

AjaxBattloidModeSketch01.jpg

VFH-10Ajax18.jpg

VFH-10Ajax09.jpg

VFH-10AjaxMissileRelease01.jpg

VFH-10Ajax30-1.jpg

VFH-10Ajax29.jpg

VFH-10Ajax27.jpg

VFH-10AjaxBlasterTest05.jpg

VFH-10AjaxTransformationsequence01.jpg

VFH-10Ajax25.jpg

PDVD_108.jpg

Let me know if you need more pics as I have numerous.

Like the Spartas models, the Ajax can be differentiated most easily by trim colouration - orange for enlisted/nco and red for officers. Unlike the Spartas, there appears to be no differentiation that can be discerned at this time between head models.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil