Toynami news on their Beta and 1/100 Fast Packs

This line drove my attention:

"Also of note with the Cyclones is that Toynami is working in conjunction with a Japanese distributor to release the line in Japan as well. Good news for Japanese collectors for sure."

It seems the Cyclones announced by Beagle are in fact the Toynami ones after all: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22044

Bad news for Japanese collectors for sure :p

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Translation :

We are still negotiating with the terrorists we hope to hire to steal the molds from CM corporation and burn their factory down. Of course this means that our Beta won't join with our Alpha but we won't tell anyone until the pre-orders are over.

:lol:

The Toynami's Beta is an "Arlésienne"... A myth.... An old legend like the atlantide....

I'm waiting the CM's version of Alpha and Beta....

• 1 month later...

The Aoshima (i'm assuming) Alpha looks to have a different color green paint on the Yellow version. It's much brighter. Then again, those could just be old prototype Toynami toys that they still just use for display purposes.

What the heck is up with that Beta??? We need more info. If it's the Toynami version that's the first time it's been shown in fighter mode to my knowledge. It looks like it may be a retooled prototype if it is from Toynami which would certainly bode well. Hrmmmm too many questions at this point. Someone read that stuff to me! :)

I have long speculated the VFA-6H didn't see a full 15K production run but Kevin at the Valk Exchange stated last time I brought up that conspiracy that he believed all were made and sold. I'm still not 100% convinced but he'd know a heck of a lot better than I would. If Toynami were smart it'd be sand bagging a few thousand Scott MPCs for a Beta release. Starting with a Shadow Beta might also make great sense since it'd go with three MPC releases rather than just the one.

Yes, your comments are accurate of what I know. There were a total of '2.5' production runs. The first production run of roughly 3K units were 'mispainted' with the cyan blue chest plates. The remaining portion of the run had the color corrected. A second run was done 9-12 months later and I THINK they finished the entire 15K run.

I suppose they could do another run with the Blue Alpha and Beta as new Mastepiece set so technically, it doesn't go against their original plans of 15K per Alpha variant. I doubt they will produce 15K of the Alpha/Beta set.

I don't belive the 15K run was completed for the Red, Green, or Shadow alphas.

What the heck is up with that Beta??? We need more info. If it's the Toynami version that's the first time it's been shown in fighter mode to my knowledge.

i'm pretty sure it's been shown in Fighter mode before.... especially back when it was on display at AX/SDCC some years ago....

Oh yeah... well I'm pretty sure you're wrong! :p

No, seriously, we just had a thread not too long ago where a member accused the Toynami version of not having a cockpit because it was never displayed in fighter mode... only combined fighter mode with the Legioss at the head.

any info on FP for 1/100? I am now ready to buy a 1/100 vf-1j. :D

This will show my support for toynamis macross stuff. I'm hoping they don't just abandon the FP altogether due to perceived lack of interest. I haven't actually bought a single toynami thing yet. Almost considered getting the MPC vf-1 when I first came to the boards though.

Maybe they should redo the toynami alpha as the "mospeada legioss" (with all new box and everything, and proper naming of characters) and have all the improvements in it? Robotech fans can't complain since it is a "Mospeada" toy for US fans of the japanese show. Not for fans of robotech. Two totally different things. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Oh yeah... well I'm pretty sure you're wrong! :p

No, seriously, we just had a thread not too long ago where a member accused the Toynami version of not having a cockpit because it was never displayed in fighter mode... only combined fighter mode with the Legioss at the head.

In any case is weird that Toynami shows a new unpaintes Alpha prototype. Could it mean that they're reworking it and now it finally connect to the Alpha and makes a better Soldier mode? We can only hope.

Edit: I just realized that those Alphas have missiles under the intakes AND you can see the extra missile pod behind Yellow's left shoulder! I hope that doesn't mean those are the actual Aoshimas, They still can't hold an "A" stance and that green is hideous.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Wait a minute, let's go back to the Beta cockpit. :blink:

Assuming this is the Toynami prototype or a reworked version of it (it definitely has the Toynami version's well-known "boxiness"), that's definitely the first time I've ever seen the cockpit on the sucker.

But it's just surprising that they're showing this at a Japanese convention(?). Again, this is ASSUMING that what we're looking at is the Toynami Beta.

Also, I'm curious to see if they added any special features to this new-fangled cockpit and how this particular section will transform and maintain its anime-accuracy in all three modes.

The plot thickens. :unsure:

Just for "gits and shiggles" :p , here's a pic of the original Toynami Beta prototype that premiered at AX many moons ago.....(for comparison purposes):

[attachmentid=42574]

post-3595-1179465323_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mog

Wow, from rumor central here things to note. I had heard from one very unreliable source and one somewhat reliable source back in the day that Toynami was having a hard time making a cockpit that could fit a figure and that was something they were big on. Looking at this prototype, if it even is a Toynami Tread, it would seem that they finally figured how to pull it off. Note the pin at the base of the cockpit which can either denote the rotation of the cockpit and/OR the cockpit's ability to open. The juicy seam looks to me like that cockpit does indeed open up but obviously that's pure speculation. Any other differences are extremely minor so I can't tell if it's an entirely new prototype. There seems to be very mild differences on what ends up being the chest in battloid as well. Obviously if Toynami is re-working the prototype that bodes very well for us Mospeada fans.

Edited by jenius

Perhaps it's just me, but the new sculpt of the Beta looks less detailed, and kinda awkward with the cockpit being the way it is. Is it supposed to look that big? Also, it's probably just the angle, but the Toynami Beta looks like it doesn't have any joints or anything. I hope they didn't decide on a non-transforming Beta. That was one of their options for awhile, as George over there told me. Coin toss!!!!

The only way to de-brick-ify the Beta is to give it a prominent cockpit in fighter mode. I'm actually thrilled with the cockpit, I prefer it to the slender cockpit of the CMs version. You have a good point as to it not having visible transformation mechanisms though but the only way we'd know better on that is to get a picture from below it... or if any of that Japanese writing says "transformable".