Halo 3

Oihan

is there somthing specific you have to do for the Lee R Wilson Memorial achievement? I've had two ranked team slayer games where I got at least 5 stickies yet no achievement. Does it have to be lonewolves? Plasma? Can't die during the 5 sticks?

Has to be lone wolves. You can die in between.

I still need the Steppin' Razor, Nice Try Buddy, and the Spartan Laser Double Kill.

• 4 weeks later...

At the beginning of the Blendtec Guitar Hero III video, I could have sworn I saw a Halo 3 disc being blended. I guess I was right. :p

In my own Halo 3 news, me and a friend beat the game on Heroic last weekend, got all the skulls, and viewed all the terminals. Right now we're separately working on the metagames. Probably work on Legendary in the next few weeks. Matchmaking wise, I got my skill level on Lone Wolves up to 35 and I'm still just at the lowest level captain rating... virtually everyone I'm playing against now are majors, commanders, or higher.

How about we aim for sometime next week like Tuesday night after 9:00 central? I'm going to be busy this weekend and it might be hit or miss when I'm playing. Having a team of three will definitely make it easier.

BTW, Chowser, do you have all skulls or viewed all the terminals?

i'll try, i dont get home till 11pm est, if i see any of you guys online, i'll send a message.

i have all the skulls and terminals. i just want to get legendary out the way. i'm not worried about all the metascoring stuff. don't really need the sword on my back :)

I picked up call of duty 4 on wednesday and i've been so busy, it's still in my trunk.

i'll try, i dont get home till 11pm est, if i see any of you guys online, i'll send a message.

i have all the skulls and terminals. i just want to get legendary out the way. i'm not worried about all the metascoring stuff. don't really need the sword on my back :)

I picked up call of duty 4 on wednesday and i've been so busy, it's still in my trunk.

I had been wondering how some people were getting a sword accessory! :p I had been going all Hyabusa armor, but last night I decided to swap the helmet out for the scout helmet and I think that makes it look cooler. B)) I might beat the last two metagames tonight, but if I'm playing around 10:00 central and see you I can either host or play on your game. I already have the 1st level beat on Legendary but i have no issues playing it again.

Anybody else kind of disappointed with the Heroic Map Pack? The big outside level is pretty boring, the other two are okay but nothing special.

Yeah, I'm bummed that there's not a lot of multi-story action in the Halo 3 levels. I was hoping for some more vertically complex levels like Headlong or Tombstone from Halo 2. My favorite Halo 3 map is Construct, because it's so vertically expansive with 3 main stories. Standoff, the new level you mentioned, would be more interesting with a few tall towers and more underground tunnels. Overall I think the Halo 2 levels were cooler.

I played some ranked team battle with Apollo Leader last night and we kicked butt! We were 3 for 3, even though we were outnumbered in our third game.

even though we were outnumbered in our third game.

It's simple, there were more targets for us to destroy! :D It also helped to attack the enemies as a group and/or from mulitple sides. Also helps when you got an experienced bunch of players (my top skill rank in Lone Wolves right now is 40).

BTW, who's up for some Legendary play? I was hoping to play with Chowser/Sarge051 the last 2 nights, but I haven't seen him on. Godzilla/Tsoumeister has been busy with COD4 lately. After I get the Legendary achievement I just have three to go!

Also helps when you got an experienced bunch of players (my top skill rank in Lone Wolves right now is 40).

Me too. I got to level 39 easily, and then I hit a wall. It took me a few days to get from 39 to 40, and I can't get to 41 no matter what I do. I haven't noticed my opponents getting any better, though -- I've just noticed my lag getting a lot worse! I'm talking about getting direct hits on enemies with rockets and not killing them, or getting four headshots on an opponent who doesn't die even though he just ran right through a grenade blast. I could go on with more examples, but I'll just say that games get ridiculous after level 40. Maybe it's because I'm in California. Most players, according to the Xbox Live map, are in the Midwest or East coast. So unless I get host, which I never do, I'm in Lag City.

Whoah, I think you might have. If you click the Signature Proof link it shows that someone signed for your package upon delivery. Good luck getting this worked out.

Well I called Fedex just now it seems like it was shipped to the wrong location and they are filing are pickup on the order to redirect back to Zionsville.

They said if it wasn't retrievable I could file a claim, what would happen if it came back to that.

So much for getting it back.

I'm not going to go and buy another scratched copy of the game... <_<

sorry Apollo, kids got sick and I got sick with them. yuck. :)

For those wondering, if you d/l the new map pack, it is gamertag specific. I moved my GT over to my son's 360 and d/l the maps again (for free) and I can play them on there as long as my account is present. Once I moved my account back to my 360, he can see the maps on his hard drive, but he can't access them.

bummer.

I'll try again to get back on some nights, I start vacation on Monday and I'm off the rest of the year except for Christmas afternoon.

My son's been playing on my account to try the new maps if you see me on and I don't respond, that's my son.

• 1 month later...

Time to resurrect this thread. :)

With some help from my brother we beat the Halo stage on Legendary so I finally got that achievement. A few nights earlier I played through the Cortana (High Charity) stage completely by myself so at least I know I'm capable of playing through the Legendary stages going solo, but still it can be time consuming. After watching the ending, it will be interesting to see what's next in store for MC and Cortana.

As a second bonus last night I also got the Trippin' Razor achievement, too, meaning I just need to get the Overkill achievement to completely finish Halo 3. Then I can say I truly "finished the fight". :p

Edited by Apollo Leader

Well, I am still 65 pts from truly finishing the fight though I havent been playing Halo 3 for a bit. I need to prolly drop in level so I can get those achievements. Been on Rainbow 6 Vegas getting my achievements. I still need to get the 20pts to complete the 1000pts. Only game that i got 1000pts is CoD2.

I got an idea guys. Let's all change our languages on our Xboxes to something nobody speaks, and then go into Lone Wolves. We can get those last few achievements!

All I need are Steppin' Razor and Maybe Next Time, Buddy.

After release people were setting their language to Chinese and then doing Lone Wolf games to get achievments. No idea if theyre still doing that, though.

So changing the language on one's machine changes your skill level? Hmmm...

I think I'll eventually get the Overkill because I did get it in a Rumble Pit game just about a week ago. Like the Steppin' Razor, it's just a matter of time.

Funny thing is last night is that I saw someone with the sword on their back, but they apparently hadn't beat Legendary yet. I thought you had to get ALL the achievements to get the sword?

Well, I am still 65 pts from truly finishing the fight though I havent been playing Halo 3 for a bit. I need to prolly drop in level so I can get those achievements. Been on Rainbow 6 Vegas getting my achievements. I still need to get the 20pts to complete the 1000pts. Only game that i got 1000pts is CoD2.

In my case there's three games I've gotten all 1000 points: COD2, Blazing Angels, and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. Maybe one day I'll complete Gears of War, but after all the hours of play I put into that game and I only have about half of the required kills for "Seriously...", I'm not in a rush. :p