RichyX

was wondering if anyone can help me out here

i have i think all the episodes of robotech

macross saga

the masters

new generation

shadow chronicles

robotech 2 the sentinels

now after the macross saga the robotech 2 movie would be after this showing dana sterling as a child

then would be the masters where it was dana mainly and the hover tanks, but what happended to her after this?

from the movie it showed rick hunter and lisa hayes going off in the sdf-3 so this si where they come back into it in shadow chronicles

but what happened to the sdf-1 was it completely destroyed at the end of macross saga? (this is where im getting confused with macross) as its there in macross plus and the macross 2

with regarding macross

was it a series from the start, if so where can i get it from?

is macross zero the start?

whats after zero, dyrl? ( i have clash of the bionoids) :D so have seen this but ths just shows me a different shorter version(better i think) of robotech macross saga but the chraracters are much older ;)

whats after dyrl? macross 7? whats this about as havnt seen it yet?

what ever happended to minmay, miriya,max,etc

sorry for the stuipd questions but would really like to know if anyone can help me out espically with the shows

as

Let's see how brief I can be:

Forget Masters and Next Generation. Those are totally different animes in Japan and were artificially grafted onto Macross to form a longer series when it was brought over to America. They're as different as Star Wars and Star Trek.

Likewise, ignore any Robotech spin-offs such as the shadow chronicles.

Macross TV Series ("SDF Macross") = What officially happened.

Macross Movie ("Do You Remember Love?") = A stylized retelling of the events in the series. Portrayed as a movie documentary within the TV series universe. Though the TV series story is official "canon". . . the slightly more modern mecha, character, and costume designs from the movie are likewise "canon" and are used in all future Macross animes.

Macross Zero, Macross Plus, Macross 7, and Flashback 2012 are also canon. But do not cover events immediately surrounding those of SDF Macross and DYRL (movie).

Macross II is not considered canon. It was done without Kawamori's (Macross creator's) involvement.

but what happened to the sdf-1 was it completely destroyed at the end of macross saga?

In Macross the SDF-1 survives, in the Robotech version it is destroyed.

what ever happended to minmay, miriya,max,etc

Minmay goes off in the Megaroad spacecraft with "Lisa" and "Rick," that's all you ever know.

"Miriya" and Max are major players in Macross 7.

I don't know what happens to "Dana," and I don't care.

For Macross:

Zero is the prequel (not that good in my opinion)

Macross is the series Robotech:Macross Saga was drawn from

Macross DYRL is a retelling of the Macross series

Macross Plus is a fairly unrelated sequel (but pretty good on its own)

Macross 7 is about a colony fleet and its pop-singing, jet pilot hero

Macross 2 was sequel to the DYRL storyline, but isn't considered part of the main Macross storyline anymore

I'm really glad that this thread hasn't turned-into an "eat 'im alive!" thread quite yet.

I considered the following "hybrid timeline" a few years ago for people who want to include anything and everything. Of course, it involves a whole bunch of jury-rigging and the like, but hey, if someone wants to enjoy Robotech and Macross at the same time...whatever floats your boat.

1999--The SDF-1 Macross lands on Earth

2007--The VF-0 is launched in the Unification Wars

2009--The Earth is attacked by the Zentraedi and Meltrandi fleets

2010--Kamjin Kravshera, the flower-eating pimp daddy of the Zentraedi forces, unsuccessfully launches a suicide mission into the SDF-1 Macross

2012--The first interstellar colonisation fleets are launched in the Robotech Expeditionary Force (REF) along with the SDF-3/Megaroad to explore the cosmos

2025--The Earth is attacked by the Robotech Masters, but are defeated by the Armies of the Southern Cross

2026--A second group of Robotech Masters attacks the Earth

2030--The Invid rule the Earth, harvesting the planet of its Protoculture

2033--The Invid are defeated by the returning ships of the Robotech Expeditionary Force (REF)

2035--The Robotech Masters return again, only to face fledgling forces of the REF and the Invid. With no group of decent strength, the groups intermix and begin rebuilding the Earth.

2040--The YF-19 and YF-21 are destroyed in an unscheduled test flight over New Macross City

2045--The expeditionary ship Macross 7 encounters the Protodevilin

2047--Members of the UN Spacy's Sound Force encounter apparitions known as the Galactic Whales

2062--The Orbital Elevator is destroyed in an interstellar battle

2089--The Earth is attacked by the Marduk

The "Unified Timeline" pretty-much grew out of necessity for role-playing game campaigns, where I was running a Macross II group and a Robotech group on separate days, and decided to have a mega-game-day where everyone played together. :mellow: Of course, I'm prepared to get slapped for no intelligent reason now that I've posted this... ^_^

thanks for the replies

ive always though that robotech was just the US version of macross how wrong am i now :o

didnt even realise that masters and new generation were not even robotech to begin with

i can see why now thers a difference

so to get the jist of macross i really want to start from zero,dyrl,plus,macross 2, macross 7?

can these be bought on dvd, i have plus and macross 2, and dyrl but on vhs but the english dubbed version(clash of the bionoids)

so i take it zero and 7 are just subtitled whch is fine anyhow

could someone tell me how many episodes there are or if i can get a completet boxset from anywhere

thanks

so to get the jist of macross i really want to start from zero,dyrl,plus,macross 2, macross 7?

can these be bought on dvd, i have plus and macross 2, and dyrl but on vhs but the english dubbed version(clash of the bionoids)

so i take it zero and 7 are just subtitled whch is fine anyhow

I would skip Macross Zero and Macross 7. Well, maybe not skip Mac0, but at least hold off until you have seen the rest. It only works as a prequel if you've seen what comes after first. Even then I don't think it works that well.

Macross 2 isn't neccessary either.

And while Mac7 does continue the Macross universe story, you might not like where it takes it. But D/L a few episodes and decide for yourself.

I don't think you are going to find a copy of Zero or 7 on DVD if you are in the States. At least not a legitimate copy. I watched both when Kazaa was hot, but I imagine they can be torrented easily enough

ohhhh and don't forget that heaping pile of dog @#$% that is "Robotech: The Movie" or in some circles "The Untold Story" using Megazone 23. It should have been left untold imo.............. :wacko::blink:

Edited by protodeviln

The Macross saga as a overall story line was not that good to me compared to Robotech. The Macross Saga was good, but the rest of the shows had too many preachy undertones.(macross plus,zero) and Mac 7 just flat out sucked.(way too much stock footage. As stroy telling robotech did a better job cobbling a story together.

Tho macross zero did have some of the best mech battles ever!!! :)

The Macross saga as a overall story line was not that good to me compared to Robotech. The Macross Saga was good, but the rest of the shows had too many preachy undertones.(macross plus,zero) and Mac 7 just flat out sucked.(way too much stock footage. As stroy telling robotech did a better job cobbling a story together.

Tho macross zero did have some of the best mech battles ever!!! :)

Well to each their own.

I like RT for what it was, but the original stories work better for me (despite M7), after all they were not "cobbled together" they were written out of thin air and had a theme beyond the old "who gets the magic batteries"...

You got me on the magic batteries but what about that corny "birdman" junk from zero. floating stones and all that metaphoric jazz. RT just kind of cut to the chase. I think if the as a whole if Macross would have kept the formula simple" robots and guys in robots killing each other" that macross could possibly be Gundam like when it comes to shows.

Well to each their own.

I like RT for what it was, but the original stories work better for me (despite M7), after all they were not "cobbled together" they were written out of thin air and had a theme beyond the old "who gets the magic batteries"...

You got me on the magic batteries but what about that corny "birdman" junk from zero. floating stones and all that metaphoric jazz. RT just kind of cut to the chase. I think if the as a whole if Macross would have kept the formula simple" robots and guys in robots killing each other" that macross could possibly be Gundam like when it comes to shows.

Dude if you have issues with plausible ancient bio-weapons like the AFOS and telekinetic abilities, then steer clear of Mac 7.... :p

As well you should... :p

Well, like I said, it is best for role-playing gaming. Legiosses and Thunderbolts and Metal Sirens in a trans-atmopsheric dogfight just kinda calls for a "HOLY @#$%!!!" no matter how one looks at it. :D But yeah, like I said, in order to make it work, one has to get pretty wild with the imagination...

POWER TO THE WORLD

POWER TO THE LOVERS

Hon tou no aiga mitai-inosa

POWER TO THE RAINBOW

POWER TO THE FUTURE

Akira metara oshima isa

ローマ字ã¯é¦¬é¹¿ãªèªžã ã‚ã•ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ» B))

Edited by Kamjin 639

Well, like I said, it is best for role-playing gaming. Legiosses and Thunderbolts and Metal Sirens in a trans-atmopsheric dogfight just kinda calls for a "HOLY @#$%!!!" no matter how one looks at it. :D But yeah, like I said, in order to make it work, one has to get pretty wild with the imagination...

ローマ字ã¯é¦¬é¹¿ãªèªžã ã‚ã•ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ» B))

eltértél a tárgytól ;)

eltértél a tárgytól ;)

I disagree. If one believes Basara's singing voice actor is good enough at pronouncing English to validate using Roman-derived letters instead of Katakana, then he's certainly proficient enough at pronouncing Japanese to validate using Japanese characters, hm? :D

I disagree. If one believes Basara's singing voice actor is good enough at pronouncing English to validate using Roman-derived letters instead of Katakana, then he's certainly proficient enough at pronouncing Japanese to validate using Japanese characters, hm? :D

Agreed :)

In case no one mentioned it, the origninal serise is called "Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross" or SDF: Macross

imho THAT is where anyone should start with Macross, followed by Macross Plus for some breathing room then finally Do You Remember Love?

Macross7 and MacrossZero i consider completely secondary because of their new approach to the franchise (ie: adding a more mysitical power to the music in the show, rather than just relying on the shock of no culture vs culture).

MacrossII is so different i don't know what to tell you, it's NOTHING like anything else in Macross. Not necesarily bad, just way way different.

Just watch in order of production.

That way you won't get confused about how primitive the look of the vf-1 is compared to the vf-0 and wonder why humans went retro in their clothing style, technology, and even body. (roy fokker looks different in SDf:macross. Indicating he is wearing a wig later on and some new experiment made him taller, possibly some OT being used on pilots without thier knowledge to make humans more giant? who knows...)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

In case no one mentioned it, the origninal serise is called "Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross" or SDF: Macross

imho THAT is where anyone should start with Macross, followed by Macross Plus for some breathing room then finally Do You Remember Love?

Macross7 and MacrossZero i consider completely secondary because of their new approach to the franchise (ie: adding a more mysitical power to the music in the show, rather than just relying on the shock of no culture vs culture).

MacrossII is so different i don't know what to tell you, it's NOTHING like anything else in Macross. Not necesarily bad, just way way different.

Macross II felt much more like the macross world than Macross Plus did. I liked Plus much more than 2, but Macross II certainly feels like Macross. I think its biggest problem is that it isn't different enough.

Macross II felt much more like the macross world than Macross Plus did. I liked Plus much more than 2, but Macross II certainly feels like Macross. I think its biggest problem is that it isn't different enough.

meh, just my opinion. anything with music as a weapon for reasons other than culture shock doesn't feel like macross to me. Plus BARELY sneaks by imho with the sorta explanation that the music is hypnotic, with out actually stating anything about spirita (i think)

anyway just my opinion.. i was tempted to just say "Watch SDF" and go home happy.

SDFM and DYRL?, before things got ridiculous Macross 7!

I don't know, Mac Zero was much more plausible for an SF story, with ancient bio weapons and telekinetic abilities, as opposed to the magic rainbow song energy of Mac 7, so I'd include Zero it as well, IMHO.