Transformers: Animated

With the next wave of Animated toys coming up, has anyone noticed that it consists mostly of characters that made very minor appearances on the show? How about the more prominent characters that don't have figures yet? Or the ones that deserve better figures?

Here's my Animated wish list:

Deluxe Class

Bumblebee (Cybertron Mode)

Dirt Boss

Elita One

Perceptor

Prowl (Cybertron Mode)

Rattrap

Sentinel Prime (Cybertron Mode)

Wasp (Cybertron Mode)

Yoketron

Voyager Class

Cyclonus

Mixmaster

Scrapper

Sentinel Prime (perhaps with a transforming Headmaster)

Slipstream

Starscream (Cybertron Mode)

Leader Class

Bulkhead (Cybertron Mode)

Lugnut (Voyager version is an insult to the character)

Ultra Magnus (Powered Convoy colors)

Supreme Class

Omega Supreme

In addition, Hasbro should re-release Deluxe Ratchet with his magnets instead of random tools. I'm not gonna spend $30 for the

. And a Leader Class Bulkhead with a wrecking ball (not the lame buzzsaw gimmick) would be great. Edited by areaseven

In addition, Hasbro should re-release Deluxe Ratchet with his magnets instead of random tools.
He has magnets, albeit not complete ones. They flip up from under his forearms when you bend the elbow all the way.

When are the Animated Rodimus and Arcee estimated to be released?
Not sure, I'd say fall at earliest, or maybe Winter, or early Spring next year. I've heard that Blackout is set for release next year.

Of course, the same would be said about Starscream, as his body was taken over by Headmaster on Season 3.

Indeed. At the end Starscream, Bulkhead, and Sentinel Prime were the only 3 that Headmaster compatibility made sense for.

Which isn't to say I don't have MY Headmaster on Ultra Magnus.

He's gone undercover. Don't tell anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
The Japanese OP for transformers. Woah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWjXcmBjJXg

And i thought prime was called Convoy in Japan?

Takara Tomy decided to keep the western names on this one, probably because it's been marketed as a tie-in to the LAM.

Also, for reasons unknown, the Japanese toys are in a metallic finish, which is contradictory to their cartoonish looks.

I'm looking at the voice cast of the Japanese version and now I want to watch it. But if Bulkhead is called Ironhide on this one, what will they call the other Ironhide?

Autobots

Hiroki Takahashi (Saki in Area 88, Arthur in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny) as Optimus Prime

Daisuke Kishio (Chitose in Happy Lesson) as Bumblebee

Kenta Miyake (Bobby in Macross Frontier, Kouji in Tenjho Tenge) as Ironhide (Bulkhead)

Koji Yusa (Vincent in Ergo Proxy) as Prowl

Toru Ohkawa (Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist, Saito in Ghost in the Shell: SAC) as Ratchet

Banjou Ginga (Gihren in Mobile Suit Gundam, The Fallen in Transformers: ROTF) as Ultra Magnus

Junichi Suwabe (Greed in Fullmetal Alchemist, Sting Oakley in Gundam SEED Destiny) as Sentinel Prime

Ayahi Takagaki (Otome in Da Capo II, Feldt Grace in Mobile Suit Gundam 00) as Teletraan-1

Decepticons

Norio Wakamoto (Coach in Gunbuster, Suikakuju in Urotsukidoji) as Megatron

Jin Yamanoi (Leon in Resident Evil: Degenertion, Epps in Transformers) as Starscream

Ryoka Yuzuki (Armitage: Dual-Matrix, Haruka in My-Hime) as Blackarachnia

Cho (Jaken in Inuyasha, Simmons in Transformers) as Blitzwing

Kentaro Ito (Renji in Bleach, Akimichi in Naruto) as Lugnut

Nobuo Tobita (Kamille in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Sinistra in Kiddy Grade) as Soundwave

Human/Others

Satomi Akesaka (Varda in Engage Planet Kiss Dum) as Sari Sumdac

Takashi Nagasako (Nol Barkov in Armored Trooper VOTOMS) as Dr. Isaac Sumdac

Nobuo Tobita (Aoshima in Ah! My Goddess, SS-Sturmbannführer in Hellsing) as Capt. Carmine Fanzone

• 3 months later...

It's also a lie, as like 60% of the opening represents characters that are only in 1 or 2 eps of the entire series.

Of course, since they seem to be doing "inverse representation" it's appropriate that Sari isn't seen at all...

It's also a lie, as like 60% of the opening represents characters that are only in 1 or 2 eps of the entire series.

If at all. I don't think Soundblaster/Black Soundwave saw a single episode.

But how else you gonna sell the toys?

Of course, since they seem to be doing "inverse representation" it's appropriate that Sari isn't seen at all...

'S her own fault for not having a toy.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in black

I hit the sack

I've been too long I'm glad to be back

Yes, I'm let loose

From the noose

That's kept me hanging about

I've been looking at the sky

'Cause it's gettin' me high

Forget the hearse 'cause I never die

I got nine lives

Cat's eyes

Abusin' every one of them and running wild

'Cause I'm back

Yes, I'm back

Well, I'm back

Yes, I'm back

Well, I'm back, back

(Well) I'm back in black

Yes, I'm back in black...

AnimatedBlackConvoy11.jpg

Photo Credit: GenZhao, KOTOYS.com

Animated Optimus Prime (Black Version)

• 3 weeks later...

Scale is nice, but the transform seems a wee bit simple. Ill have to have a think about whether i want him or not.

I mentioned this in the other TF thread but: Im trying to find Bumblebee and Cliffjumper in Activators if anyone has any leads...

Well mate, if you want a BB that's show-accurate, the Hydrodrive is the way to go. Let's just hope that Hasbro will release it, even if it means it's a TRU exclusive.

As far as Cliffjumper goes, I don't remember ever seeing him in a U.S. package. I've only seen the Japanese version.

Maybe I could try to think of him as Gold Bug.

See, I don't even want to go there. I don't even know why Takara Tomy decided to give all of the figures a chrome/metallic finish. The matte finish on the original figures was perfect, as it matched the cartoonish designs; giving them metallic repaints just doesn't make sense.

is hasbro done releasing new animated figures? blackout was only released from takara tomy right? there'll still some characters that haven't been made but i don't like takara tomy's paint apps.

WOAH MY GOD as Megatron....this should be FUN!!!

"Atashi waaaaaarrrrRrrrrr megaturoooooonnnnnneeeeee"

Heheh, not to be a smart Alec, but "atashi" is used mainly by girls to refer to themselves. I'm not exactly an expert on the Japanese language, but I think watashi, washi, or ore-sama would be more fitting for Megatron.

• 2 weeks later...