Halo 3

Oihan

So after the credits we see

the MC talking to Cortana while they're floating off in outer-space. MC tells Cortana to wake him up when the time's right. If you beat the game on Legendary, we see additional footage of the second half of the ship floating near this planet. Anyone have any idea what this planet is and/or where it is?

Any speculation as to what will happen next?

(Added the spoiler tag just in case someone beat the game but didn't wait for the credits to finish and/or didn't beat the game on Legendary.)

Also, what do you guys think of the campaign in Halo 3 compared to the rest? I, for one, liked it much better than Halo 2's campaign. As for comparing it to Halo: CE's campaign...it's a toss up. I have more thoughts, but I'll get them out later. I got to get back to work.

So after the credits we see

the MC talking to Cortana while they're floating off in outer-space. MC tells Cortana to wake him up when the time's right. If you beat the game on Legendary, we see additional footage of the second half of the ship floating near this planet. Anyone have any idea what this planet is and/or where it is?

Any speculation as to what will happen next?

(Added the spoiler tag just in case someone beat the game but didn't wait for the credits to finish and/or didn't beat the game on Legendary.)

Also, what do you guys think of the campaign in Halo 3 compared to the rest? I, for one, liked it much better than Halo 2's campaign. As for comparing it to Halo: CE's campaign...it's a toss up. I have more thoughts, but I'll get them out later. I got to get back to work.

I missed all that. Hmm.

not done with it yet, i'm in the 1st third still, it's more like Halo 2.5 to me, so I'm playing more Oblivion than I am Halo 3.

Any reason why they made the Needler non-dual-wielding this time?

And why can't the Arbiter cloak? I'm playing with a co-worker online and I go to cloak and I just turn on my flashlight.

Didn't know the Arbiter gave up his cloak for a flashlight.

not done with it yet, i'm in the 1st third still, it's more like Halo 2.5 to me, so I'm playing more Oblivion than I am Halo 3.

Any reason why they made the Needler non-dual-wielding this time?

And why can't the Arbiter cloak? I'm playing with a co-worker online and I go to cloak and I just turn on my flashlight.

Didn't know the Arbiter gave up his cloak for a flashlight.

the cloak is now one of those deployable gadgets and the dual wield needler was massively powerful, I think they made it a single weild only for game balance issues.

Halo 2.5 in what sense? Was it the graphics or the game play? Or was it entirely something else?

Halo 2.5? I'd agree. Graphically, it's not one of the better-looking games on the 360. That's especially noticeable on the first level and how poor the leaves look. I looks like the cleaned up the textures from Halo 2 and added more bloom lighting effects. Combine that with the short length of both Halo 2 and 3, plus Halo 2's abrupt ending, and you walk away with the impression that Halo 2 and 3 were initially one game, that Microsoft decided to split to capitalize on the Halo hype while saving something for the 360.

I really don't understand the poor graphics sentiment among people, it looks great to me. Especially in the larger levels when a ton of stuff is happening.

The campaign is awful though. Poor level design, way too much back tracking. The second half of the game just wasn't fun. I was co-op'ing it and what we ended up doing was have one person just run through the level as fast as possible to get it over with, while the other guy worried about killing things.

The campaign is awful though. Poor level design, way too much back tracking. The second half of the game just wasn't fun. I was co-op'ing it and what we ended up doing was have one person just run through the level as fast as possible to get it over with, while the other guy worried about killing things.

yeah, I really hate the get to point B and then turn around and get back to point A missions. And to have have two of them, essentially back to back was really stretching it. It really did feel like the level designers just couldn't figure out, or couldn't be bothered to figure out how to make some the game longer and took the easy way out.

Am I the only one who thinks that Halo is one of the most overrated games in history?

No. But it's not any more overrated than Final Fantasy VII.

Oh, and Oihan, back to your original question,

I don't know what the planet is, but from what I've gathered from poking around online, the big answer to "what's next?" is apparently Marathon. There are many hints and references throughout Halo, and it's been said that the Master Chief and the protagonist from the Marathon games are the same.

No. But it's not any more overrated than Final Fantasy VII.

Oh, and Oihan, back to your original question,

I don't know what the planet is, but from what I've gathered from poking around online, the big answer to "what's next?" is apparently Marathon. There are many hints and references throughout Halo, and it's been said that the Master Chief and the protagonist from the Marathon games are the same.

That's fine, because I don't like Final Fantasy either. :p

>snip<

Oh, and Oihan, back to your original question, [not spoiler] There are many hints and references throughout Halo, and it's been said that the Master Chief and the protagonist from the Marathon games are the same.[/not spoiler]

Many players have felt that way from the very beginning. Halo is popular mainly because of the multi-player, the Red VS Blue videos, and MS's hype-machine. Halo's always been a 'next gen' DOOM anyways.

Bungie is a one trick pony and their next game will prove that.

Many players have felt that way from the very beginning. Halo is popular mainly because of the multi-player, the Red VS Blue videos, and MS's hype-machine. Halo's always been a 'next gen' DOOM anyways.

Bungie is a one trick pony and their next game will prove that.

Myth, Marathon and Halo, 16 years of making popular games... hardly a "one trick pony" Haters can blast away at halo all they want, but it remains one of the, if not THE most popular FPS on any console and it's been that way for years.

Myth, Marathon and Halo, 16 years of making popular games... hardly a "one trick pony" Haters can blast away at halo all they want, but it remains one of the, if not THE most popular FPS on any console and it's been that way for years.

Very much the example of a one trick pony. Go through A to B. Have to go back to A with 'something' from B to get to C. Wash repeat throughout game. That just described 90% of all of their games, though it does cover 80% of ALL games on the consoles(LOL!).

Halo has always been thought to be part of the Marathon universe most of the informed Halo fanbase sees that. And I'm not a 'hater' of halo, nor am I a 'hater' of Bungie, but it's as clear as your fanboi posting the Bungie got lazy after Marathon's success and it shows in their designs. :rolleyes:

Very much the example of a one trick pony. Go through A to B. Have to go back to A with 'something' from B to get to C. Wash repeat throughout game. That just described 90% of all of their games, though it does cover 80% of ALL games on the consoles(LOL!).

Halo has always been thought to be part of the Marathon universe most of the informed Halo fanbase sees that. And I'm not a 'hater' of halo, nor am I a 'hater' of Bungie, but it's as clear as your fanboi posting the Bungie got lazy after Marathon's success and it shows in their designs. :rolleyes:

Yawn. Whats the point of this argument except to prove that you're a twit? I'm guessing you haven't even played Halo 3 yet, which makes your battying even more inappropriate for this thread.

I'm a fanboy because I pointed out a flaw in your post? Because, that one post negates all the ambivalent posts I've made about my experience with this game? whatever man, just crawl back into the hole you came out of.

Edited by eugimon

My gripe is popularity =! good. I'm about ready to slap the Halo fanboys I see in real life, especially the people in class who go "HURR MY GRADES ARE GOUNNA DROP NOW" the day after the release of Halo 3. Ugh.

That's fine, because I don't like Final Fantasy either. :p

I'm not actually saying that either game is bad. I've played and enjoyed both games. But aside from having a pretty-boy villain with a big sword, I don't see the obsession over Final Fantasy VII. The game is average at best, and brought nothing new to the series besides hideous 3D graphics.

Likewise, with Halo, yeah, when it game out, it was probably the best example of an FPS on a console (although I was still fond of Perfect Dark). It wasn't without its flaws, though, and in the meantime, the market has been flooded with other, often better shooters. (Sadly, not the new Perfect Dark.)

Odd, everything I read was that Bungie had said that Marathon and Halo were NOT in the same universe, despite the creators dropping little easter-egg type things in here and there.

Yeah, some Bungie types have said in the past that they're not connected. But Alex Seropian said in an interview that the Master Chief and the protagonist from Marathon are the same person. And all the other signs are present.

I'm not actually saying that either game is bad. I've played and enjoyed both games. But aside from having a pretty-boy villain with a big sword, I don't see the obsession over Final Fantasy VII. The game is average at best, and brought nothing new to the series besides hideous 3D graphics.

Likewise, with Halo, yeah, when it game out, it was probably the best example of an FPS on a console (although I was still fond of Perfect Dark). It wasn't without its flaws, though, and in the meantime, the market has been flooded with other, often better shooters. (Sadly, not the new Perfect Dark.)

Yeah, some Bungie types have said in the past that they're not connected. But Alex Seropian said in an interview that the Master Chief and the protagonist from Marathon are the same person. And all the other signs are present.

Exactly. I'm not saying that Halo 3 can't be a fun game, but the phenomenon surrounding it is... bizarre. Same with FFVII. One of my friends made me watch Advent Children. It was torture for me.

Beauties of the internet here: Raining on ppl's parade and flame wars. My god we cant even have a decent conversation about one thing. If it is about the QC of yamato to Robotech vs Macross to video games. What a tough crowd here... I really dont understand everyone here. If you dont like it, tough. Just deal with it and go on. No need to be an @$$ about it. Sames goes for those defending HALO. Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has them. Live with it. Even if Bungie is a one trick pony, $170 million in sales of Halo 3 when it released is nothing to even remotely to sneer it. More power to them. Sneering and cursing at them makes you look like you are jealous or envious. Defending them makes you all fanbois. Man o man, what a way to detract the thread.

Do we all argue for the sake of arguing? The thrill of pissing someone off maybe? Some of you all really need to take anger management or grow up or both.

Halo 3 looks good so far, IMHO. After playing R6V and GoW, Halo 3 had to be over the top. Honestly for the entertainment value, I like it so far. I read the books and things make sense. So far the story is good but I only completed level 1.

Well said Godzilla.

As for myself and Halo 3.... I really like the mechanics of the game compared to that of Halo:CE. Though I still find the campaign in Halo:CE more enjoyable than Halo 2 and 3. (Now if only they would remake Halo:CE with 360 graphics and Halo 3 mechanics!) I think the real saving grace of this game (not that it needs to be saved) is the online capabilities of it. Playing Halo 3's campaign with 3 others online is a lot of fun imo; some of the stuff that's pulled off his hilarious. I also like the ability to record the games and replay them after you've completed a mission or ranked/social match. Overall, I think the campaign and online play on Halo 3 is MUCH better than it is on Halo 2. I'm also glad that I didn't have to play as the Arbiter on Halo 3 like I did in Halo 2. It's one of the few things I disliked about Halo 2. Hell, after I had beaten the game and went back to play through the campaign, I skipped all of the missions with the Arbiter.

Well, I need to get back to work....

Hahaha, could there possibly be a better time than now to review our favorite Red vs. Blue video? An oldie but a goodie...

The Internet Vs. Real Life

"Halo 3 sucks! I hate you and I hate the games you like!"

:):lol:

RvB is classic good times! Shame it had to end.

Oh and godzilla, if you're thinking people here aren't going to complain, even when they like what they're complaining about, you're on the wrong board.

But Alex Seropian said in an interview that the Master Chief and the protagonist from Marathon are the same person.

Yeah, the player of the game.

Because when it comes down to it, we don't see the faces of either the Master Chief or the cyborg. Barring the description in the books, the Cyborg/MC could be anybody, including you.

Which is why they are the same person.

Edited by Boxer

RvB is classic good times! Shame it had to end.

Oh and godzilla, if you're thinking people here aren't going to complain, even when they like what they're complaining about, you're on the wrong board.

While I have no love for RvB, I'm really surprised that they closed up shop given their popularity and the new video capture tool included in Halo 3. I think that's going to make Machinima series just take off in sheer volume.

We all can disagree is one thing but being complete nutsacks when disagreeing is completely another. People who voice their opinions are flamed. What I am trying to say is that we cant have a decent argument with introducing insults.

BTW, I finished the game under 10 hours on Normal. It wasnt bad. Then ending was sad. I wont give out hte spoilers. I need to replay this game again on Legendary. That is gonna be a witch...

Beauties of the internet here: Raining on ppl's parade and flame wars. My god we cant even have a decent conversation about one thing. If it is about the QC of yamato to Robotech vs Macross to video games. What a tough crowd here... I really dont understand everyone here. If you dont like it, tough. Just deal with it and go on. No need to be an @$$ about it. Sames goes for those defending HALO. Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has them. Live with it. Even if Bungie is a one trick pony, $170 million in sales of Halo 3 when it released is nothing to even remotely to sneer it. More power to them. Sneering and cursing at them makes you look like you are jealous or envious. Defending them makes you all fanbois. Man o man, what a way to detract the thread.

Do we all argue for the sake of arguing? The thrill of pissing someone off maybe? Some of you all really need to take anger management or grow up or both.

Halo 3 looks good so far, IMHO. After playing R6V and GoW, Halo 3 had to be over the top. Honestly for the entertainment value, I like it so far. I read the books and things make sense. So far the story is good but I only completed level 1.

The fact that the bozos that does this do it without fear of being recognized. I just enjoy the game or playing with my brand new Valkyrie without caring what these issue-ridden idiots say.

Very well said Godzilla.

On Halo 3: The graphics does look better than the previous games, but I have to check it out next time before I judge it.

Edited by MangledMess