The MW Automotive Thread 3.0

And now, here's the 2010 Ford Mustang. And no, I'll stick to my '05, thank you very much.

Mr._Horse_as_a_GI.png

No sir, I don't like it...

He*l, if you want "'69-'70 inspired looks," you can just get a complete shell and build your own "new" 1969 Mustang. Dynacorn has expanded their lineup to include 1969 fastback body shells [although I may be out of touch, but I STILL think the price-point for ALL their complete body shells is about $4000+ TOO HIGH <_< ]. LOL, now you can get a "1:1 scale diecast replica," mint in box...

Edited by reddsun1

Am I nuts, or are the front wheels bigger than the rear? It looks odd in those pics, or like the rear has way too stiff springs that are lifting it up.

The wheels are the same size but they beefed the rear end up to include more muscular rear fenders, notice the fender arch that runs into the top of the door panel (above the fender flare which due to the fender arch is no longer clearly defined). This thing definitely needs slightly larger rear tires to balance out it's new found rear proportions.

Got my new taillights in a few days ago, but it was 100% overcast so they don't "sparkle" like they normally do. This is about the best angle. (my front splashguards are on too, but hard to see from this angle against the black tires) And I'll have to wait until spring provides better lighting to get really good pics.

IMG_0877T.jpg

Got my new taillights in a few days ago, but it was 100% overcast so they don't "sparkle" like they normally do. This is about the best angle. (my front splashguards are on too, but hard to see from this angle against the black tires) And I'll have to wait until spring provides better lighting to get really good pics.

Looks good!

http://video.kenblockracing.com/embed/small/204/9183/

WOW.

:blink:

This fellow has a promising future as a stunt driver in Hollywood.

In fact--expect the carbon-copy hacks that are churning out the current gen. movies to write some 90 minutes of fluff around a chase scene almost exactly like this within the next 1-2 years... <_<

That was awesome!

Aston Martin is working on a new supercar using a carbon fiber chassis and an aluminum body that give it a curb weight of 3,300 lbs. Power comes from a 7.3 liter V12 that generates a projected 700 bhp and 553 lb-ft of torque. The asking price? Approximately $1.6 million.

Will James Bond trash this one on the next film? Probably.

2009-Aston-Martin-One-77-Front-Top-1280x960.jpg

2009-Aston-Martin-One-77-Side-1280x960.jpg

2009-Aston-Martin-One-77-Rear-And-Side-1280x960.jpg

2009 Aston Martin One-77

Edited by areaseven

The front end loses me, i love the rear, especially the tail lights. The front end just doesn't look aggressive enough, the grill is bulbous instead of hard lined like the current line up which takes a lot away from the design (since its AM's signature). The ZR-1 brake/engine duct does nothing for me, also taking away from AM's signature simplistic vented fenders and IMO brings the overall class that AM's exude down a few notches. I think if they keep the rear, harden the lines of the front end, and do something more appropriate with the ZR-1 Fenders this could be a pretty awesome car.

You should post the Rapide to show the contrast of what a real four door sports coupe should look like. I hate four door sport coupes but the rapide is the only one of this new found wave that i would own. I hate the Lambo estoque or whatever its called, and the porsche panamera looks like ass.

The AM is missing the vents that make an AM look like an AM. These vents look like the new Vette's vents.

Edit in: emaginthis, yeah, hte ZR1 vents.

Edited by Agent ONE

We got a new ram-air hood, for the racing-time to scramble Trans-Am again...

canonpics004-1.jpg

ws6nose.jpg

ws6noseside.jpg

ws6noseclose.jpg

I shoulda' bought a factory hood but it would've cost me $1500 shipped; I found this fiberglass piece at a garage sale locally for $150. I'll probably keep it primer black, I don't wanna' spend money on a hood I'll just replace anyway. I love this hood!

Edited by myk

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I can add +1 permanent "man points". I changed my own brake pads for the first time. (I also confirmed my front calipers are dual-piston).

Good Job man, i was going to change out the brakes on my wife's SUV last week but got lazy and had my friend do them instead (he does it for free anyway, just cost of parts) i notice that i'm much lazier with her car than mine even though hers probably deserves more attention.

Also at Trenton, love the Z's and R6, have you done anything to the Z's or are the stock? Any plans for the R6 (sprocket/chain, brakes, rear terminator, frame sliders, etc.) or keeping it stock for better resale?

Dang.

Same as a Charger/Challenger though---the SRT costs WAY more than the R/T, but doesn't give you THAT much more performance IMHO.

PS--what color? IMHO, the G8 looks best in white, and I'm not a fan of white. But on that car, it looks good.

PPS----hey, an Xmas avatar! There's a lot fewer of those net-wide this year for some reason.

The 10k difference for most premium model cars is usually an ECU remap and brakes, but for the GXP its a bigger motor (6.2 over 6.0 with 50 more hp), brembos, LSD, tuned suspension and 19 inch wheels. You actually get your ten grand worth, but that gas guzzler tax is no fun. Of course with 10 extra grand and a GT model, you could probably get a better aftermarket LSD, better wheels, and a supercharger before you run out of money (you could probably sell the current wheels to afford better brakes too).

Dang.

Same as a Charger/Challenger though---the SRT costs WAY more than the R/T, but doesn't give you THAT much more performance IMHO.

PS--what color? IMHO, the G8 looks best in white, and I'm not a fan of white. But on that car, it looks good.

PPS----hey, an Xmas avatar! There's a lot fewer of those net-wide this year for some reason.

It will be black, but if for some reason I can't find one , white was the second choice, followed by the Metallic Gray. BUt most of my cars are always black. Firehawk black, GTO black.

The 10k difference for most premium model cars is usually an ECU remap and brakes, but for the GXP its a bigger motor (6.2 over 6.0 with 50 more hp), brembos, LSD, tuned suspension and 19 inch wheels. You actually get your ten grand worth, but that gas guzzler tax is no fun. Of course with 10 extra grand and a GT model, you could probably get a better aftermarket LSD, better wheels, and a supercharger before you run out of money (you could probably sell the current wheels to afford better brakes too).

I know the 10K for what you get is "worth it" in that sense. It's just not worth it to me in the sense that I no longer need the hp increase as much (I'm in an admin position now so no need to chase criminals with my car), the Brembos are only on the fronts and haven't shown much of an increase in performance over the stockers which are better than most anyways. The 19" wheels are ok (they are not the HSV ones as some have said, they are more similar to the CTS-V's), but the standard 19's with the sport pkg will be fine, as I'm chucking them anyways and going with Breytons. The fancy GXP seats from the show car are gone...I'd rather spend the cash on my own upgrades if I even wind up upgrading anything.