Wanted:model building services

vt102

I was wondering if anyone here is offering their model building services. I am looking for someone to build a few valks for me. PM me your rates and info please. Thanks. Sorry, I know this is in the wrong section, but I know the model builders will see the message here. :)

Edited by vt102

Thanks, I sent him a PM.

If HWR doesn't have the time let me know I'd be interested in building kits for you. I can send you more pics if you like.

post-198-1180536446_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180536468_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

If HWR doesn't have the time let me know I'd be interested in building kits for you. I can send you more pics if you like.

PM sent. :)

By the way, nice builds. :D

Edited by vt102

I never understood how anyone can make any real money from building kits. If you factor in the amount of time it takes and the cost of materials, you end up making about $4 an hour.

Seriously, the people that build kits for money must do it for the love of building.

I never understood how anyone can make any real money from building kits. If you factor in the amount of time it takes and the cost of materials, you end up making about $4 an hour.

Seriously, the people that build kits for money must do it for the love of building.

Thanks, you may be right, but please keep your comments to yourself. I do not want people here raising the rates because of your comment. I would build them myself, but I lack the skill to build anything military or anything that needs weathering, and with 3 kid under the age of 6, I have no time.

I dont have the time YET. Also i dont do Gundam. cant stand the things. Anything else is good just not gundam. They dont inspire me to build.

Gundam? What is that? LOL. Don't worry, I dont follow that series. I only like the VF1 series valks, nothing else.

Here's some more pics of my work, several people have asked so here ya go.

The X-9 Ghost

[attachmentid=42766]

My VF-Armored Kit Bash

[attachmentid=42767]

[attachmentid=42768]

Another shot of the Ostrich

[attachmentid=42769]

Flightline Shots

[attachmentid=42770]

[attachmentid=42771]

[attachmentid=42772]

Custom Super VF-1D

[attachmentid=42773]

[attachmentid=42774]

[attachmentid=42775]

VF-1J

[attachmentid=42776]

VF-1A's

[attachmentid=42777]

post-198-1180555843_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180555955_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180555985_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556077_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556117_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556141_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556245_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556365_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556413_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556445_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556505_thumb.jpg

post-198-1180556628_thumb.jpg

Hear here! I tried doing the math from every angle, heck, I even employed that "new math", and it still came out to far less than what I could pay the bills with :lol:

Some folks just build for the pure love of the build though, and I can respect that.

I have a friend who used and still does occasionally work painting Radio controlled car shells for competition use, He suplimented that with custom paint and detailing jobs of the 1/18 and bigger scale models by Tamiya and the like. He branched out into doing crash helmets for motor bikers and competition racing cars. In the end the Crash hat were the only thing making him money.

At least now he gets paid and the car shells get paid for by the RC mags who he works for for photo shoots.

Rule is most hobbies never make you rich, unless your hobby is Indie car racing and you happen to own or drive for the team.

Edited by big F