Help With Accurate Livery Please

sqidd

..............section. But at the caore this is about the toys I have sitting here :)

Ok, help me out with some continuity here.

I have not seen DYRL, that’s next. I am on episode 27 of SDFM right now. The doodoo just hit the fan, the Earth has been leveled and the SDF-1 has deployed everything that it has (nice to see Monsters for a change). This is the first time you see Max and Mirias Blue and Red VF1-J’s with fastpacks and I think the is the second time you see Hikaru with fastpacks. I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to the first time Hikaru had Fastpacks on, but this time I am. He is most certainly piloting the “Skull One”, right down to the yellow stripes. But his fastpacks have the red UN Spacey logo on them instead of the skull and bones.

Now if I were trying to have TV replica toys and I wanted a Hikaru “Skull One” replica I would simply take a 1/48 VF-1S Roy, put a Hikaru pilot in the seat and put the red “Kites” on the fastpacks right? In episode 27 Hikaru's wing number is 001 (at least the freeze frame I looked at). Is this his correct wing number while piloting the VF-1S?

If I wanted a TV replica Hikaru VF-1J then I would use a VF-1J with red accents, put a Hikaru pilot in the seat and don’t mount fastpacks because he never had any when he was flying a J model….correct? What was his wing # when he was in a J?

And if I wanted a TV accurate Roy than I would just use a 1/48 Foker, but if I mounted fastpacks to it, it would cease to be a TV replica because Fokker never used them in SDFM right?

If all of the above is correct then what part does the VF-1J Super Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Deluxe set with “TV” fastpacks play that I have sitting here unopened? As far as I can tell Hikaru never piloted a “J” with fastpacks in SDFM which is the “TV” version they are referred to right?

I know there are about 25 questions above, but can someone give me a hand here? If I am displaying something and have the urge to be accurate, or at least know the reasons why I am not accurate I am going to need some questions answered.

And for those of you waiting for my VF-0S with Ghost Booster review and are wondering why I am not posting about that, I have not had a chance to get it out of the box yet. I want to put it together in front of the TV in the living room and my wife has currently commandeered the big screen TV to watch Dancing With the Stars, which makes my brain leak out of my ears. I am watching SDFM in my bedroom while lying in bed (not a great spot to build a Valk)

Thanks

sqidd

Edited by sqidd

ok...Hikaru's skull one wing number was 001

Hikaru's VF-1J wing number was, if memory serves 101

taking the fastpacks off of a hikaru 1j gives you a TV accurate Hik. 1j

sorry, but i dont remember if Roy ever used FP's in SDFM.

if im wrong with the above info, some please correct me.

Also all fastpacks have the red kite sign, DYRL has more custom design for the pilots as far as fighter and accessory goes, but in SDFM it is all pretty generic except for the stars and even then the just usually get a special paint but everything else is the same as other valks

And i am not sure why the VF-1js are always packaged with FPs because it is true it never appeared like that in SDFM or DYRL, but i guess since it is the most recognizable valk from the show (there is a debate between this and the skull one, but i say the 1J because it is in the opening of every episode) and FPs are a hot commodity that they would just package them together to kill two birds with one stone, i could be wrong though.,

And i am not sure why the VF-1js are always packaged with FPs because it is true it never appeared like that in SDFM or DYRL, but i guess since it is the most recognizable valk from the show (there is a debate between this and the skull one, but i say the 1J because it is in the opening of every episode) and FPs are a hot commodity that they would just package them together to kill two birds with one stone, i could be wrong though.,

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I was fairly certain that my display's were not "TV" accurate. It doesn't matter if it looks cool, but it's nice to know if you wanted to be a purist that you could change things around a bit and get what you want.

I think I am going to display one of my Roy's with Hikaru in the pilots sheet and my TV fastpacks that I got with my Hikaru VF-iJ "TV" version. The wing already has 001 on it so that is accurate. That would be a "TV" accurate Hikaru "Skull One" I think.

I could do a TV Roy by simply removing his fastpacks I currently have on him. What was his wing number? was is 001 also?

M&M both flew VF-1Js in SDFM and they both flew with fast packs. There's no reason why any other 1j couldn't fly with fast packs.

Now if I were trying to have TV replica toys and I wanted a Hikaru “Skull One” replica I would simply take a 1/48 VF-1S Roy, put a Hikaru pilot in the seat and put the red “Kites” on the fastpacks right?

Graham said that the elbows are different between the TV and DYRL 1/48's. I haven't compared elbows yet, if what he says is true then you would need to replace the elbows since the current Roy 1/48 is based on his DYRL VF. The hands would also need to be replaced with the TV fat hands since it comes with the stock rat claws...er...I mean DYRL hands

M&M both flew VF-1Js in SDFM and they both flew with fast packs. There's no reason why any other 1j couldn't fly with fast packs.

I never said they didn't i was saying the Hikaru's VF-1J never had them on the show but always seems be released with them is all.

Oh i am glad it was i am happy. I think a lot of people are just wondering why it is released like that seeing as how it never once appeared like that in the show. Some people just have questions, like maybe it was featured like that else where.

Actually, from a marketing standpoint, I think it makes sense.

The Hikaru 1J was (I think) the first pure TV release they had, unless the Max/Miria ones were first. M&M used them in the series, so they work, but they had custom colors on their FPs. So, in order to get out a set of TV colored standard FPs, they tacked them on to the new Hikaru 1J and marketed it for the series, rather than DYRL (TV hands/pilot included).

Sure, they could have made a new TV edition Skull 1, but it would've hardly been different from Roy's, and may not have sold as well as the new 1J, which is pretty much a series icon. Sales-wise, a new VF-1J with unique fast packs is better off than an older VF-1S with unique fast packs.

It also set up the Hikaru 1J as the only way to get a set of plain TV fast packs, driving up value. Besides, a separate TV FP set would contain less stuff (unless they replaced the beam cannon with extra TV hands), and probably not sell as well as the DYRL FP set.

So really, the Hikaru 1J FPs should go on a Skull 1S... it just made better business sense to include them with another Valk.

Edited by Chronocidal

Oh i am glad it was i am happy. I think a lot of people are just wondering why it is released like that seeing as how it never once appeared like that in the show. Some people just have questions, like maybe it was featured like that else where.

I agree 100%, I was curious more than anything, like maybe I missed something.

But as stated above it did make good maketing sense, in theory and in practice. The idea was good and the market has spoken, they are a hot item.

if you dont mine me asking, why do you do the partial FP look? Do you do a lot of customs that require a lot of seperate parts, and you are left with an incomplete FP set. Do you like how it looks?

i saw your collection pics and i think the partial FP look rocks, it looks great, but im just wondering how you got started on that.

Graham said that the elbows are different between the TV and DYRL 1/48's. I haven't compared elbows yet, if what he says is true then you would need to replace the elbows since the current Roy 1/48 is based on his DYRL VF. The hands would also need to be replaced with the TV fat hands since it comes with the stock rat claws...er...I mean DYRL hands

Actually the upper arms are different between the TV and DYRL valks, the DYRL valks has three canals in the front of that part unlike the TV valks. Is in the lineart but I'm not sure about the toys.