SV-51 on display at Asobit city

jwinges

So I'm in Akihabara on the 31st and go over to the grand opening of the Asobit city toy store (they moved across the street and down the alley. Anyway I was at their old store a couple of days earlier and got some sweet deals:

-CM Myria wedding set for 100 yen

-a bunch of HCM pro gundam toys for 600 yen

So at the new opening they have the SV-51 in a display case in fighter mode. If your in the area you should check it out.

I had a great trip and in the words of master hopposai: "whatta haul, whatta haul"

I'll post pics of my goodies later.

-CM Myria wedding set for 100 yen

Back, must have been a one day sale the ones you can see in the picture in the Macross area are priced 2600ï¿¥.

The new location is F-ing cool so much better then when it was on the main strip.

post-3328-1175496398_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1175496407_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1175496415_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1175496423_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1175496432_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaveRobotech

haha bump! Sorry for the wait fell in a pit of snakes. "Snakes......... I hate Snakes."

Oh yeah sorry for the bad quality camera phone shots will replace on Tuesday with better ones, didn't bring my camera to work today.

Edited by SaveRobotech

Thanks for the pics. Awesome job there.

No offense, but that thing is hideous.

Where's the one the chick flew? I think that registered higher on the cool meter.

Edited by Skull-1

*wipes off shoes and throws drool soaked towel at Valkyrie addict*

Are we sure this is a prodiuction sample? It looka a little mis-aligned at the joints, like a resin kit might be. And I could swear I saw an SV-51 pic from another show where the gun pod was missing as well.

Still, it looks pretty sweet, but needs to be a little tighter for the final version.

*wipes off shoes and throws drool soaked towel at Valkyrie addict*

Are we sure this is a prodiuction sample? It looka a little mis-aligned at the joints, like a resin kit might be. And I could swear I saw an SV-51 pic from another show where the gun pod was missing as well.

Still, it looks pretty sweet, but needs to be a little tighter for the final version.

It looks great!

So if this is a pre-production sample...it means Yamato has been sending Pre-production samples to their favorite shops, suppliers...and reviewers ;) ...which means..."He" probably has one in his possession now! :o

Strange, it doesn't have any missiles on it. The Shop owner should have placed the multiple accessories like the booster, missiles etc on the SV-51 to make it look more deadly!

On a side note, if VFs(VF1/VF-0) are called Valks/Valkyries, what are SV's(SV-51) called?

So these pre-production samples are the finest ones that came off the assembly line to be reviwed by the shops and suppliers eh? I hope that the mass produced ones will be of the same quality unlike the fiasco of the YF-19 pre-production samples and the actual mass produced ones.

Edited by gian7675

On a side note, if VFs(VF1/VF-0) are called Valks/Valkyries, what are SV's(SV-51) called?

i've been wondering that myself?

same goes for the YF in YF-19/21, though someone said the Y does really stand for anything, only that its given to experimental fighters or something to that extent.

So is the new store bigger ?

I need to know as I will be there in just over 1 month. ABC is my favorite shop next to Yodabashi Camera and Mandrake

I think the new store is bigger. At least it has more figures...I bet there was an additional 20% more figures in the new store than the old. I liked Yodabashi, ABC was good, but Mandrake was a waste...they didn't have squat for what I wanted and what they did have the prices were way too high.

I was really impressed with the new Asobit, as well as the Yellow submarine building across from Gamers. There was also a nice little gundam shop on the opposite side of the Yellow submarine building about a block away from gamers.

I think in total I bought 3 MG gundams, and 15 or 16 of the HCM pro gundam toys. Add in some macross and gunbuster stuff.

same goes for the YF in YF-19/21, though someone said the Y does really stand for anything, only that its given to experimental fighters or something to that extent.

The VF-0 had no codename designation. I think there was one time when people here thought they were named "Phoenix" though.

Technically only the VF-1s were code named Valkyrie, but somehow the name stuck throughout all Variable Fighters after the VF-1 as a general term for Variable Fighters.

The SV-51 didn't have any codename that i know of.

X stands for experimental. After the experimental stage comes the prototype stage right? Well, Y comes after X so maybe that's it. :huh:

I suspected that it was "Phantom", I heard it dropped in the anime when it tried to take the AFOS from the Asuka, right before Roy hit him with the Armoured VF-0S.

That can't be right, the Phantom name is already taken by the F-4.

X stands for experimental. After the experimental stage comes the prototype stage right? Well, Y comes after X so maybe that's it. :huh:

you could be right but both the YF-19 and 21 are in the experimental/prototype stage in the show so heres a :huh: right back at ya. :p

i dunno?, some of the macross universe makes no sense to me at all but i guess the important thing to keep in mind is that the toys are really cool. :D

That can't be right, the Phantom name is already taken by the F-4.

Actually I think it's the other way around and the wrong terms to use. First you create a prototype, then you make the test type for testing (obviously). But all versions of a plane are considered experimental until its proving runs are completed and is put into production.

As for the YF, I thought it was to desgnate that they were test types and not production (VF) types. Could be wrong.

but Mandrake was a waste...they didn't have squat for what I wanted and what they did have the prices were way too high.

I have only ever been to the Shibuya store which is big but easily missed if you cant remember where it is. That store was o.k for Macross Last year I spent over £100 in one go just on Macross books, Year befor that I spent that again on Wave resin. May be It seemed cheap to me because of the good exchange rate, I dont know. This year I ntend to do Denden Town as well. But ABC is on my list.

"Y" is for test aircraft, non-production. I just saw Macross zero a couple of weeks ago and I seem to recall everyone calling it the "zero." Like a throwback to WWII. The zero's are still revered in Japan like the Mustangs and Spitfires in the US and UK. "X" is experimental of course, but you can have civilian production kits in that category too.

Bet you'll never guess what the "K" stands for in the tanker designations. I laughed when I found out because it's so obvious (once you know what its named for). No Googling! ;) - MT

Damn, you're right. :(

Here's another question. If the VF-0 was a testing platform that never went into full production, why didn't it have the YF designation? :blink:

well, once it went operational, it would no longer be given the Y designation, right?

Bet you'll never guess what the "K" stands for in the tanker designations. I laughed when I found out because it's so obvious (once you know what its named for). No Googling! ;) - MT

I always thought the K was for the k in tanKer... Since they couldn't use T, since that was in use for Trainer...

Damn, you're right. :(

Here's another question. If the VF-0 was a testing platform that never went into full production, why didn't it have the YF designation? :blink:

*Points at Dave, JBO, Azrael*

:mellow: The rationale escapes me, ask those Macrossfreaks. ^_^