King of Fighters - Live-Action?!?

From the Anime News Network:

Japanese, US Companies Fund Live-Action King of Fighters

As the Cannes Film Festival comes to a close, Variety has reported that a live-action feature film based on SNK's King of Fighters series of videogames is confirmed for production.

Japan's Micott & Basara and the American distribution company Arclight Films will be jointly financing the project. Joseph Chou (who is also currently working on the Appleseed sequel Ex Machina) and Tim Kwok (Wicked City) will co-produce the film, with Hong Kong film industry veteran Gordon Chan (most familiar to Western audiences as the director of Jackie Chan's 2003 film The Medallion) signing up to direct. Shooting is scheduled to commence in the first quarter of 2008 in Asia.

"I am going to kick Bison's ass so hard that every Bison wanna be will feel it." - Col. William Guile/ Jean-Claude Van Damme....yeah greatest line ever lol!

Wrong. The greatest line ever was delivered by Raul Julia/M. Bison. "You came here expecting to fight a madman, but instead you found a god!" Yeah, that sums up the movie for me right there... :wacko:

No, there were better lines on that film:

Ryu: "You're Edmond Honda, the sumo wrestling champ from Hawaii. You almost became Yokozuna."

E. Honda: "That was until Bison ruined my reputation."

Balrog: "Same with my boxing career."

Ken: (looking at Chun-Li) "Let me guess...figure skating?"

Guile: "It's the Collection Agency, Bison. Your ass is six months over due, and it's mine."

Bison: "You have made me a very happy man."

Guile: "And next, I'll make you a dead one."

Cammy: "Cammy here, are you all right?"

Guile: "I'm okay. I'm just half dead."

Cammy: "And Bison?"

Guile: "All dead."

And this line sums up the entire movie:

Zangief: "Quick! Change the channel!"

Edited by areaseven

I have a feeling this is going to suck. :p Just too easy for so many things to go wrong. Like going with any of the storylines after '97.

It would be awesome if they adapted the KOF Kyo manga's story for the movie. :)

guys, whos producing this? Japs or Western influence?

dare i say it and despondently SF the movie was made in AUSTRALIA. with moreso western influence correct?

i mean come on, it had Kylie Minogue. lol ... as cammy. lol lol lol lol lol

NO the best one liner from SF the movie was Bison goin on about his..

M A G N E T I C B O O T S ! ! :ph34r:

We all know why Raul Julia had those heart attacks and eventually :( ...... I wanted Adam's Family 3!!! BASTARDS!

and another thing, Ken is my fav character... look what they did to him! BOO HOO HOO! :mellow::angry::(

no this movie will NOT be like SF, they have learnt there lesson.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

(Edited for Content)

Guys, who's producing this? Japanese or Western influence?

Dare I say it, and despondently, SF the Movie was made in AUSTRALIA, with moreso western influence, correct?

I mean, come on, it had Kylie Minogue. lol ... as Cammy. lol lol lol lol lol

NO - the best one-liner from SF the Movie was Bison goin' on about his..

M A G N E T I C B O O T S ! ! :ph34r:

We all know why Raul Julia had those heart attacks and eventually :( ... I wanted Addams Family 3!!! BASTARDS!

And another thing, Ken is my favorite character. Look what they did to him! BOO HOO HOO! :mellow::angry::(

No, this movie will NOT be like SF; they have learned their lesson.

Like the article says, it's a Japan/US co-production. I doubt that the KOF movie will primarily be of Japanese influence, but since it's not as mainstream as SF or DOA, you'll never know until actual screenshots are released.

And what exactly was Bison's line about his magnetic boots? It couldn't have been funnier than Zangief's line on changing the channel.

Live-action Mai Shiranui cannot be done :p No way of getting that size of anti-grav boobs on a live woman. :lol:

So they'll just do what they did with DoA.

Cast Devon Aoki as Mai. :D

Wow, come to think of it, there were A LOT of lines in Street Fighter that are worth cringing over. The electro-magnetism crap made no sense, and was one of the worst lines in the movie as well.

And yeah, Mai's probably not going to end up nearly as nice as we'd all like... :(

i mean come on, it had Kylie Minogue. lol ... as cammy. lol lol lol lol lol

It weird but not as weird as what they did to blanka!

Carlos Blanka = Charlie :D :D :D

So that's what happened to him. Bison captured him, experimented on him, and he became blanka!

The one thing they did right was allow van damne to do a somersault kick. SF special moves normally don't translate well into live action. I knew in the back of my ind this was going to not be like the game where you can just accept that people defy gravity and float in the air (yoga power?) and do spin kicks that allow them to hover on the ground, (hurricane kick) or just project some magic chi energy from their hands to finish people off.

Mortal Kombat can get away with it since the game used people. So anyone who had seen Big Trouble in Little China was prepared to except some of this. (remember that guy with the chinese hat who had lightning coming out of his eyes and mouth?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

And yeah, Mai's probably not going to end up nearly as nice as we'd all like... :(

With the billions upon billions of people and genetic possibilities out there, I refuse to believe that there isn't some woman out there that doesn't look close to this, minus the eyes of course:

IPB Image IPB Image

With the billions upon billions of people and genetic possibilities out there, I refuse to believe that there isn't some woman out there that doesn't look close to this, minus the eyes of course:

IPB Image IPB Image

Looks is one thing.

But can they at least act without someone standing 2 feet away from her onscreen with cue cards and her staring at the cards all the time while recording? :lol:

Looks is one thing.

But can they at least act without someone standing 2 feet away from her onscreen with cue cards and her staring at the cards all the time while recording? :lol:

Lol. I dunno' about you man, but if I met a girl that looked like that I WANT her to be dumb and completely impressionable. I did get that Mai statue by the way-she's gotta' be the hottest piece of anime-statue-ass I've ever seen...