1/60 Vic Viper

wolfx

Vic Viper is going to be a plamodel.

I would get this if they release one with a game accurate color scheme.

What I also hope to get is anything related to Ray Storm.

Edited by konimon

Has there ever been anything done on Einhander? I'd like that as well...

That was such an awesome game and fighter jet.

By the way, if anyone ordered a box, I'd buy the extras off you if I can't get a box myself (or at least a complete set off ebay). What sucks is that there are only 8 per box, so no box will have two complete sets.

On a side note, anyone know where to get the toys in the picture below? They don't look like candy machine toys but have a similar appearance to something that cheap.

post-2213-1193174887_thumb.jpg

Edited by protostar8

So is there a companion Lord British?

Man, I wish...

There's a resin kit of the Lord British out there, but I have yet to find one after 6+ months of watching Yahoo Japan Auctions.

I have, however, managed to get my hands on a 1/100 Jade Knight and two different versions of the Vic Viper, also in 1/100 resin :D

I still want to get some of the R-Type resin kits too... I still only have the e2046 recast of the R-9A.

By the way, there's a 'black version' of the R-9A gashapon that's been on yahoo japan auctions recently. I think it was a pre-order bonus for R-Type Tactics for PSP.

On a side note, anyone know where to get the toys in the picture below? They don't look like candy machine toys but have a similar appearance to something that cheap.

Actually, they are candy toys. In the description on the add, it does say chewing gum in katakana just before the yen price.

Did a wiki and found a non relevant post about Ultima Online's Lord British. :lol:

But found out it was Player 2 in Salamander. How does it supposedly differ with the Vic Viper? (other than color differences)

Did a wiki and found a non relevant post about Ultima Online's Lord British. :lol:

But found out it was Player 2 in Salamander. How does it supposedly differ with the Vic Viper? (other than color differences)

It's been a loooooooong time but if I remember right the Lord was a more traditional looking fighter with a single nosecone. IIRC the Vic was white and blue and the Lord was a sort of tan and red. Whenever I played the upright arcade game Life Force I always played the player 2 side (the "Roadbritish", the engrish bastardization of the Lord British) because I liked the looks of that fighter better than the Vic. Many years later I played it again at a friend's house on his old NES. He still had the manual and once again IIRC the black and white US manual had two drawings inside, one of the Vic Viper and another of the Lord British, and they where two completely different designs.

Edit: I just found this image online. It's from a newer generation of Gradius game than good old Life Force but it shows the fighters and the Vic and the Lord are indeed totally different.

04_ships.jpg

That was such an awesome game and fighter jet.

By the way, if anyone ordered a box, I'd buy the extras off you if I can't get a box myself (or at least a complete set off ebay). What sucks is that there are only 8 per box, so no box will have two complete sets.

Not sure where to get them, other than Yahoo Japan, but they are called "Dash Vehicle Go!" by the candy company Kabaya (who also made several TF toys in the past). Here's a nice review with pics:

http://www.starfleet.ac/~prominence/toys/dash-b.html

This is their most recent offering, Change-Dashers:

post-430-1193194962_thumb.jpg

Not sure where to get them, other than Yahoo Japan, but they are called "Dash Vehicle Go!" by the candy company Kabaya (who also made several TF toys in the past). Here's a nice review with pics:

http://www.starfleet.ac/~prominence/toys/dash-b.html

This is their most recent offering, Change-Dashers:

Okay. Thank you very much for the information! ^_^

Too bad I don't have a PSP b/c I love SRW OG and OG2 for the GBA. I may just have to check into PSP emulators...

I thought the sprites for both 1st player and 2nd player in LifeForce to be identical. I played the NES version btw.

Basically, the Lord British is the Vic Viper from later Gradius game w/out the two things in the front (meaning it has only the cockpit in the middle of them). No big missiles underneath either.