Macross resin kit reproductions

Valkyrie

Well, the cat's out of the bag over on Starship Modeler! John Lester has bought the masters to John Moscato's 1/72 VF-1 Launch Vehicle and Launch Pylon, and also Gundamhead's DYRL VF-1 Launch Arm!

They're all in his casting queue, which is fairly sizable at this point, so no ETA is available for any of them. But it's definitely something to look forward to!

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/php...pic.php?t=53617

Also in the thread is Honneamise's current scratchbuild project, which is very cool, even though it's not Macross!

Im glad the LV is getting a second lease on life. Maybe now someone else will build one. As far as i know mine is the only finished one out there.

Ken i think the term you were looking for is "reissue".

Edited by HWR MKII

Im glad the LV is getting a second lease on life. Maybe now someone else will build one. As far as i know mine is the only finished one out there.

Ken i think the term you were looking for is "reissue".

I'd love to know what he paid for the masters of the launch vehicle and pylon.

This is a good move. Not all the people can purchase these items in the original release date.

In my case, I don't reach to purchase the launch arm, so I'll be waiting anxiously for it. :D

Didn't see anything in that thread about Gundamhead's launch arm, but I know some people will be excited if it gets reissued too.

Just out of curiosity, does adding the embedded metal parts (brass tube, steel bar etc.) make the casting process much more difficult?

Didn't see anything in that thread about Gundamhead's launch arm, but I know some people will be excited if it gets reissued too.

Just out of curiosity, does adding the embedded metal parts (brass tube, steel bar etc.) make the casting process much more difficult?

Here is the thread that talks about the launch arm..

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/php...pic.php?t=53569

Ashton

• 1 month later...