Help with Valk ID

roboto

valkyrie.jpg

Last Sunday I went to Hong Kong and saw this Valkyrie Fighter on display at a toyshop in Mongkok. It was noontime and the shop was still closed, so I couldn't ask the shop owner for info on this item. Anyway, I'm curious about this Valkyrie, especially with its size.

(Notice how its bigger than the the box for the SOC GX-36 Ideon.)

valkyrie2.jpg

Do any Macross World Forum members have any information on this item (e.g., manufacturer, product material, release date, current price, etc.)? Thanks!

Looks like this one, except packaged differently.

linky

Thanks for answering my inquiry, ghostryder. The photo from the link you provided shows that it's indeed the one that I saw last Sunday, except the wings have been attached.

124valkyrieinside.jpg

Here's a clearer photo of the assembly instruction sheet.

valkyrie3.jpg

Anyway, I'd have to be an expert model builder to get this ARII 1/24 scale Valkyrie to look like this. Hmm, 1/24... do you think the CMS figure Roy figure can fit inside the cockpit?

124valkyrie.jpg

What shop was it? If you remember the name maybe one of the HK members here could go check it out. Maybe even Graham Master Flash!

I saw it on the 3rd level floor of the Richmond Shopping Centre 皆旺商場. Because it's been discontinued and also of the colossal scale of this ARII Valkyrie, I suppose the toyshop owner would charge a hefty amount for it. In any case, please post pics if any Macross World Forum members manage to acquire it.

Edited by roboto

It looks to be mostly completed! Thanks for the details about where you saw it. I am sure that someone here will see this thread and buy it by tomorrow, regardless of price. I am going to guess that they will either get an amazing deal if the shop does not know what it is and get this at the equivalent of USD$50 OR the shop knows exactly what it is and will sell it for $100, $300, $600 or $900? I am curious about the worth of it. How much would you pay?

Looks like this one, except packaged differently.

linky

I would have to say that's the one....Are the 1/24 Arii's transformable....now that would be BAD A**!!!

:ph34r:

It looks to be mostly completed! Thanks for the details about where you saw it. I am sure that someone here will see this thread and buy it by tomorrow, regardless of price. I am going to guess that they will either get an amazing deal if the shop does not know what it is and get this at the equivalent of USD$50 OR the shop knows exactly what it is and will sell it for $100, $300, $600 or $900? I am curious about the worth of it. How much would you pay?

I already have a tough time catching up with the recent Yamato VF-1 and VF-0 releases to afford this 1/24 Valk model. (I also collect SOCs and vintage Chogokin toy robots.) Anyway, I took the photos since I had a feeling this Valk was rare (and thus expensive). The shop seems to concentrate on Macross-related merchandize, so it's most likely the proprietor knows the value of this item. On the other hand, I'm sure there's someone out there with enough money to make the toyshop owner happily part with this Valk. :rolleyes:

Just found on the internet the original price back in 1998

1/24 VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker Special

Soft vinyl/plastic injection hybrid model

Non-transformable fighter mode model

Designer: Shigeyuki Ninomiya

Arii

Y29800

1998 Spring (scheduled)

:rolleyes:

Well....there's my answer on the TFing. If it was just over $250 USD then....now it's gotta be quite pricey.

:ph34r:

Just found on the internet the original price back in 1998

1/24 VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker Special

Soft vinyl/plastic injection hybrid model

Non-transformable fighter mode model

Designer: Shigeyuki Ninomiya

Arii

Y29800

1998 Spring (scheduled)

:rolleyes:

Wow, so that was listing at about $250 USD equivalent. Yeah, worth a pretty penny now, no doubt!

Looks ok to me, just for the fact it's such a large scale, but i'd never pay something like 300 USD for it.

I think you might change your mind if you were to see and handle it in person. The sheer mass of this valkyrie is awesome. Even with the low level of detail it completely overshadows anything out there.

Even if it were to be recasted the price might come close to the original due to the material needed to make the molds. This is one huge beast of a valkyrie. :wacko:

Yeah, well 300 is a bit much, but the original price yeh i'd go it.

Unpainted 250 with Valk white colour would be reasonble.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I saw that kit and from what I remember the owner is asking HK$4800 for it, which is more like US$600'ish! The thing is huge and shipping to the US will add at least another US$100 or so.

This is a huge kit and quite worth having as it is the largest toy VF-1 produced and very very rare but the price is only for people with very very deep pockets!

I saw that kit and from what I remember the owner is asking HK$4800 for it, which is more like US$600'ish! The thing is huge and shipping to the US will add at least another US$100 or so.

This is a huge kit and quite worth having as it is the largest toy VF-1 produced and very very rare but the price is only for people with very very deep pockets!

Actually there is a larger scale valkyrie produced by Reds in a 1/20 scale. :blink: And yes, I did say 1/20.

That is unless you consider the group of engineers from mexico who where building six, IIRC *1/12 scale CF Super Valkyries, as a class project.

Come to think of it I wonder what ever happed to that project????

*The valkyrie is in 1/10 scale and not 1/12.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I’m not sure I would plunk down $600, but I sure would like to have one of these to hang from the ceiling I my office.