Blazing Transfer Student (1991 OVA)

Area88

4205.jpgblazing.jpg

Blazing Transfer Student is one of the most obscure OVA's you will ever hear about, it was originally only released on Laserdisc in 1991 (a first for the industry) so technically an OLA (Original Laserdisc Animation). It was done by the legendary Gainax studio when they were at their very peak. Despite the company's famous history, Blazing Transfer Student is still a relativelly unknown piece even in Japan. It has failed to be reissued on dvd or even considered for licensing in the US. It was one of the more noteable VHS fansubs done by Lupin Gang back in the day yet no one has haver thought to upload a torrent of this masterpiece.

All of this has now changed since i present you the first ever episode of Blazing Transfer Student. It took me ages to find, i've been searching years for this and after long 2 months downloading off Emule, i finally i have it in reach. Because of the rarity i wanted to share one of the best parody anime of all time with this community since it has such a fond appreciation for obscure anime as demonstrated in our previous thread.

So here it is, this is a Macross World exclusive. I've uploaded the files onto a public online server. Unfortunately i only have 1gb of bandwith a day so your have to take turns downloading it since it's 370mb in size which will only amount to 3 complete downloads a day, at least it's better than nothing. The quality is very good since it was taken directly from the original Laserdisc and is probaly the best your see without an official dvd release.

Download - Blazing Transfer Student 1-2 (Click Here)

BlazingTransferStuden.jpgBlazingtransfer.jpg

Once you've finished downloading, make sure you have a program like Windows Media Classic which can automatically read external subtitle files since the standard Windows Media Player cannot do this. Any other problems let me know in this thread.

Have fun and enjoy this classic, i hope to upload and share more obsure anime in the future.

Edited by Area88

And it's already gone. Thanks for sharing, though I'm certain someone will point out that you're not supposed to do that on this forum. Still, given the rarity, I can't bring myself to fault you.

I saw this show on VHS ages and ages ago, it's really a fantastic piece. I'd love to get ahold of it again sometime.

You know, this reminds me of another really rare anime that I've not even heard of since seeing it at an anime con back in 99 or 2000.

I believe it was titled 'Haleyluya II: Boy'. I recall it being pretty over the top hilarious.

The server seems to be currently down for maintenance, it should be back up today at 6pm (EST) according to their site. Just a temporary glitch although rather typical in it's timing of my post, lol.

Thanks for the appreciation, i don't think the staff here will have a problem since i've made similiar posts like this before. If by some freak chance it did get licensed i would take down my link immediately. I asked Animeigo about doing this anime but they said 'the license is currently unattainable but they would like to do it'.

Heh you guys want to know what else is rare? The Area 88 Original OVA OST(ActsI/II CD and ActIII CD) and the Area 88 Ova Image album.

I want to give this a look however it does seem interesting an I do like gainax

Heh, I've got those... on vinyl :D

They each came with posters. Pretty cool stuff.

Damn I missed this. Isn't this the one with the Tokyo Train Punch or something like that? Supposed to be really funny.
Yup you know it, your obviously somewhat familiar with it, have you seen it all before?

Lucky you! All I can find online are the CD's on ebay and thats it.
Really? I can't find any cds on EBay :( . I always wanted to find the Area 88 Music Collection but i've never seen it pop up once on Ebay, i can't believe how rare it is. But now the shows finally been released on dvd it's not such a priority for me anymore. Whenever i want to hear the exciting music i can pop it in my dvd player. Man do i wish there were more fans of this show, i hope the ADV disc sold okay.

Thanks Area88. I must have been the first to d/l it from you. I'll let you know what I think after I watch it.
Wow so it worked for you danth, thats great because i was afraid i screwed up the server somehow. It's good to know my upload wasn't in vain. I hope more people are able to get it as well.

Yup you know it, your obviously somewhat familiar with it, have you seen it all before?

A friend showed me the OP on Youtube a few weeks back. Said it was hilarious if I could find it.

Can't access your file. Keeps saying 404 error. I'll try at work tomorrow and see how it goes there.

edit: Still doesn't work. Page not found. Oh well.

The server is now fixed and ready to go.

The admin fixed it for me, sorry for the inconvienence guys.

Enjoy!

EDIT - Due to Bandwith limitations only 3 people will be able to download each day (resets at midnight)

Edited by Area88

I wasn't aware of Gainax being involved with this one. It's never listed in any of the catalogs given for them. I wonder if it was just something they did inbetween work for, and not one of their own productions.

It's a great show, that I haven't seen in years. I figure since ADV got Prefectural Earth Defense Force, they should go for this one next. Or maybe Bakuen Campus Guardress.

Obviously somebody has been downloading it. Can't they be bothered to share the wealth here and set up some mirrors? Or a torrent, even?

Yeah come on there are several of the imacross sites still up that members here manage. surely someone can help.

The only time I can beat you U.S types is to log on when your all in bed. Which is really early for me being at least 5 hours in front of you.

Got it! Great OVA, and excellent video and sub quality! Thanks a lot!

I'll see if I can get a torrent of it made in the next day or two. It'll be my first time setting up a torrent. But it should be a good test run, cause I want to do torrents of Starship Troopers and Votoms OVA raws in the near-ish future.

And the subtitle script is an SRT file. Open the video with Media Player Classic, and it'll load automatically, if you have VobSub installed.

Got it! Great OVA, and excellent video and sub quality! Thanks a lot!

I'll see if I can get a torrent of it made in the next day or two. It'll be my first time setting up a torrent.

Glad you enjoyed it Valkyrie, i would be most grateful if you did decide to set up a torrent since i am clueless how to do this myself.

I will try to provide episode 2 once i've finally got it.

Torrent is up!

http://nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=1138

(you'll have to check the 'I have read and understood the above' box for the download button to appear)

Anyone who already has the files, please help seed. You'll just have to rename the files slightly, as I added a '1' to the end of the file names. So they're now BlazingTranferStudent 1.avi / srt

I'm DL'ing now from Area88s server. I'll help seed as soon as I have the complete file.

Awesome, thanks.

I've got it listed on tokyotosho.com, and submitted to animesuki.com

AND I've confirmed that it works! 12 peers connected and downloading so far! Yay me! :lol:

I should be able to torrent Uchuu no Senshi (Starship Troopers) soon too. I've got rips done of all 6 eps, but I'm not entirely happy with them. The file size is a bit on the high side (nearly 300MB each), and the video is still a bit grainy. I may just have another crack at it before I torrent them.

Analog rips are another new field for me, so I'm not all that good at it yet :p

(you'll have to check the 'I have read and understood the above' box for the download button to appear)

Anyone who already has the files, please help seed. You'll just have to rename the files slightly, as I added a '1' to the end of the file names. So they're now BlazingTranferStudent 1.avi / srt

Could you give me the exact filename you're using? I cannot get past the nag screen for BT download you link to.

Could you give me the exact filename you're using? I cannot get past the nag screen for BT download you link to.

BlazingTranferStudent 1.avi

BlazingTranferStudent 1.srt

both of those in a folder named 'blazing transfer student'

As for the nag screen... you just check the box, then click 'download'. That's not working for you?